• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Roy Koopa's inclusion affect FE Roy's chances of being DLC?

Does Roy Koopa's inclusion affect FE Roy's chances of being DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • No

Votes: 83 59.7%

• Total voters

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I wasn't sure whether to put this into Bowser Jr. or Roy thread, but I figured that it'd get more traffic here.
With DLC being near inevitable, there's a small problem with one veteran, Roy, as Roy Koopa shares the same name, and having two characters with the same name is unprecedented in Smash Bros.
As for my opinion, I think all vets will eventually return as DLC (Even Pichu, but as an alt for Pikachu since they play the exact same).

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I wasn't sure whether to put this into Bowser Jr. or Roy thread, but I figured that it'd get more traffic here.
With DLC being near inevitable, there's a small problem with one veteran, Roy, as Roy Koopa shares the same name, and having two characters with the same name is unprecedented in Smash Bros.
As for my opinion, I think all vets will eventually return as DLC (Even Pichu, but as an alt for Pikachu since they play the exact same).
I think it might influence Roy's chance of returning from 'slim' to 'slimmer.'

J-Biz

Smash Rookie
I do not necessarily believe he is DLC; however, I doubt the name of an alternative costume is relevant either.
It's relevant when the character name changes, the announcer would have to shout 'ROY' for both Roy Koopa and FE Roy, as well as the crowd chanting being the same for both. It just wouldn't work.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
If there is DLC (which we have no clue about yet), Roy seems like he's going to be low on the list priority wise because of Lucina. I don't see Roy Koopa having any effect on him getting in whatsoever.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Lucina is our new Roy, and she plays like him, flailing a sword with all the brute force. Just like Roy does, only Lucina is faster. And can actually kill. I need a flame shield.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that affects his chances.. that's just me I guess.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't think having the same name would be affecting him much. After all, it never stopped Young/Toon Link from making it into Smash. Just rename Mario's Roy to Roy Koopa or something and you're more or less fine.

That aside. I don't think we'd be seeing FE Roy back anyway.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it matters if Roy the Koopaling affected FE Roy's chances anyway. Roy's chances became nonexistent with the reveal of Robin and Lucina, the latter of which is a clone of Marth like he was.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
wait is there actually gonna be dlc?? pls say yes that would be hype. and i dont want speculation to end ;-;

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Roy' chances? What chances? His chances were already extremely slim even before Lucina was announced.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
I do believe Roy will be DLC, but as a Skin of Marth or Lucina, not individual character, 2 clones of the same character would be insane.

Come on, if it wasn't for Roy, nobody would have cared for Fire emblem in the slightest and thus it wouldn't have made FE overseas a thing.

I mean who would have cared with just the bishonen of Marth anyway.

Roy saved Fire Emblem.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I do believe Roy will be DLC, but as a Skin of Marth or Lucina, not individual character, 2 clones of the same character would be insane.

Come on, if it wasn't for Roy, nobody would have cared for Fire emblem in the slightest and thus it wouldn't have made FE overseas a thing.

I mean who would have cared with just the bishonen of Marth anyway.

Roy saved Fire Emblem.
And then Chrom, Robin, and Lucina saved it again.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
Robin and Lucina wouldn't have been a thing without him in the first place :p

3DSplayer

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArcanineTrainer
Even with DLC veterans/newcomers is a possibility, I never would expect Roy to come back from Melee. Not because I don't like him or that Lucina is in (which I don't think affects Roy either) its because people were complaining that Fire Emblem had too many reps and that there's too many sword wielders.
But then again, Dr. Mario got back in...so I guess we'll just have to see.

TheCrashMan

Smash Rookie
It doesn't change his chances because Lucina killed them anyway :cool:
I think you mean Falcon killed him.

He was going for Ike too, but Ike saw it coming and hit the gym hardcore between games. Now without easy prey, Falcon decided to take all his anger out on Chrom.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Uh oh roy does hurt the fire emblem version

The announce saids which ever koopling is outside so he saids Roy

This might hurt hima little bit but not too much

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Roy was never coming back, regardless. He's among the least significant, and least popular Lords in Fire Emblem history, and was only a clone in SSBM, who was there for no other reason than to advertise Fuuin no Tsurugi (a game which was never released outside of Japan) to the Japanese market.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Roy hardly ever had a chance to be in the game in the first place. Roy Koopa affects nothing. 0-0 is still 0.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
No. He wasn't going to be DLC in any case. FE has more than enough reps.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
FE Roy is never coming back.

mod edit: removed censor dodging image, feel free to reupload a censored version

Last edited by a moderator:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Roy died, remember?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Roy isn't coming back. We already have a character named Roy AND we already have a Marth clone (Lucina) AND two other Fire Emblem characters who have t3h ph1r3 (Ike and Robin). Roy is irrelevant and unnecessary IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom