• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does The Costume Matter To You?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
(Points to sig) and I don't use other colours. My secondaries also all have specific colours.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Legend of Red MArth was Wtf epic.

As for me, I like to have my colors. It's not 100% needed, since I have backup colors for each, but it certainly makes me more comfortable.

For Marth I bounce around between Black, White, Blue, and Red.

Link is always Red, failing that, Gold.

Toon Link is Purple, if not, Red.

Wolf is always Black.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'm not attached to any set colors on characters but I do sometimes switch up Lucario colors for the back and white version. Generally I just stick with the standard color theme.

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
I always has 2 use jigglypuff with hat or else i just quit lol:p

But does the hat adds 2 jigglypuffs hitbox? Its a pretty big hat^^

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
*Looks at username*

I actually use the Black/White Mario, lol

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I recently switched from White Olimar to Regular Olimar. Little did I know that such a slight color change on such a diminutive character would be incredibly distracting. <<;

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm fine with playing any color except for Sunflower Hat Jigglypuff, that just throws my game off.

Most of the time though I'll pick green because I like it but if I was forced to choose a different color I wouldn't mind.

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
I'm fine with playing any color except for Sunflower Hat Jigglypuff, that just throws my game off.

Most of the time though I'll pick green because I like it but if I was forced to choose a different color I wouldn't mind.
hehe, i can ONLY play when i got the Sunflower Hat^^

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
not many people can resist the pink captain falcon whenever they play him :p
also, ****** diddy da bess, although pink is pretty cool too (too bad we dont have an awesome diddy player anymore who uses pink...)

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
Not really. I can see how it would make a difference, though, especially with Jiggs or Pika. Kirbeh doesn't really change that much, though...

:kirby:

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
yes but does anyone knows for sure if pikas party hat or jiggs hat acctually adds 2 the hitbox?

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I love the way Praxis plays as Peach. Sort of a fan, and I noticed he usually plays in Peach's wedding Dress...... That is why I play as Peach in the White Dress V__V

Shining Tyranitar

Smash Rookie
Hmm...personally, I don't really have any real attachment to a certain color that affects my fighting style...at least not any colors that are in the game at default. I do really like playing with deep blue Yoshi and black Bowser, however. Whites and Blacks are usually my favorites, actually.

tehcerealman

Smash Rookie
Well, with Ike it doesn't matter though his red costume is the only one I refuse to play in.
With Toon Link, I either play them all except green.
Luigi=Purple
Sonic=Gold or Green
Mario= White

Willow's Tara

Smash Rookie
Well in terms of mattering it's not like I need it, but I like having Zelda/Sheik or anyone for that matter wearing black, probably because I like the color black and Zelda looks pretty in it.

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
Well since I use custom textures, for certain characters I don't have a preference, I like them all. But as far as normal colors are concerned, I only use original/Mr. Saturn for Ness, original/Claus/green for Lucas, green for Snake, and light blue for Marth.

Ma(r)th

Smash Rookie
If another player picked your character in your preferred colour, you might mistake their character for your own (if only for a second); this, however, has never happened to me.

Quixy

Smash Rookie
I'm so use to one color that when I play teams or i'm not that color I loose concentration fast, finding myself getting lost in the fight and realizing, oh god i'm the one falling off the map.

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I always play the green costume, always. When I play teams I am always the green team. There have been occasions where I swapped teams and it was confusing.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
It only matters when im in doubles. Me and my teammate are always red so it messes us up when we pick blue or green.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
WOW OMFG!!!!!!!

I was thinking that was the only one who had that problem with the costume

if i dont use my green link i cant play well ( sometimes use the red and withe costume)
i realy hate the gold costume

with captain falcon i use the pink color (I have a friend who tell Cf jejejeje)
with samus is the original or purple suit

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Yes, the colors mean a lot! I start tripping over the costume colors, but I know we have hacks to change that >_<

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Someone get the legend of Red Marf in here.

edit: Got it

And that is why costumes are important.
This was amazing, and slightly frightening at the same time. One good reason reliable GameCube controllers should've been created.

Anyways, I love to play as green Olimar, aka Pink Boots. Green's always been my favorite color, plus his green space suit is just so funky fresh.

Top Bottom