• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the overuse of the main theme song in brawl bug you?

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Seriously, nearly every single song that isn't from something in Brawl, is a remix of some sort of the main theme. It's a great song, but not when it's almost every single song.

I know I'm nit-picking, but it just bugs me. I would've rather had it be used once or twice.

What about you guys?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I don't have the game, just the soundtrack, and I get so sick of it. In fact, i think i took most of it off my playlist. I only like the menu 1 thats based off of it.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Only Final Destination and Battlefield pester you with the 5 remixes of the lovely opera song. Dont like it, go to Smashville or Halberd.

On a seperate note, the spaghetti western remix of the main theme is just great.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
It's sad how you are so right,let me remind people of how many remixes there are by listing them.

EDIT:List Made

1:X02 - Smash Bros Brawl - Menu 01
2:X04 - Smash Bros Brawl - How To Play(or Battlefield 2 )
3:X05 - Smash Bros Brawl - Final Destination
4:X07 - Smash Bros Brawl - WiFi Waiting Room
5:X15 - Smash Bros Brawl - All-Star Mode
6:X17 - Smash Bros Brawl - Main Theme Remix
7:X19 - Smash Bros Brawl - Trophy Mode
8:X20 - Smash Bros Brawl - Stickers Mode(barely)
9:X23 - Smash Bros Brawl - Stage Builder
10:X25 - Smash Bros Brawl - Battlefield v2
11:X26 - Smash Bros Brawl - Target Smash
12:Y02 - The Subspace Emissary - Desert Stage
13:Y05 - The Subspace Emissary - Battle Theme
14:Y08 - The Subspace Emissary - Outro
15:Y15 - The Subspace Emissary - Subspace Area(very little)

There may be more.

Arteen

Smash Lord
It's common in many forms of media and entertainment for a theme song to be used repeatedly in various ways, to hold the media together thematically. It doesn't bother me.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's been stuck in my head for like a week, but I like it. I like Menu 1 better though.

Retaliation

Smash Cadet
have you guys listened to the halo 3 album? almost every song has that piano part from the halo 3 theme... not to mention some of the songs are the same as teh others just rearranged in a different fashion ie: This is the Hour and Finish the Fight

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
at least they're actual remixes. Would you want every use of it to be the actual theme itself? Like Sonic and the Secret Rings did to Seven Rings in Hand?

I thought so.

quinnydinny

Smash Cadet
The music is absolutely amazing. I don't care about the themes being overused as long as they are varied some. I just want the game to be out in the US NOW!!!

Gymclass_Hero

Smash Cadet
I like it. Maybe it's cause I match the words with that one video....

"I'll be the Marth! E.G Noob. This is Yoshi's B....."

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
YES! It annoys the hell out of me! I mean, the main theme is pretty cool, but they had to make like 12 different versions of the song and put it in the game! What the hell? It's definitely not that good.

It probably bugs me more because I've listened to the full soundtrack game rip...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's overused but some of the remixes are so awesome that you kind of forgive the developers for doing it. Personally, I like the Final Destination and the Target Test remixes the most.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
It's kind of bothersome to see them go the Yoshi's Story/Luigi's Mansion/Mario Sunshine way of things, but it's a good track and most of the rearrangements are very enjoyable so I don't find myself minding it much.

I'm more bothered by the raw number of tracks ported in from Gamecube and Wii (and even N64 and DS) games.

=ArtH=

Smash Apprentice
I like the Spanish Guitar one you hear in WiFi mode, but I'm tired of the rest.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
good thing you can choose your songs

overused theme....yeah, but think there are
other games that do it also, aleast it played
in different styles.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I like it, but if there were like 5 re-mixes, I'd be cool. There are 20. I liked the fact that Melee had a wider array of music for it's other modes. Oh well, the full OST more than makes up for it!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
It's too small of a fraction of the massive truckloads of songs in the game to matter that much to me. Besides, some songs on the soundtrack make up for all of the remixes, and then some. <3 Yoshi's Story Ending....<.< >.>

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
It's the main theme. Of course they're going to use it more than once. If they didn't, it wouldn't be a main theme. Besides, all of the remixes are pretty much awesome. Especally the Wi-Fi waiting room (unless I'm mixing that up with something else).

Also, it's one of Uematsu's. It'd be a sin NOT to use it multiple times.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Especally the Wi-Fi waiting room (unless I'm mixing that up with something else).
The guitar one? I do like that one, but I mean listen through the SSE music. I'm just a little disappointed when it's used in near every cutscene song, and in boss fights. Listen to the close, sometimes it's hard to notice, and those don't bother me.

I guess I'm not a fan of recycling music.

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
The Final Destination theme is my alarm tone.
It wakes me up so I'm ready to Brawl

Unfortunately a minute later I realize that I do not have the game

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Well it is the MAIN THEME. I dunno what you expected...no point in griping about it either as that wont change anything.
Yeah it's the MAIN THEM not the , use this for every game mode, theme.Just because it's the main theme doesn't necessarily mean it has to be be used over and over again.Although I do like it.

Mzero

Smash Cadet
i can never get those stupid youtube "lyrics" videos out of my head. so yea, i hate the song now

Top Bottom