• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the S-Smash/ Dash Smash work with C Fal?

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
I saw this new advanced technique online earlier, and I tried to do it with captain falcon, but all I could get him to do was dash and then take another step afterwards, so I was wondering if it's possible to do what they're doing in this video with captain falcon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LE1emLDAZ8

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yes Falcon benefits from foxtrots. Dekar said it in the social thread, and it's even more useful when you foxtrot dash dance back and forth. If you can do that you can bait approaches and punish with side B, dash/pivot grab or even Fsmash.

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
Dash dancing is possible but very difficult on the 3ds to do more than one left-right. I find using that near the ledge before jumping out for spike or knee is useful.

I'll have to checkout this technique later. Looks cool.

0mart

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mr.0mart
I saw this new advanced technique online earlier, and I tried to do it with captain falcon, but all I could get him to do was dash and then take another step afterwards, so I was wondering if it's possible to do what they're doing in this video with captain falcon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LE1emLDAZ8
YES HE DOES... actually, days before the video was posted I discovered that too on 3DS and the things you can do with this tech are outstanding with CF. you can use this to punish attacks from far, Chasing( Imagine a Villager who tries to enter the stage using his Side-B, you can actually chase him foxtrotting and then when you are in range, just press Forward again and the C-stick to the Side*Implying you are in Gamecube or Pro controller*, and even to keep the pressure after a D-throw(if they are not in range for a secure hit) you can even mixup your oponent when you are running towards them and instead of a Dash attack or the Grab(the rock paper sisccors situation) you can space a Fsmash.... you just Dash how many times depending how long the distance you want to travel.

Actually there are follow ups after the D-throw at certain percents like ( MK-60%) that if you try to run and then jump you wouldn´t even get close... but with the foxtrotting you can get close to him in a blink of an eye....

Lionman

Smash Champion
If i see something doing that to me ill just fsmash him in the face.

Ill test it anyways

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
This can only imply Falcon's range. F-smash's range got buffed so much, this can only make it even better :)

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Tested Falcon's fox trotting on a roughly max length custom stage. Falcon's dash is so freaking long, the timing window on fox trot is massive, so I tried a couple methods for it:

Running: 2.773
Long/medium fox trots: 2.910
Shortest fox trots: 3.074

You don't lose much speed doing it if you time it right. Also Salmon Smash is still better at least for Falcon than Kara Smash. It's sort of the same thing, just instead of inputting dash -> fsmash you input dash -> tilt back -> fsmash. Tilting back allows you to initially dash forward for a slightly longer time giving you more distance.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I don't think Stutter step Fsmash works in smash 4. Sometimes you feel like it works but it's mainly because Fsmash range got buffed a lot.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Stutter step f-smash definitely works, and makes Falcon's f-smash retardedly long. Learn it well and master it, friends.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I don't know if Falcon benefits from foxtrotting in general, but his fsmash has so much range its hard to see this not being useful for him.
falcon's foxtrot game is really good what are you talking about

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
falcon's foxtrot game is really good what are you talking about
Perhaps you misunderstood me? I stated that I wasnt sure myself (I have no way to test these things as I have neither a Wii U nor a 3DS), but then I said that he HAS to be able to benefit from foxtrotting. Nowhere did I say that his wasn't good. :/

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Hey, Can you guys tell me if I'm doing the kara smash part correctly? er, i mean, the part where you just input "forward dash, flick the stick in the opposite direction, then smash attack" which is basically just a regular smash, but it increases the range of your forward smash. I want to try and get this part down, then separately get the dashing right, then I'll be able to combine the two when I know I'm doing both parts correctly.
This is a video of me doing it. It's a bunch of different cuts because I edited together all the shots of what I believe are me doing it correctly.
http://youtu.be/p67GOhshG6E

Top Bottom