• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does this piss you off?

Tennet

Smash Champion
One of my friends always tells me that the characters I use (usually Marth) are easy to use. I get so pissed off, for some reason part of him thinks that tiers mean how easy a character is to use and sometimes he thinks what it really is. Does this happen to you/piss you off?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Then reply the following:
"Using a character to have success may be easy, but even the easiest character to play with takes skill to master."

And that's how it is.

-Ran

Smash Master
Tell him to use the character then. When he replies, 'Pft, I don't want to.' Then you can retort, 'No Johns.' When he perks a brow in confusion, you can then explain,

"Good sir, tiers only dictate the level of potential that a character has and are not directly correlated to their success at the average play level. I may or may not have the skill necessary to even touch the surface as to why this character is high tier, but if you are concerned about how you're doing, feel free to pick another character."

Pi

Smash Hero
Just show him a video of a marth getting beat by his character

Then tell him learn to not suck

tell him to stop making excuses for why he loses and start winning!

he won't bother you again, ever, they leave after I tell them that ._.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Then reply the following:
"Using a character to have success may be easy, but even the easiest character to play with takes skill to master."

And that's how it is.
Lol, but that sounds so............. I dunno. Cant think of the right word.

TC, only suggestion I have is to use somebody else against him.
Facing a good Marth (or any other top tier) is not fun.

Or at least let him try Marth. When I first tried him he felt kinda slow to me.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Tell him to use the character then. When he replies, 'Pft, I don't want to.' Then you can retort, 'No Johns.' When he perks a brow in confusion, you can then explain,

"Good sir, tiers only dictate the level of potential that a character has and are not directly correlated to their success at the average play level. I may or may not have the skill necessary to even touch the surface as to why this character is high tier, but if you are concerned about how you're doing, feel free to pick another character."
Quoted for good english.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
you can then explain,

I c wut u did thar.

Okay, maybe my line was a bit cheesy. I never said he should use it literally. It would fit to come out of my mouth, as I have a lot of cheesy lines, but he should put it in his own words. :p

Geist

Smash Master
One of my friends always tells me that the characters I use (usually Marth) are easy to use. I get so pissed off, for some reason part of him thinks that tiers mean how easy a character is to use and sometimes he thinks what it really is. Does this happen to you/piss you off?
lol sounds like johns to me.
Play the same character as him and destroy him :D

Tennet

Smash Champion
He beat me with Marth which made me sad but like 5 games later i pulled a lot of stuff on him and won. He mains G&W btw. He knows how much I lurk this forum and stuff so i'll probably go find a post i read talking about how Marth is hard to play very good on a high level of play... It doesn't help hes played more than twice as much as me. I say no johns quite a lot actually even more annoying I had to explain what johns are to him. >.>

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
That fortunatly never happens to me, but if I ever get in that situation I'm following Ran Iji's advice. Then if they kept saying it, I'd say it again, only with a British accent. If the problem persisted, I'd start saying it with an Irish accent...or something.

If you can't remember the advice, just start saying "He/She is NOT an easy character!" in a voice kind of like a little kid, and then when they try to reply interupt them rudely and say, "uh-uh!" (once again, in a little kid voice)

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Easy to use? MK and MK only. But the point is that, like Ran Iji said, high tiers are only high because of the potential they have. The thing is that you can learn more and get better with a high tier, but it's not easier than using a low tier.

peeup

Smash Lord
He beat me with Marth which made me sad but like 5 games later i pulled a lot of stuff on him and won. He mains G&W btw. He knows how much I lurk this forum and stuff so i'll probably go find a post i read talking about how Marth is hard to play very good on a high level of play... It doesn't help hes played more than twice as much as me. I say no johns quite a lot actually even more annoying I had to explain what johns are to him. >.>
You are complaining that he's been playing more than you, and you tell him not to john? Weak...

Anyway, you can do one of two things. One option is to make sure that he understands that G&W is pretty much better than Marth (don't quote me on that, its just from personal experience) and that although tires certainly DO exits, the player with the more skill will win every time (almost... MK breaks the rules). The second option is to pick up a low tier character and whoop him with that guy. My friend use to say that Olimar was so cheap and that I only play with cheap characters, so I decided to pick up Yoshi and I still owned him.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I almost beat him in a Falcon ditto and I rarely use Falcon. It may sound like complaining over the internet I'm just stating that hes played way more than me. I've been finding out that I contradict myself a lot. I wear shorts in 20 degree weather and yet I wear a hoodie. He hates when I mention stuff that happened in that game though because he doesn't believe it was an edge hog in any form. Basically we were both recovering due to his missed edge guard and I ended up managing to grab the edge a little before him so he fell, so just to annoy him I was like " How'd you like that edge hog?"

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Everyones easy to use.

But no hes right, Marths really easy. Especially compared to complicated MK.
..... =P

Oracle

Smash Master
Everything about brawl pisses me off.
Especially scrubs.

Pick up captain falcon and **** them. Then they won't whine anymore.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Pick up captain falcon and **** them. Then they won't whine anymore.
Here comes your numero uno problem then with a scrub: They think Captain Falcon is amazingly good because of "the knee", "falawn pawnch!!", and he's one of the much faster of characters in the game.

So try explaining that one to a noob.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Here comes your numero uno problem then with a scrub: They think Captain Falcon is amazingly good because of "the knee", "falawn pawnch!!", and he's one of the much faster of characters in the game.

So try explaining that one to a noob.
Hahaha yep.

Now two characters that newbies think suck almost immediately -

Jigglypuff and Yoshi.

I played against someone who wasn't too knowledgable about smash, and decided to mess around and try Jigglypuff, to try her aerial game and KO power for myself. And he was like "Jigglypuff?! JIGGLYPUFF!?!?! DO I SUCK THAT MUCH?! D:"

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Your friend must be crazy, he mains the easiest character in the game. GnW

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Um, Marth isn't easy to use at all. You have to be really good with spacing in order to get the most damage from his sword tip.

And in any case, just tell your friend that ease of use =/= how good the character is.

walla_homie

Smash Apprentice
good my friends are never like that, they just pick a character who they think are cool and feels good to play. mostly Sonic, Lucario, Ice climbers etc.

Angof

Smash Rookie
Tiers don't matter much really in my opinion. Oh sure, to some degree when first starting off it does, but as you play more and more of a character you find yourself not only able to time your attacks better but also anticipate what to do in given circumstances.

Example: When I started Lucario I couldn't hit Shiek. Period. After a day or two I began to anticipate attacks and learned what counters worked and what didn't. In the end I was able to stop the much faster character from just ****** me with pure speed.

So if he is mad at you always winning or giving him a hard time with Marth, just tell him to pick up a character and learn how to beat you. It should be easy enough if you are always using the same character anyway.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
This always happens to me. All of the noobs I ever play complain about Zelda's smashes or Sheiks tilt lock...........i've dealt with it since the game came out. My only advice is if you don't want to deal with complaints about your character, then only play people who actually understand the game. That's what i've resorted to.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Just tell him "No Johns" or play MK to show him how cheap he is compared to Marth :p

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
I HATE WHEN SOME ONE SAYS THAT ITS LIKE IN TEKKEN BECAUSE I USED EDDY DO U KNOW HOW HARD THOSE 13 HIT COMBOS ARE TO DO AND THEN WHEN I TRY TO USE KING CAUSE HIS GRABS OOOO IM A CHEATER AHHHHHHH I GET SO MAD AND ANGRY but ya know beating your friends and seein that expression is better than eggnog on christmas morning (ahhh, signs of relief)

trev94

Smash Journeyman
Just show him a video of a marth getting beat by his character

Then tell him learn to not suck

tell him to stop making excuses for why he loses and start winning!

he won't bother you again, ever, they leave after I tell them that ._.
i can say this to alot of people if we switched marth and mk names

SSBKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
I don't know I use Link and they say "why you use a low tier?" but that pisses me off. Marth isn't that easy to use, I really suxxx with him.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
She wasn't being serious...

Then again I don't know if you're being serious or not, darn internet. D:

Just ignore him if he's that's ignorant. You could also tell him if it's that easy, to see if he can play that character that fast, Marth isn't that easy to learn IMO.

Tennet

Smash Champion
Well it doesn't help that I barely get to play so i'm terrible now and his Falcon can beat me but i might actually still be able to win because he doesn't play all that smart usually i just have to slow down and think...

Smash Master
Every character in Brawl is easy. That's the way it is. If he wants to play a non-mindless technical game, he should pop in something else.

Or he could just use MK. MK *****.

Top Bottom