• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong can turn around in the middle of his Giant Punch!?!?

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Check this video out:

http://www.stage6.com/user/Riviera_rion/video/2197515/[Smash-Brothers-X]CP_battle_2

Look at 1:09 to 1:11. You'll see Donkey Kong facing right, doing his Giant Punch, and then turning to his left in the middle of the attack! Just think of the possibilities with that kind of technique. I heard other characters like Captain Falcon can do this as well with their special moves.

So, what do you guys think?

FreezePop

Smash Rookie
geez thats pretty crazy, nice catch. When i first was watching i forgot what i was looking out for, and i totally missed that =P

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
Same as the aerial version,

Push your direction to the side, don't press ANY direction for a frame than press B. People just find it hard to press the direction, than nothing it all very fast.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ahh I can't see it because I'd have to install a DivX thing but don't have enough space for it v_v couldn't anyone youtube it?

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
MMm, kinda hard to see if he actually started Gaint punch and turned or turned and Gaint punch, but if it's the former, it's something real cool, as DK needs all the Buffs he can get! On a side note, I didn't know how much better quality Stage6 was compaired to Youtube. O_o

Kips

Smash Ace
Kind of hard to determine but if this is true then it makes for insane mindgames that could result in DK being unpredictable and even more deadly. DK players around the world rejoice for we now have the...
DK PAWWWWWWWWWWWWNCH!

The Director

Smash Lord
This is very good news. You can do this with Falcon Punch and Ganon Punch as well.

Maining DK for the past six years, I can't even tell you how many DK punches have come out in the wrong direction.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
I hear that, I don't know how many times my brother has KO'd my DK with his Marth because of a missplaced Giant Punch.

Top Bottom