• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
With Tropical Freeze being released in Japan soon, I felt that this thread needs to be made, as no one else has done so.

[collapse=Screenshots]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Videos (Level spoilers possible!)]
[/collapse]

Anyway, discuss anything involving Tropical Freeze on this very thread.

Last edited:

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
Am i the only one that want's the walrus to be his own character, and not K Rool in disguise? Seriously I just think there are better ways to incorporate him into the game, rather than some lame plot jack.

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
All I ask is that the final boss fight is actually interesting and fun and not 'Head-n-Hands' again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Am i the only one that want's the walrus to be his own character, and not K Rool in disguise? Seriously I just think there are better ways to incorporate him into the game, rather than some lame plot jack.
The reason that is because as for there body's the only thing not identical about it is there toes

To present for the costume the head is just a mask of a walrus

The body is like a heavy coat for king k rool in the Arctic.

And as for the feat there could be something in the shoes that keep the toe nails to pop out.

And 3 keys to why this is possible

1 he disguised himself as a walrus Viking to trick the real Viking's into freezing DK island

2 why should they shadow up the main villain when it's just another simple walrus

3 this means nothing but when the walrus blew the horn in the main DKCTF intro a ice dragon popped out and a dragon is a type of lizard (it means nothing because nearly most mythical characters and things can summon dragons)

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Let's see what Cranky thinks of the new Donkey Kong Country:

Not bad but I prefer these two:

Still a cool idea to promote DKC:TF with some typical Cranky Kong statements^^

I'm really excited to play this game. The levels look very well designed, the music is epic, the new partners seem to be a good addition, nice underwater levels, more silhouette levels, secret exits, epic intro cutscene and also very pleasant graphics.

While Rayman Legends feels like a very good 2D Jump'n'Run, I feel like DKC:TF will easily top that one. Rayman Legends has many quite easy-to-see secret things while you normally really have to stay concentrated in DKCR to find all the secrets and often you need the help of Squawks for some puzzle pieces.

No need to talk about the hard mode / mirror mode of DKCR. Heard the hard mode of DKC:TF will be close to what we had in DKCR, meaning one heart and no Kong partner.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/09/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-file-size-revealed/
Grabbed this from the King K. Rool thread and decided to bring it here to avoid further derailment of our pondering regarding the Kremling king.

Apparently the DL version of Tropical Freeze will be 11GB. Holy crow! That's almost as big as Assassin's Creed 4 (13GB I believe)... And that's a HUGE game. Anyone else curious about how it could possibly be that big? To put it in perspective, Super Mario 3D World was a modest 1.7GB, and had a hefty amount of content / levels.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/02/09/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-file-size-revealed/
Grabbed this from the King K. Rool thread and decided to bring it here to avoid further derailment of our pondering regarding the Kremling king.

Apparently the DL version of Tropical Freeze will be 11GB. Holy crow! That's almost as big as Assassin's Creed 4 (13GB I believe)... And that's a HUGE game. Anyone else curious about how it could possibly be that big? To put it in perspective, Super Mario 3D World was a modest 1.7GB, and had a hefty amount of content / levels.
Either the compression methods are different, or the textures are using the best possible quality that they can have. The length of the videos can play a factor in all of this as well.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Just going to drop the full version of Lockjaw's Saga here that will be in DKC: TF.
Less than two more days! Get hype!

Last edited:

§leepy God

Smash Master
Playing this game now, all I have to say is GOOD LORD THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING!!! Well, also this game doesn't feel too hard like DKCR but I'm having a lot of fun though.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Been playing it a lot.
Difficulty is about the same as the original. Although Dixie and Crank add something new, they aren't necessarily game-changing.
Loading screens are a big bother for me, especially when you start the game up.
Also, even though the original composer of the DKC games did this game, I don't think the audio is all up to snuff.

But it still is a pretty damn good platformer.
Anyone else have it?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's very good so far. I'm only on the 3rd world and the "this stage is incredible" factor kicks in like every other level for me.

Also disagree about the music, already some songs that I absolutely love:
Sawmill Thrill
Grassland Groove

Incidentally those levels are my 2 favorites so far...

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I've finished the normal mode and started the hardmode. World 1 is already done (except for the boss missing yet) and I have to stay the hardmode is much better than the one from DKCR. You really should at least try the hardmode ;)
Especially as I got the impression you are even able to fix the difficulty even in hardmode.

As you can choose your character you want to play, some characters make it easier to get to the end of the levels while others make it more difficult.

With Dixie, it's the easiest way to go through the hardmode.
With Cranky, it's easier than with Diddy, still a bit harder than with Dixie. However every underwater level should be easy with Crankys underwater move.
Diddy isn't bad for the hardmode, still less useful than Dixie or Cranky. It's still fun^^
And Donkey Kong gives you the classic hardmode from DKCR.

Didn't I mention there are no checkpoints in hardmode? Makes it even more difficult ;)

I honestly don't try to make the hardmode as easy as possible using all the time Dixie or in underwater levels only Cranky. However I want to make use of the option you can finally choose your Kong yourself. Therefore I switch between Diddy, Dixie and Cranky.

After all, it's a great game with most of the time fitting music with good sounds. In the 6th world however, 6-3 I believe, the music sounds strange because there is a trumpet sound that sounds just like these poor midi sounds. Sometimes the sounds used aren't the best, but the music itself is really good. I can't remember a single track I hated.

Top Bottom