• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey kong Junior, will he make a comeback?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I added NPC (Non Playable character) next to the ones where he is an NPC but he has been in 17 games and planned to be in 3 more, DK jr has been in 4 and planned to be in 0 more :laugh:

magar

Banned via Administration
I Think He Might Have Better Chances Then Diddy

****, Now xianfeng will start flaiming me :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
magar said:
I Think He Might Have Better Chances Then Diddy
I'll be nice this time...

reasons why Diddy has more chance than DK jr
  • he is more popular
  • he is more original
  • he has been in more games
  • he has been in better games
  • he is DK's luigi
  • he is more wanted
  • he is just plain better
  • he has his own spinoff series

magar

xianfeng said:
I'll be nice this time...

reasons why Diddy has more chance than DK jr
  • he is more popular
  • he is more original
  • he has been in more games
  • he has been in better games
  • he is DK's luigi
  • he is more wanted
  • he is just plain better
  • he has his own spinoff series
Reasons Why DK Jr. Has More Chances Than Diddy
[He's The 2nd Kong (Donkey Kong Jr. & Jr. Math)
He's For All Ages ;)
He's Educational :laugh:
He's A Forgotten Legend (Like The IC's & G&W)
He's Been An More Consolds (Arcade),(Attari),(NES),(GB)
He's Dk's Babby Mario
He's A Classic
He Deserves His Respect]

8=8 But Dk jr. Deserves To Be in. Just AS Much As Diddy
Even More Actually :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
magar said:
Reasons Why DK Jr. Has More Chances Than Diddy
[He's The 2nd Kong (Donkey Kong Jr. & Jr. Math)
He's For All Ages ;)
He's Educational :laugh:
He's A Forgotten Legend (Like The IC's & G&W)
He's Been An More Consolds (Arcade),(Attari),(NES),(GB)
He's Dk's Babby Mario
He's A Classic
He Deserves His Respect]

8=8 But Dk jr. Deserves To Be in. Just AS Much As Diddy
Even More Actually :p
Diddy has been on more consoles SNES, N64, GC, Arcade, GBA, DS (future)
Diddy is also for all ages, no one likes educational characters, Diddy is a current legend, Baby Mario wasn't in melee and he won't be in brawl, Diddy too is a classic he has been on every nintendo system apart from the NES and GB, Diddy deserves respect too.

Diddy deserves to be in Brawl way way more than DK jr. in fact there is a list of DK characters that deserves to be in brawl and here it is in order; Diddy, Krool, Dixie, Chunky, Kiddy, Lanky, Tiny, Funky, Krunch, Kritter, Rambi, all other animal buddies, Diddy & Dixie tag team, DK jr.

magar

xianfeng said:
Diddy has been on more consoles SNES, N64, GC, Arcade, GBA, DS (future)
Diddy is also for all ages, no one likes educational characters, Diddy is a current legend, Baby Mario wasn't in melee and he won't be in brawl, Diddy too is a classic he has been on every nintendo system apart from the NES and GB, Diddy deserves respect too.

Diddy deserves to be in Brawl way way more than DK jr. in fact there is a list of DK characters that deserves to be in brawl and here it is in order; Diddy, Krool, Dixie, Chunky, Kiddy, Lanky, Tiny, Funky, Krunch, Kritter, Rambi, all other animal buddies, Diddy & Dixie tag team, DK jr.
I respect Diddy, But I Respect Jr. More & Jr. Was A Trophy In SSBM ;)

magar

Ya, The Math Verry Educational, It Had Mario In It aka Jumpman!
It Twas Rated EC & I Command Diddy Bow Down To Him NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magar

DokturSea said:
I think xianfeng hit the nail on the head with his "Diddy's just plain better" argument.
well, This Is The Dk Jr Thread, Not The Diddy Is Better one :p

Shark X

Smash Lord
Let me put it this way,. Meta-Knight, Wario, and Diddy Kong, three characters that SHOULD of been in Melee, and everyone knows it. Now, Meta-Knight and Wario are confirmed. Diddy Kong is with out a doubt going to be in this game.

What DOES scare me though is, DK, DK Jr., and Dixie Kong had trophy's, yet, Diddy didn't. Why Dixie, but no Diddy? I love Dixie more, but Diddy is so much more deserveing of a trophy and a Brawl spot than Dixie or DK Jr. I mean, DK Jr still deserved a trophy, but thats it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
magar said:
well, This Is The Dk Jr Thread, Not The Diddy Is Better one :p
Ok then I will discuss DK jr

Donkey Kong Junior does not deserve to be in super smash brothers brawl as he is a video game washup, he is just the current Donkey Kong when he was in his youth although he could also be his brother Swanky Kong back in his childhood days even though rareware said it was current Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong Junior would be a clone as he has absoloutly no features that seperate him from the current Donkey Kong apart from being faster and lighter but weaker. Donkey Kong Junior enjoys maths and is therefore a nerd. His last appearance was as a trophy in Super Smah Brothers Melee and the information on the trophy is inaccurate. That is what I think of Donkey Kong Junior.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
magar said:
Please, Honor The Legend That Is..... DK Jr.
he is already in ssb & ssbm

Baby Donkey Kong from Yoshi's Island is well Baby Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr is Donkey Kong as about a 5-7 year old, the current DK who is 30 something is all 3 characters in one. The original Donkey Kong is his father who is in about his 50s, Cranky Kong.

magar

xianfeng said:
he is already in ssb & ssbm

Baby Donkey Kong from Yoshi's Island is well Baby Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr is Donkey Kong as about a 5-7 year old, the current DK who is 30 something is all 3 characters in one. The original Donkey Kong is his father who is in about his 50s, Cranky Kong.
But They Can Have Compleatlt Different Move Sets :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shark X said:
Let me put it this way,. Meta-Knight, Wario, and Diddy Kong, three characters that SHOULD of been in Melee, and everyone knows it. Now, Meta-Knight and Wario are confirmed. Diddy Kong is with out a doubt going to be in this game.

What DOES scare me though is, DK, DK Jr., and Dixie Kong had trophy's, yet, Diddy didn't. Why Dixie, but no Diddy? I love Dixie more, but Diddy is so much more deserveing of a trophy and a Brawl spot than Dixie or DK Jr. I mean, DK Jr still deserved a trophy, but thats it.
The only reason why Diddy didnt had a thropy was because he was already planned but he wasnt put in the final version togheter with Baloon Fighter and Mach Rider. However Diddy was noticed in Dixie's thropy, and if Im right it was something like "Shes not only Diddy's girlfriend" which means they atleast didnt forget about him. Still I think because of the troubles with Rare they thought they didn't had the rights of Diddy.

And xianfeng that summary about DK jr made me laugh! Your SO dayum right, who wants a nerdy-monkey while you can get Diddy huh?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
magar said:
But They Can Have Compleatlt Different Move Sets :p
sure they can but that would be a huge waste, why would they bother thinking, wasting time on an original moveset for someone who doesn't have any moves to pull things from when they can take a character with a perfectly layed out moveset for them and use that

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
You know Sakurai...

He'll put DK Jr. in if he likes it. And I think he definitely likes it.

Diddy Kong said:
The only reason why Diddy didnt had a thropy was because he was already planned but he wasnt put in the final version togheter with Baloon Fighter and Mach Rider. However Diddy was noticed in Dixie's thropy, and if Im right it was something like "Shes not only Diddy's girlfriend" which means they atleast didnt forget about him. Still I think because of the troubles with Rare they thought they didn't had the rights of Diddy.

And xianfeng that summary about DK jr made me laugh! Your SO dayum right, who wants a nerdy-monkey while you can get Diddy huh?
And can you source this? I don't need a link, and I don't wanna sound like a jerk. I'm intently interested. I remember reading that Pichu and GDorf were planned to have original moves, and that BF and Sigurd were also planned to appear but canned when they ran out of space/chose Ice Climbers instead. Apparently Wario and Meta Knight were listed since the original along with Pit, but they kept putting them off until they had exhausted the more popular "mainstays."

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
FlipTroopa said:
You know Sakurai...

Then I hope he likes Sonic and Bonk, lol.
Also, for the absence of a Diddy trophy in SSBM. I think the reason was he was planned first as a character, but for time issues. There wasn't even enough time to make his trophy.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Well there was word going around that Punch-Out trophies were being made, but they couldn't be placed in the game due to time constraints as well.

Melee was only developed in just two years. That's pretty impressive, but also limiting. They could've easily fit a lot more trophies in that game.

Shark X

Smash Lord
FlipTroopa said:
Apparently Wario and Meta Knight were listed since the original along with Pit, but they kept putting them off until they had exhausted the more popular "mainstays."
You mean since SSB64? And WHAT? Wario and Meta-Knight were super popular! And I'm sure Pit was more popular than Ice Climbers.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
FlipTroopa said:
You know Sakurai...

And can you source this? I don't need a link, and I don't wanna sound like a jerk. I'm intently interested. I remember reading that Pichu and GDorf were planned to have original moves, and that BF and Sigurd were also planned to appear but canned when they ran out of space/chose Ice Climbers instead. Apparently Wario and Meta Knight were listed since the original along with Pit, but they kept putting them off until they had exhausted the more popular "mainstays."
No I really cant but... Dont you find it strange that he didnt had a thropy while he did got mentioned in Dixie's? You could say Nintendo didnt knew Diddy was theirs, yet they did put K.Rool and Dixie in as thropies. I guess that mainly because Diddy was supposed to have 3 thropies like every other playable character has [this also goes for Baloon Fighter and Mech Rider, however they did got thropies, perhaps because they where cut out earlier then Diddy]. Resting_Fox came with this conclusion.

Also I read somewhere that Wario and Diddy had Melee artwork showed somewhere at a E3-like place. As you know Wario is already in Brawl. And because Diddy is the Luigi of the DK franchice and we haven't seen or heard about DK jr for like... 20 years? I think Diddy is more likely then DK jr. Also DK Jr and the DK we know from SSBM are both the same person. Donkey Kong of today is a grown up DK jr, the old DK who fought Jumpman is now know as Cranky Kong. And because DK jr and DK are the same person, DK jr would very likely end up being a clone while Diddy is an unique character.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong, along with Mario and Meta-Knight, were the move deserveing characters to be included. And guess what, two out of three of those made it. Only makes sense for Diddy to appear next. And since Diddy isn't that major as Meta-Knight, Wario, Pit, or Snake, then they had no room to fit him in the trailer.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
Diddy Kong, along with Mario and Meta-Knight, were the move deserveing characters to be included. And guess what, two out of three of those made it. Only makes sense for Diddy to appear next. And since Diddy isn't that major as Meta-Knight, Wario, Pit, or Snake, then they had no room to fit him in the trailer.
I suppose, in the next trailer I want them to do one like the first but with four other franchises getting new reps starts out with Samus, Capt. Falcon, DK and Fox running then throughout the duration of the trailer they reveal Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Diddy Kong, Krystal and then at the end Sonic. Or something like that it would be cool

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Okay, let me say a few things that might set some of you straight on DK Jr.

He was in Mario Tennis 64 as a secret character. That was 2000. He was also the poster boy the e-Reader, which was 2003. DK Jr. is still prominently featured as one of Nintendo's "classics." The NES game appeared in Animal Crossing, and his game was remade twice for the Game and Watch Gallery Series (and the GnW version of DK Jr. was rereleased a few years ago as well).

DK Jr. regularly appears on the player "cards" in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and was only recently replaced with Diddy because Nintendo had now acquired full use of the character.

Nintendo rewrote the DK continuum. Believe what you may, but DK Jr. is now a separate character once again. They completely dismissed what Rare had established.

DK Jr. appears as a trophy in Melee. It doesn't matter that Diddy didn't. What matters is that Jr. did.

Look... DK Jr. may not be an earth-shattering addition to the game, but he hasn't been forgotten. Even 10 year olds I'm sure know who he is. So don't dismiss the character completely. You can have your cake, and eat it too. Hell, Sakurai will give us Diddy. No doubt about that. But he'll likely give us Jr. too, because he is that big a nostalgia nut, and Jr. is that fondly remembered of a character.

Now, as for the characters being held since the 64 days: yes, that is true. Sakurai wanted Sigurd, Pit, Wario, Meta Knight, Peach, Bowser, Zelda, and some old school rep since the old days of N64. We got four of those in Melee, three so far in Brawl... what's left?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FlipTroopa said:
Okay, let me say a few things that might set some of you straight on DK Jr.

He was in Mario Tennis 64 as a secret character. That was 2000. He was also the poster boy the e-Reader, which was 2003. DK Jr. is still prominently featured as one of Nintendo's "classics." The NES game appeared in Animal Crossing, and his game was remade twice for the Game and Watch Gallery Series (and the GnW version of DK Jr. was rereleased a few years ago as well).

DK Jr. regularly appears on the player "cards" in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and was only recently replaced with Diddy because Nintendo had now acquired full use of the character.

Nintendo rewrote the DK continuum. Believe what you may, but DK Jr. is now a separate character once again. They completely dismissed what Rare had established.

DK Jr. appears as a trophy in Melee. It doesn't matter that Diddy didn't. What matters is that Jr. did.

Look... DK Jr. may not be an earth-shattering addition to the game, but he hasn't been forgotten. Even 10 year olds I'm sure know who he is. So don't dismiss the character completely. You can have your cake, and eat it too. Hell, Sakurai will give us Diddy. No doubt about that. But he'll likely give us Jr. too, because he is that big a nostalgia nut, and Jr. is that fondly remembered of a character.

Now, as for the characters being held since the 64 days: yes, that is true. Sakurai wanted Sigurd, Pit, Wario, Meta Knight, Peach, Bowser, Zelda, and some old school rep since the old days of N64. We got four of those in Melee, three so far in Brawl... what's left?
my 10 year old neighbour is stumped I asked him who DK jr was and he started talking about Donkey Kong. Nintendo Sucks at the moment they took what Rare had made (A wonderful series) and then changed it and ***** it now DK jr is a seperate character because nintendo like to make crappy games and changes (Mario Sunshine, Wind waker, Jungle Beat) I'm pissed at them, I hope DK jr doesn't get in before Dixie because he would be a clone.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong JR. is a classic, not garbage. Get over it already, xianfeng. You don't care much about most other Donkey Kong titles like Donkey Kong Land 1-3, Donkey Kong 94', nor even Donkey Kong 3 (with Stanley the Bugman).

And speaking of Rareware and Diddy Kong, remember Diddy Kong Racing? I believe Rareware owns most of the rights to it, because there is more than one Rareware character starred in it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
parrothead said:
Donkey Kong JR. is a classic, not garbage. Get over it already, xianfeng. You don't care much about most other Donkey Kong titles like Donkey Kong Land 1-3, Donkey Kong 94', nor even Donkey Kong 3 (with Stanley the Bugman).

And speaking of Rareware and Diddy Kong, remember Diddy Kong Racing? I believe Rareware owns most of the rights to it, because there is more than one Rareware character starred in it.
the characters like Bnjo, Conker and Tiptup are Rare but Tricky and Diddy are owned by Nintendo so is the game. Donkey Kong Jr was a boring game so was Donkey Kong 3, DOnkey Kong Land the gameboy games were fun because they were like DKC but Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Donkey Kong 3 and Jungle beat were boring because they had no storyline or interesting characters

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
the characters like Bnjo, Conker and Tiptup are Rare but Tricky and Diddy are owned by Nintendo so is the game. Donkey Kong Jr was a boring game so was Donkey Kong 3, DOnkey Kong Land the gameboy games were fun because they were like DKC but Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Donkey Kong 3 and Jungle beat were boring because they had no storyline or interesting characters
It's obvious you're anti- DK JR and Pro- Diddy.

why do you continue to waste your life on this thread?

Shark X

Smash Lord
I'd have to say I disagree with you on this one xianfeng (wow, hasn't happened in while has it?). Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Jr were great games. You say Donkey Kong had uninteresting characters? Why? You think DK and Super Mario are super boreing or something?

Donkey Kong 3 was a boreing one though.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
I'd have to say I disagree with you on this one xianfeng (wow, hasn't happened in while has it?). Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Jr were great games. You say Donkey Kong had uninteresting characters? Why? You think DK and Super Mario are super boreing or something?

Donkey Kong 3 was a boreing one though.
the original jumpman was boring and the original Donkey kong were boring but they evolved into something original

Top Bottom