• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 2 Results - 4/17

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, sponge tier climbers is too legit. Main them from now on for sure.

(quotes are disagreeing with edits so copy paste will have to do)

@ Quik's comment of "7: Sago016 - you'll get your revenge soon!"

Don't get too cocky, starfox!

@ Wafles's comment of "9: Dietz - wtf you got 9th? i'm suprised at this"

What the heck!? NO WAY! I don't believe it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Y6brmBOfA

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Bleh I should have placed higher this tournament. ****ing fatboy lol. Anyways, shoutouts:

1: Goblox, the turkey thats destined to lead the rebellion against massive chickens ($216.00): Yeah let's do a MK ditto set or something, you said you're really good at it and I need the practice. If not then let's do Ganon vs whatever :p

2: Arty ($108.00): My shades are cooler than yours :p

3: Kain ($36.00): I'm coming for you next time son. And I'll suicide at 110% instead of 0% next time

4: Akashi: Very nice 4th, good job beating Quik

5: 7F0: Great placing... beat my Ganon next time though XD

5: Quik: Hehe thanks... I'll beat Fatboy next time though :p

7: Wafles: Fun friendlies, nice placement for being sick

7: Sago016: Dammit marshall, you're the last person I wanted to fight in MK dittos... I gotta get better at the MU

9: Dietz: Nice ninth, good job wrecking fatboy

9: BoX7: Finish that avatar son!!! I'm getting way too excited

9: Ook: Didn't get to fight you, though hopefully next time we fight, those 7 or 8 hours we friendlied at Kirk's house gave me enough practice to beat you in a vBrawl tourney set for the first time :p

9: Kirk: I really like this venue, try to keep it as long as possible :p Thanks for running the tournament, and thanks for keeping us company in the car with the cell phone

13: GenoSamus: I was impressed by your Samus, you've got some crazy tricksies. I hate the Samus vs Ganon matchup so I'll have to go MK if we fight in tournament XD

13: Kappy: Your kirby is good against MKs, it will be close if we fight in tournament, no matter who I pick

13: Scythe: My shades are cooler than yours too :p only by a little bit though

13: DLA: :metaknight: :(

17: TWSS: Nice job with G&W, our games were pretty close

17: Zwarm: Back to ROB eh? Good stuff, I hate DDD

17: Meneil: Good stuff... didn't see too much of you at the tournament though :(

17: Sago010: You let Tano beat you! He's as bad at snake as I am at Mortal Kombat! I should have camped with fireballs lol

17: Metroid: Nice job adapting to my Ganon in B+... gotcha back in Vbrawl though (stupid metaknight :( )

25: Koose: Fun MK ditto

25: Sponge: which high tier? are you going to be my bat-buddy? <3 (no homo)

25: JJRockets: Yikes how'd this happen? You'll do better next time

ThatsWhatSheSaid

Smash Apprentice
Ok, first of all, I've been to a significant amount of tournies with you list-makers? Why the heck are you unsure of who I play? GAME. AND. WATCH. XD

Ok shoutouts...though I didn't see much of you guys since I was making sure my friend wasn't bored the whole time.

1: Goblox, the turkey thats destined to lead the rebellion against massive chickens ($216.00) Have we even talked yet? I know for a fact we've been to at least 3 tournies together...

2: Arty ($108.00) *waves back*

4: Akashi Great job on 4th, and nice seeing you!

5: 7F0 Holy crap I think I like vBrawl again from that Frigate match. Good stuff man!

5: Quik Sure we can play. You'll destroy me every round, but we can play.

7: Sago016 I'm pretty sure this is Fatboy. I want a Minus rematch. I'm waaaay better than that.

9: Ook I love you.

9: Kirk Great tournament! Venue is so awesome!

13: Kappy ****in Sheik, ****in needles, ****in Kirby, ****in johns

13: Scythe GO DIEGO GO

13: DLA Trust me. You don't have to go MK against me. I don't think I've ever beaten your Ganon XD

17: TWSS stop sucking

17: Zwarm I'm not getting last in Brawl- again. I swear ROB- has to be like 55:45 with Sheik-. I wouldve been so pissed if I had to fight you AND Klappy.

17: Meneil: Always nice seeing you!

Dajayman: No I won't play DDR with you.

Blind and Oro-: Nice job with co-hosting the tourney. The whole thing was a blast.

I don't think I missed anyone else. Sorry if I did.

EDIT: Oh right. Sothe. I saw you.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
1: Goblox, the turkey thats destined to lead the rebellion against massive chickens ($216.00) - Nice matches, glad I finally got to play you. I won't suicide next time lol
2: Arty ($108.00) - I gotta play you next time :(
3: Kain ($36.00) - Your wolf is too good
4: Akashi - GGs in the MM! Send me the link when you get it uploaded please
5: 7F0 - Didn't get to play :(
5: Quik - GGs, fun matches as always
7: Wafles - Didn't get to play :(
7: Sago016 - Didn't get to play :(
9: Dietz - Weegee is too good!
9: BoX7 - Didn't get to play :(
9: Ook - Didn't get to play :(
9: Kirk - Didn't get to play :(
13: GenoSamus - Wow, your Samus is incredible. Fun matches, I loved all the spikes lol
13: Kappy - Didn't get to play :(
13: Scythe - I think we played some friendlies, don't really remember. GGs if we did XD
13: DLA - GG in our one friendly. Don't be ashamed of playing MK lol, do what you gotta do to win
17: TWSS - Didn't get to play :(
17: SamSun - You suck.
17: Zwarm - Didn't get to play :(
17: Meneil - Didn't get to play :(
17: Xuazi - Don't recognize the tag, but maybe we played?
17: Sago010 - Didn't get to play :(
17: Foodies - Don't recognize the tag, but I know we played. Who were you?
17: Metroid - Ike too good. That comeback game 3 was amazing, wish we could've recorded the rest of that set, and fun friendlies too!
25: Gaius - Didn't get to play :(
25: Mendoza - GGs
25: Odcrw - Didn't get to play :(?
25: Koose - Didn't get to play :(
25: Chaos - Didn't get to play :(?
25: Bluigi - Didn't get to play :(?
25: Sponge - Didn't get to play :(
25: JJRockets - Me
33: PJ - You suck.
33: Noz - Didn't get to play :(?
33: Al Cheeto - GGs, you can do better next time
33: Holy Twap! - You suck, but GGs.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
1: Goblox, the turkey thats destined to lead the rebellion against massive chickens ($216.00)- <3 that one combo was ****. Wario is so good in dubs. Team again next one?
2: Arty ($108.00)- too good lol. matches go back n forth too much. ill prolly jus take 30 free dmg from now on n try not to b so anxious. GGs
3: Kain ($36.00)- lrn to tech spike
4: Akashi- im sorry T_T. you did really good tho this time. it was prolly all the warios u had to face that made u rusty in the MU lol. GGs tho, next time
5: 7F0- fail...u failed...u were sposed to win so u cud CG me wtf? lol good **** u did real good this tourny. always cool seeing u again
5: Quik- its jus so many warios in the MW lol so much MU exp while im like the only wolf u ever face. ggs tho and good stuff in dubs u n Ook were pretty crazy to watch lol
7: Wafles- yea falco vs wolf is gay lol...ggs
7: Sago016- i was ready to face u then i was like whaaaaaa....lol. Good stuff in dubs u and Grimace have so much chemistry its crazy.
9: Dietz- such a sexy placing lol. im still thinkin about quitting. depends on how much i get gayed at a tourny that makes me quit lol. GGs
9: BoX7- so close with Arty. after u whiffed that upsmash i knew it was over lol...real good stuff jus pick up someone for MK and ull b good. Nice job in dubs too with 7FO
9: Ook- u know pictochat way too good....u have to practice on it lol..good stuff with Quik in dubs
9: Kirk- Oli looks horrible for Ike lol
13: GenoSamus- nice seeing u. friendlies next time
13: Kappy- fun friendlies and MM. ur starting to dair gimp me @_@
13: Scythe- cool talkin with u. DDD is gay u know wut i mean lol
13: DLA- Wud of been game 3 if u wudnt have SD lol. Your MK is pretty legit keep working on it. Then jus pull Ganon out when its a good MU for him....if he has any XD. GGs
17: TWSS-
17: SamSun
17: Zwarm- Ewwwww DDD!!! lol ggs u shud prolly stick with Pika against me u did the best with him. Dmb rat lol. Fun dubs set too
17: Meneil- You'll do better next one. DDD is jus gay...wanted to get that friendly in but i was like O_O when that guy MMed me for 5$ XD
17: Xuazi- fun friendlies
17: Sago010- ull get em next time. GG's in dubs. Your DI is ridiculous
17: Foodies- fun friendly
17: Metroid
25: Gaius
25: Mendoza- fun friendly
25: Odcrw
25: Koose
25: Chaos
25: Bluigi
25: Sponge- GGs in dubs
25: JJRockets- fun friendlies. I hate IC's lol
33: PJ
33: Noz
33: Al Cheeto
33: Holy Twap!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Kain, how dare you defy Wolf and do good in teams with him. Shame shame. Just kiddin. LOL. Too good.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
It's cool, and yeah I could tell. You have a very soft voice, so it was hard to hear you like 90% of the time. I think I asked your name like... 10 times at least? lmao, I personally prefer RNG (or RANGER) over Foodies XD. I think I may start calling you that. We'll play friendlies next time, or you and Brian can come over to Meneil and my place in Chicago.
Haha, I think I would prefer RNG over RANGER. Or even just Deb(orah). And yay :)

17: Foodies - Don't recognize the tag, but I know we played. Who were you?
I was the Marth that used the tag RNG.

Which stands for random number generator (related to Fire Emblem) and not RANGER loool.

Akashi

Smash Lord
That's what she said.

Also lol at all the DDD is gay and Wario- is broken comments!
ggs to everyone i played!!!
DDD is, imo, the gayest non-broken character in the game... right next to ROB. He's so linear, and you know exactly what he's going to do but there's not a lot to stop it if the player is smart. :p

MagicJosh

Smash Apprentice
DDD is, imo, the gayest non-broken character in the game... right next to ROB. He's so linear, and you know exactly what he's going to do but there's not a lot to stop it if the player is smart. :p
i high fived myself out of dignity after reading that :lick:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yay for me only playing linear characters! I need to go Pikachu more, I guess. :urg:

Akashi

Smash Lord
Lol, I don't mean to say linear as in a bad thing though. There's characters like Snake that can completely switch its metagame on the fly or in one favor (look at Grimace and Me ie, complete offense vs. complete defense), and there's characters like G&W who HAVE to be played a certain way to be effective. I'm not talking like how Falco has to play gay to win anything... because that's a matter of approaching vs. not approaching (something Falco doesn't have to do in most matches). D3, ROB, G&W, and other linear characters have their bread and butter moves that make them, and they have to rely on it to win. It's not a bad thing, but I can see why some people don't like the repetition while vsing them.

Stick to ROB/D3 Zwarm ;P. Maybe pick up a secondary for MK, idk.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm actually thinking about giving Falco another shot for MK. I do still want to play Pikachu though, he covers ROB/D3's bad matchup's like Falco and D3. Yea, D3 is a bad matchup for himself, lol.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, I don't mean to say linear as in a bad thing though. There's characters like Snake that can completely switch its metagame on the fly or in one favor (look at Grimace and Me ie, complete offense vs. complete defense), and there's characters like G&W who HAVE to be played a certain way to be effective. I'm not talking like how Falco has to play gay to win anything... because that's a matter of approaching vs. not approaching (something Falco doesn't have to do in most matches). D3, ROB, G&W, and other linear characters have their bread and butter moves that make them, and they have to rely on it to win. It's not a bad thing, but I can see why some people don't like the repetition while vsing them.
Lrn 2 MagicJosh.

i high fived myself out of dignity after reading that :lick:
I'll bet you did. I lol'd before I even got to your post about it.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Haha, I think I would prefer RNG over RANGER. Or even just Deb(orah). And yay :)

I was the Marth that used the tag RNG.

Which stands for random number generator (related to Fire Emblem) and not RANGER loool.
Oh yes, I remember! We played some really good matches! GGs!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Pikachu is broken! Have you seen that upsmash in Melee? I really can't say that about any low/bottom tier in Brawl... maybe one or 2 mid tiers though.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
melee and brawl have the same character balance, just way different skill curves.

also, balance doesn't necessarily make a game fun.

so stop worrying about balance imo

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I kinda ran off after this tournament guys, I should have more time for friendlies and whatnot next time! Next time I should be able to stick around for longer, I wish I was there to see Akashi get to 4th!

1: Goblox, the turkey thats destined to lead the rebellion against massive chickens - don't worry, with a name like that, you could be no one else but Hunger; no one will be confused!

2: Arty - next time I want a Random MM with you! =)

3: Kain - it's alright, I enjoyed watching your wolf ditto MM. ^^

4: Akashi - whoot! wtg getting 4th! congratulations! Next time I'll be there to cheer you on.

5: Quik - :D

7: Wafles - ggs, I'll work on learning to DI properly and meteor cancel more consistently.

7: Sago016 - lol nice name, you're repping Sago in spirit ;P

9: BoX7 - x_x;

9: Ook - ooooook =)

9: Kirk - thanks for hosting the tournament!

13: GenoSamus - ggs, hopefully see you around at DePaul!

13: Kappy - wtg getting 13th!

13: Scythe - ggs, next time I'll cp a better stage and just expect DDD -_-

13: DLA - You should check out the sombero song, it reminds me of you ;P

17: TWSS - nice seeing you again!
17: Zwarm - I like your ROB more personally.

17: Sago010 - o.o

17: Foodies - gg, let's play more than one next time! I got so excited when I thought you were Ranger. ^^; But yeah like Akashi said, you and Metroid should come to Chicago and chill with us for a while, we're right off the red line.

17: Metroid - sorry for running off on you, next time we'll settle our friendly score. We're currently 2-2, yes I've been keeping track ;P our next set of friendlies shall be the tiebreaker! lol but seriously now, nice seeing you again. And like I said to RNG, you're both welcome to come and hang out sometime.

25: Koose - ggs!

25: JJRockets - we should play some friendlies next time, good to see you again though. ^^

Blind - thanks for hosting the tournament! It was a lot of fun!

Sothe - I wasn't running away, just wasn't feeling so good after my bracket matches, sorry. ;P But next time, we'll MM to decide who gets to keep your deck of cards. If you win I'll even throw in my KH set of cards. Sorry I never returned your deck though <.<

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Cool this was like my 2nd tournament and.. lets try these shout outs! By the way I am "Xuazier/Xuazi"

Goblox/Hunger - the Wario player O.O nice talking with ya dude, never knew you were going to get first!
Kain - Thanks for the friendlies, wanted a rematch and I didn't get owned this tine around! (rematch from 2 winthrop tournies/febuary)
Quaz - You read me so well! I was trying to kill you.. I'll have to be more patient next time, good fight!
Akashi - I don't remember possibly! I didn't get many peoples names and I don't think everyone knows me yet :D I'm new
Grimace - always fun playing you :O even in melee lol

Kirk/Blind - Thx for hosting tourney AND answering my questions, you guys are awesome! :D I'll try and make the next one as well!

Everyone else - If I friendlied you (i probably do not know ur name or don't remember) thanks for the matches!

Quaz

Smash Master
Tension you aren't mistaking me for anyone else are you? I dont think I remember playing you and plus I didn't touch any vbrawl. (I played in the brawl+ tourney and everything else I did was melee).

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Tension you aren't mistaking me for anyone else are you? I dont think I remember playing you and plus I didn't touch any vbrawl. (I played in the brawl+ tourney and everything else I did was melee).

quik* T__T

Top Bottom