• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 5 - Northbrook, IL - 7/17/10 - Brawl, Brawl+, Brawl-!!

Quik17

Smash Ace
there is a payout for the second 5th..i just put it as a 6th placer because the two 5th placers would be playing a consolation match

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I'm most likely coming to this with Lain, Tutu, L, and Tech. (I think that's how our car looks) :)

Not 100 percent, but I'm pretty sure.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

(Btw, who wants to team? I can afford 5 bucks. lol)

lain

Smash Master
ughh please don't change the payout like the day before the tourney.

also, can anyone house us for friday night? KIRKKK?!

also also, i promise i won't hold the tourney up like last time (not entering all the events ;] )

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Michigan wuvs you please hook our car up with some housing. <3

Omg I'm gonna die here at work..smashfests until 7 am takes a toll on a man D:

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I could house you guys Friday night, but Saturday morning you'd get the boot since I have work in the morning.

Lol, I just remembered today's Friday. Yeah, I could house you all tonight but I got work in the morning at 11:00 am.

ZTD | TECHnology

That would be cool if we could get that housing. Although that would suck that wed be wandering around Chi-Town for like 6 + hours lol. If we could kick it with someone during the day until the tournament that'd be sweet. Let us know. We appreciate any offer though.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
ughh please don't change the payout like the day before the tourney.

also, can anyone house us for friday night? KIRKKK?!

also also, i promise i won't hold the tourney up like last time (not entering all the events ;] )
Sowwy, the majority likes it being changed, but there are certain guidelines. Top 5 payout will only happen IF, there are 20+ entrants in any event (20 teams for teams events), and the payout scale will be altered from
60/30/10
to
46/24/12/8/5/5

Since this requires 20 entrants, this payout system will most likely only affect singles events, and all doubles events will most likely stay intact at 60/30/10.

Kirk gets off of work at 4, and is going to figure out if he can house you.

You can enter all the events, but you are going to have to switch bewteen games a lot to play higher priority matches, none of the I'm going to finish Brawl, then play Brawl+/- ****. Other than that yeah... (it's not like there is any place to smoke around nickel city besides in your car anyways...:laugh:)

ZTD | TECHnology

If Lain is busy I will relay the message to everyone about the housing situation. Right now I just want to sleep since we had a pre tourney smashfest at my place that went on till 7. A few people may even still be asleep lol I'm only up because I had to work. But we appreciate the hospitality.

Hmm I think I may do doubles. I wasn't planning on it befrlore but might as well. How late do these tournaments usually run to if they start at 5?

Arty

Smash Lord
Brawl usually finishes at like 1AM. Brawl Minus however lasts a little longer, so if you MI guys want to get out early then don't enter minus :p

ZTD | TECHnology

Brawl usually finishes at like 1AM however. Brawl Minus however lasts a little longer, so if you MI guys want to get out early then don't enter minus :p
Well we're all nocturnal anyway so no worries there. I just wanted to know so I can know what to expect since this would be considerably different from our tournaments. :o

Any word from Kirk on the housing situation?

colddegree

Smash Cadet
this is gonna be my first offline tourney >_< im nervous
btw im probably not gonna be able to stay the entire tourney since the last train back to the city is at around 11, well i dont think it matters since im probably gonna get eliminated early on lolol

_Kain_

Smash Champion
wud someone at least b able to bring me back into the city if i came?

Kel

Smash Master
I'm most likely coming to this with Lain, Tutu, L, and Tech. (I think that's how our car looks) :)

Not 100 percent, but I'm pretty sure.

Go to the KY tournament! Lain will oversleep and keep you from making it to the tournament on time anyway.... or something like that =P

Phobia731

Smash Rookie
Coming, need partner for doubles

I'm coming with Fade and Sago, and I require a doubles partner. :bee:

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Anyone from WI going to this? I wanna tag along (I have absolutely nothing to do today). I'm hella broke though (like negro broke). So I just wanna come out and support.

If anyone can swing through, lemme know.

12627053674 (if u text me, be sure to include your name/screen name). Oro we can play more GG at this too, if I am able to make it.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I haven't heard anything from anyone yet. :(

Oro: I don't have CS ATM. So GG sill have to do. It's a better game anyways. :)

GG > BB period.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
<3 Webster. I pretty much have only been practicing BB CS as opposed to GG, especially after hearing EVO isn't running GG anymore. Carpool to EVO 2011 Web?

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
there better be live updates for this

i was advised not to go in case of surgery complications :<

GL TUTU, **** SOME NEWBS W/ THIS ***** -> :shiek:

ZTD | TECHnology

Michigan is taking all of the money. Not because we just want to but because we got 3 stocked by the toll booths and need to make up for it LOL

We be chilling at Vro's right now.

*2 hours before tournament hype*

Top Bottom