• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink, Don't Care 2 -- Free Drinks! -- Free Side Tournament!

Which side tournament do you want?

• Mario Party 2

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Super Monkey Ball 2

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Pokemon Puzzle League!!!

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

hunger!

Smash Champion
... they said wisconsin sucks.
wisconsin does suck

edit:but wi won your last tourney. OhHHHOOooHhHoOhOHOHHH OH.

edit 2: G, your sig's outta date boy.

joking of course. arguing about teams money is ********. its arty's tourney. let him decide, even though my reasoning is legit. was just a suggestion, suckas.

Arty

Smash Lord
Most people come to tourneys for singles and they get much more for their money with pools and such. Doubles for local tourneys like this is great at $5 bc everyone enters and we get 10-15 teams. If we did $10, there would for sure be a big drop in entrants. At least 4 people said that they would not have entered last tourney if teams were $10. Look at Smashing Grounds. They kept staying with $10 teams, and doubles is pretty much dead there but they still get 20-30 for singles.

If this becomes a regional and we expect like 50+ entrants, then yah doubles being $10 makes a lot of sense.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
TL;DR

nobody except wisconsin and me likes doubles more than singles. So they don't like 10$ because everyone be poor.
i love teams, why do you think i always stuck with snake in teams when i switched to other chars in singles? singles is just retardeddddd

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I hate Wisconsin, I'm surprised that most of you WI smashers turned out as well as you did.

Way to overcome the adversity guys, I'm proud of you

edit: I need a teammate for this I think

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I dont even know what thread I'm in. All I know is, I saw DLA make a post, clicked on the post and said wut up.

Yo Zwarm, wut up?!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
It feels good when your vote actually matters. **** politics Super Monkey Ball 2 ALL DAY!!

Arty

Smash Lord
Mario Party is pretty random so I guess that would be fun! I don't remember any of the super monkeyball games though lol

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Please no, Mario Party 2 minigames are legit skill based for most of them. Just don't suck. I want to want to come to this, and Monkey Ball just aint doin it.

Scythe

Smash Master
Mario Party is pretty random so I guess that would be fun! I don't remember any of the super monkeyball games though lol
your memory must be bad because we played like a month ago lol

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I should be able to come. I'm PRETTY sure.

MARIO PARTY 2 GUYS!! COME ON! No contest...
I can't throw in money for helping people get here; I need to try and win some $MMs at this one as opposed to last one where I lost EVERY SINGLE one that I played.

OKAY, $MM list:

$10 with Kappy (3 of 5?)

Arty, can I have another "fight for the legitimacy of johns"-Match?

Sago

Smash Lord
Its not about winning doubles to make the money, as so many people like to point out. Its knowing that you just threw down, what is for some of us a decent amount of cash, and using that as incentive to do just alittle better then last time. I dont even feel like trying in 5$ teams.

what happened to the spirit of competition.

p.s. if you spent half a second in wisconsin...not at a smash tournament. i think you would find it just a beautiful a place as i do.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Its not about winning doubles to make the money, as so many people like to point out. Its knowing that you just threw down, what is for some of us a decent amount of cash, and using that as incentive to do just alittle better then last time. I dont even feel like trying in 5$ teams.

what happened to the spirit of competition.

p.s. if you spent half a second in wisconsin...not at a smash tournament. i think you would find it just a beautiful a place as i do.
Wisconsin da beautiful

Zwarm

Smash Hero
**** all these side tournament ideas. The side tournament should be Melee FFA's with items on. All stages. So hype.

Or Melee Falcon only FFAs.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Hypocrisy**, dood.

I agree with sago's LAST statement: "what happened to the spirit of competition?"
I gave up so much money $MM-ing all of you guys and would gladly do it again... If I weren't worrying about how I'm gonna pay for anything in the near future.

The $MMs were fun and intense. That's the point of them.

Still accepting $MMs

Kappy for $10 (3/5)

Arty

Smash Lord
You're on Eagle for that 'johns' MM lol

And to the people I drive, I won't be able to take any of you to the tourney. I have work in the morning that Sat and I'm going straight to CoD after. You're gonna have to get in contact with Sago or maybe Andrew since he's going.

Top Bottom