• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! - Northbrook, IL - 3/13/10 - Brawl, Brawl+, and Brawl- !!

Kirk

Smash Champion
So, methinks the entry fee for Brawl Singles will be raised to $10, due to popular demand. The rest of the entry fees will remain the same.

And thank you in advance to everyone who brings a setup. We most certainly could use them!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I'm sad because I can't go to this. ;_;

LOL! A Spearow tried to peck my Geodude in Pokemon Crystal!!! What an idiot!!! XD XD

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Me and 3 other guys are going. We have two setups but one disc is messed up. You can't play kirby, ganon, bowser, or ike on it. Should we still bring it?
IMO, no, since quite a few people play the bolded characters in MW. I would still bring the TV for the reduced venue fee, though.

Anyways, wish I could go to this, but I work at 6:15 on Sunday, and the last time I went to a Saturday IL tournament while working the next day, I got 3 hours of sleep and still woke up late for work. **** sucked.

*edit* WarioWare? Luigi's Bansion? wat. Though, I am loving the Norfair and Japes. Hopefully I can come to the next one.

Dajayman

I spend about 5% of my day fapping to your I-No avatar, 5% sleeping/eating/doing basic hygenic stuff, 5% playing StarCraft, and 85% fapping to Bridget hentai.

I know ook needs me!!! But I has no moneysss!!! DX

Dajayman

Ook's going to win this, DK is too good now since he can barrel spam. OOK HYPE!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!

Blinds

Smash Cadet
We have the venue starting at 6. So if you want to enter Brawl Doubles, Brawl+ singles, or just hang out and do random friendlies, come then.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Added clarification:

Brawl Singles entry fee will be raised to $10. All other entry fees will remain unchanged. Thank you everyone for voting!

Dajayman

Blind says the earliest you can come for friendlies is 6:00. The tournament signups probably start at 7:00.
Jeez Arty, learn to read.

Kirk

Smash Champion
The venue OPENS to us at 6. We will be taking signups starting at that time, and then the bracket starts at 7. If we get everyone here earlier, then perhaps we can start earlier.

hunger!

Smash Champion
just me and marsh.

(maybe southern WI people might go? i have no clue)

kirk. if it's all foggy n **** when the tourney ends. im stayin at your house whether you like it or not.

Dajayman

Box and Arty better be using that Mario Luigi team. I want to see some of that shoryuken/cape shenanigans happening, it seems everyone forgot that cool technique... ;_;

Dajayman

That's so his name. He knows it. XD'
You disappoint me Arty. How could you pass up the opportunity for Team Mario Bros.? DX

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Good luck tomorrow everyone. Predictions
VBrawl dubs
1)Hunger/Fatboy
2)Arty/Bo
3)you dont matter
Brawl singles
1)no one cares
B+
1)whoever takes out Arty and I have to give $5 to
2)Arty
3)Ook because he is amazing
B-
1)Kirk if he doesn't sandbag
2)Kappy
3)Arty

Edit: I posted this at 3:33 AM so I am right!

Dajayman

My predictions

vBrawl dubz:
1) ook (he's teaming with himself, he beasts 2v1s)

vBrawl singles:
1) ook

B+
1) ook

B-
1) ook (BARREL SPAMMMM!!!)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sadly that's why Ook has to get 2nd or 3rd in everything. If only you could go Jared :(

Plus Ook would win if he teamed with a lvl9 computer or someone with a C name so that the team name could be Cook.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I dunno about those vBrawl dubs predictions. Team Puffendorf is gonna wreck everyone!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Some last minute info!

The owner finally got back to me...we can start showing up and setting up at 5:00pm.

So...yeah, last minute, lol.

5 it is! We just have to be respectful of the other people using the room at the time. (They get out at 6:30, then we have the ENTIRE room to ourselves).

Dajayman

Good luck ook! I'll be cheering for you back from home. Maybe you can possibly hear me from the venue. XD

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!

Kirk

Smash Champion
BIG thank you to EVERYONE who brought a setup! I believe we had about ELEVEN total...amazingness ensued. I'm very glad that we were able to finish ALL FOUR TOURNAMENTS in the six hour time period we had!

Thank you to everyone who came. I hope you all had a good time. I do believe this will turn out to be a monthly series...so I will work on getting the next date finalized. I'll also put up a results thread sometime tomorrow if I can.

Quick Results:

Brawl Doubles:

1. Toon Squad(Basil and Marshall)
2. BoBArty(BoX7 and Arty)
3. Nom Nom Nom FSMASH!!(Kirk and Quik)

Brawl Singles:

1. Basil Lipka(Split)
1. Quik(Split)
3. Marshall

Brawl+ Singles:

1. Arty
2. Scythe