• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DON'T rate my Ice Climbers (jk)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Your medicore-good, Tips I can think of for you are: Space yourself alittle better, Use more effective moves at better times. I mean you don't suck, but keep trying

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, but which moves help spacing? I can think of the blizzard and dtilt, but what else?

I know I killed myself, and so did she.

Rykard

Smash Ace
it seems like you have a good grasp on alternate throws. you just need to be mroe creative in how you land your grabs. desynch and have 1 climber attack and have the other grab or something like that. the pressure can throw an opponent off and make them do something they will regret doing.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
I don't have many people who play me because they are ALL casual except that Wario and they think it's cheap to use CG. I pretty much only fight Wario's and Kirby's for practice. My community is flawed, yet I refuse to play IC's online.

the only problem for desyncing to me is how to do in a battle. What are some easy, on-the fly desyncs?

B0NK

Smash Lord
One thing I saw that would have been a great weapon against this Wario is a simple shield grab. It would have made it a lot easier to get the grabs. Other than that its just experience and practice to figure out what moves to use at what times. Desychs help a lot to land grabs but Wario doesn't really have a projectile so he will have to come to you. If he is good at spacing his aerials blizzard is a great way to stop your opponents in their tracks and follow up.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I'd like to face you someday. My Ice Climbers are quite good...better offline though. (most Ice Climbers are anyways).

LinkinParkmetre

Smash Cadet
SO cute to tell me parkmetre
Just name me Linkin, it's better xD

IF you were talking to me, i'm ok too ;)

Online, chains grabs are very hard, but in a way, we can see how much you could be better offline. It's the biggest difficulty

Miller

Smash Lord
Sorry, but they were that great :(

The wario was quite bad aswell.

Some tips would be to know what moves to use at the right time, which really comes from experience
Be more defensive
Also get a bit of a better grasp on CGs, it looked as if you were having a hard time completing them.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Ok....to do list....

1. learn better spacing
2. Don't get nervous during CG's, (I've done a 0%-death before, but just get nervous during battle)
3. Shieldgrab more
4. LEARN to shield and spot-dodge (my own observation)
5. ...Camp more?

Me and that Wario just started getting into the competitive scene, and we usually are our only opponents.

Thanks Miller, no matter how blunt constructive criticism is, it helps. Really opened our eyes right there.

Miller

Smash Lord
Man, I'm sorry I was that blunt, but I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way :)

Also, Working on your nerves would help a lot, like during friendlies, I have no troubles getting CG's off, But in a tournament match, that's where it gets hard, when everyone is watching you

LinkinParkmetre

Smash Cadet
Man, the b forward of IC is very strong, use it more often, then jump with an u air.
When you're on the defensive, tap, then b down, very usefull. You can approach in this way to

Try to play more often onto the air, IC's got awesome are attacks, and they are two, one who missed, other which succeed.
Don't focus your play on chain grabs, try to finish him with an u-smash every time you can, it's less pretty, but very efficient. Popo>Nana, but nana can still charge the u smash :D

Good luck. And say to the wario that he has got more than the f smash

Miller

Smash Lord
Man, the b forward of IC is very strong, use it more often, then jump with an u air.
When you're on the defensive, tap, then b down, very usefull. You can approach in this way to

Try to play more often onto the air, IC's got awesome are attacks, and they are two, one who missed, other which succeed.
Don't focus your play on chain grabs, try to finish him with an u-smash every time you can, it's less pretty, but very efficient. Popo>Nana, but nana can still charge the u smash :D

You do realize that I could barely understand a word you said.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman

I don't think the air is a good idea. It's awkward up their, so I only use uair for juggling, fair to kill, and nair for spacing.

The Wario is sad now. haha.

LinkinParkmetre

Smash Cadet
Doing it again, if you didn't understand ....

Man, the b forward (super tornado) of IC (ice climbers xD) is very strong (35%) , use it more often, then jump (x or y) and continue with an up air (their hammer on their head).
When you're on the defensive (when he's being attacked), tap (small jump), then b down (freezer), it's very usefull (a lot of damages, and if IC are desynch, you can grab). You can approach in this way too

Is this allright? i thought that you could understand.

By air attack, i meant forward a, and reverse aba

Miller

Smash Lord
Doing it again, if you didn't understand ....

Man, the b forward (super tornado) of IC (ice climbers xD) is very strong (35%) , use it more often, then jump (x or y) and continue with an up air (their hammer on their head).
When you're on the defensive (when he's being attacked), tap (small jump), then b down (freezer), it's very usefull (a lot of damages, and if IC are desynch, you can grab). You can approach in this way too

Is this allright? i thought that you could understand.

By air attack, i meant forward a, and reverse aba
Still that was unreadable and also, you dont even know what your talking about

Top Bottom