• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do's and Dont's when playing as falco.

JordPWN

Smash Cadet
This thread needs a more apt name.

Also, if you would X0913, a closing statement and synopsis in the first post. It'll help clean things up. Just copy and paste if need be, but it'll help out a lot of people if they know what went wrong, and what was done right in a clear, concise format. I.E. Players (Both name and opponent's character) , Link to the Match, Match Length, followed by the consensus on the match. Much appreciated :3

BEES

Smash Lord
-Don't FF Dair off the edge
-Don't Firebird on the stage in a non-horizontal direction
-Don't use Fair ever for any reason
-Don't not fastfall every aerial above the stage
-Don't use the laser on the stage* except for gimping or laserlocking
-Don't use the reflector on the stage

oh wait that's not what this thread is about anymore

Rayo1

Smash Cadet
i noticed zod u didnt chaingrab to spike much.Also u didnt chase the bowser when there were plenty of opportunities.Overall i think u could've won the match.

ZodXx

Smash Cadet
since that video was a month ago i have worked out some problems. like what you said rayo, i didnt chain grab to spike but ive been practising alot with that. i need some help with combos nd spacing

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
at 0:25 you should've used DLX cancel. At 0:40 you learned your lesson by phantasming to the ledge (compared to before where you ate his dsmash). Also at 0:40 when bowser was edge gaurdring you you should have attacked instead of dodged. Know that falco has horrible airdodging (check out the frame data for his airdodge, way tooooo long). Instead you should've Nair'd. That's why you got punished by bowser and lost a stock. At 1:23, that little shield battle that was going on, you could've avoided the shield grab by DLX'ing. Again at 1:25 you used airdodge costing you to use firebird, the easiest move to gimp. Remember airdodge lasts to many frames. Luckily, you weren't punished for this. BUT BE AWARE! after your second stock you seemed to gave gotten hasty. Cool down. Play it cool. No need to rush to get his stock. Wait for him to make a mistake and punish him with and Usmash. You could've put more pressure on him by lasering him (something that wasn't used in this match at all). You started to become predictable. you just dash attacked. Not a good offense approach. Try SH Nair, SH lasers, SH reflector, RAR bair and SH dair. OR even an empty SH or SHAD'ing. Look at what you did to his second stock, you spot dodged (which is falco's quickest way of dodging) dthrow'd, to usmash. That was an excellent example of punishing him and waiting for him to make a mistake. Use falco's spotdodge when you can. Again, what everyone else told you, Chain grabbing to dair spike is good. Use that reflector to keep your opponent in his place. And get annoying with the immediate aerial phantasms, and lasers. Remember, annoying not predictable.

Top Bottom