• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DOTA (Defence of the Ancients)

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
yeah I play this sometimes, I used to be kinda good but lately I just play arena. PM me if you want some games or my bnet account.

D

Deleted member

Man this is my GAME. I ****ing love Dota.

Hatter, whats your bnet account? Do you play east or west

DeLoRtEd1 US East

Edit: I play tda

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
I would get into dota more if I could find a team to play with. So I just play the occasional pub now and then.

mynameiskevin on USWest.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
I have played dota since it wasent ever Allstars like 3-4 years ago or something like that.
These days im pretty freakin good player, which is not a suprise because i have played it for so long time. I have a lots of friends that play it so that is one of the reasons i have been playing it so much. Leavers and people who cry about everything ruin this game thought. (Well most of internet games anyway)
Dota is amazing game with friends.

Avenger131

Smash Rookie
Dota huh?
I personally dont play it much. I prefer arenas or other AoS's like Advent of the Zenith.
But if you want, I dont mind playing.
Im Avenger131 on UsEast

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
DotA and maplestory and uhh indecent images destroyed my computer. Anyways DotA is an amazingly addicting game, played 7 hours a day every day for about 6 months or so.

D

Deleted member

That one hero deny was sick.

I was just thinking..okay, this clip better be good, it's just Tinker doing his nukes...

*bam mindblown*

S2

Smash Lord
Man the time I lost to dota is sad.

I love that game, it really kept Warcraft 3 going for me when I began tiring of the main game (which was about 3 or 4 years into its shelf life).

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
-phanna-
That is one of the best DotA videos around. Crow steals/dagons are the devil. + the basshunter music is awsome.

Is that ggc I hear? Are there any Americans that still use that?

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
I play Dota.. I'd say I'm fairly decent and by decent I mean pro. Phanna that vid was sick bro.. I wanted to stop it at first but after the "Mindgames" part it was all too amazing.

Some other awesome vids:

(Pudge vids)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr2mZ0p_Pm4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK4klRqqrrI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8XReWRZ4o

(Mirana vids)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qti5SJO86wU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvQJJfFkMIA

There are a bunch more pros.. hOlyhexOr is my effing hero though teehee :p

My AIM is: Stabadus
My sn on wc is: Stabadus (on Azeroth -- East)
Msg me if you ever wanna play...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
My favorite change in 6.50 has to be this:

* Changed how Dagger of Escape works. It cannot be activated if you took damage in the last 3 seconds.

/fail

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
My favorite change in 6.50 has to be this:

* Changed how Dagger of Escape works. It cannot be activated if you took damage in the last 3 seconds.

/fail
LOL what?? That is a horrible horrible change lol.. So basically.. there's no point in getting it (besides blinking in and doing something..)

Guess it was a smart move changing the name daggar of "escape."

Does anyone else have the problem of massive lag whenever somebody picks the new hero, Invoker? Rumor: Invoker causes dota to lag. Discuss.

S2

Smash Lord
Gosh, my regular PC died so I can't play DOTA at all. I've been using a business laptop, which means loading War3 on is a no-no.

I'm guessing they nerfed dagger because it was being abused with certain heros. It's practically a no death free pass on certain heros if they get a little fed.

At least it could still be used as an offensive move, but it'd probably got nerfed so that its possible to come back from behind if an overpowered hero gets it (like an overfed tanking hero).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
LOL what?? That is a horrible horrible change lol.. So basically.. there's no point in getting it (besides blinking in and doing something..)

Guess it was a smart move changing the name daggar of "escape."

Does anyone else have the problem of massive lag whenever somebody picks the new hero, Invoker? Rumor: Invoker causes dota to lag. Discuss.
It's called "Kelens Dagger of Escape."

WACK

Miharu

Smash Hero
How did I not ever notice this topic before I made mine? ff

Is there anyway to merge the two? (link here)

We should ih/scrim some time tho good ****

Just contact me whenever and I can get people to get on East (we're usually on west/GGC since we're all in cali)

Also anyone here keep up with the competitive scene?

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
I try to keep up the all the tourneys but there are so many. Done my share of CAL-O and -I's. I actually got a good friend of mine into DotA little over a year ago so we are putting something together for CAL-O this year.

If you got enough people we def should ih some time. If not we play anyway.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Pacific or Atlantic? If it's the former, we might end up meeting each other lol

But yeah, yesterday we got to play Shakens (H2O) in the 3rd round of the Kode5 tournament. Got crushed so hard, it wasn't even funny; global Naix in 6.52e + Zeus is pretty insane. No small wonder that they were considered the best team in NA.

Too bad they're breaking up after the current string of tournaments and merging with EG and the remnants of [P]. Although that means NA DotA's going to be making a comeback in the global scene soon :D

Top Bottom