• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double d-air in the air without actually touching the ground confirmed...

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I don't have proof, but once Brawl is out..... then you can practice it yourself.
It takes quick fingers because you have to immediately d-air right after you full jump, then time your double jump right in order to do another d-air after it.

Plus Ganondorf's 180-degree Warlock Punch allows him to actually DI whichever direction he's facing, but only in the air. Ganondorf's crescendo kick (up-tilt) pulls in opponents in front of him; the maximum distance that would pull opponents in would be the full length of Snake's lying body (crawling position) between Ganondorf and the character in front of him. I have scored an average about 2-Warlock Punch and 2-up-tilt for all of my 1v1s against my own crew members.

Have a good Brawl day.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
hey, what about a down air to a warlock punch? Do you think that there would be enought time if you did your d air at the peak of his jump? That might be something that people might want to look into w/ the increase in the release speed of the moves.

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
hey, what about a down air to a warlock punch? Do you think that there would be enought time if you did your d air at the peak of his jump? That might be something that people might want to look into w/ the increase in the release speed of the moves.
Nah, there's not nearly enough time for that.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Interesting, I will test it out today.... response will come by tomorrow...
[Edit: Actually I'll make a video showing all of these possible techniques by today most likely]

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
Timing the double D-Air after some messing around really isn't that hard. Your second jump will be a bit higher so you aren't as pressed for time to pull off the second D-Air early enough for it to be lagless.

Just do it like you're going to do a short-hop (lagless) D-Air, then hammer the jump button while he's still doing it; the second D-Air winds up being a tad higher than the first but you still don't have any landing lag.

Kind of a neat mindgame because you have some lateral movement to play with. Managed to spike someone that tried to jump out of a ledge grab just after my first D-Air and he got railed with the second.

Magus420

Smash Master
Anyone able to jump with X/Y and do the first d-air using the c-stick consistently and get the shorthop autocancel or be able to jump out of the fulljumped one? During the bit of time I played the other day I could only really get it reliably using X/Y and A+down to d-air and using the control stick to jump would also work, but I'd like to keep the analog completely free to allow the most air control for its spacing. Maybe it'd be better to hit X/Y with my index finger and having my thumb already at the c-stick like I do for Peach's float aerials?

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I don't know Magus. That stuff is best left to stick-jumping if you asked me. Otherwise you're making the timing super-hard for no reason. It IS possible to do it that way, but it's a lot harder to do and even harder to do consistently. It's not like you need to worry about up-tilts with Ganon anyway.

Shrug, I guess if you have quick fingers and can deal with the tough timing then go for it.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
You can down Ganondorf's D air and finish the animation in a short hop. You need nearly instant execution.

Inspired by how effective Link's Up Smash out of the shield is, I've messed with Ganon and I found that you can smash up on the control stick to jump and then immediately mash down on the C Stick and you'll land with no move lag.

I tried jump with X and Y to do this and it is possible , but I can't be consistent with it. It's just easier to do this with the C Stick.

Magus420

Smash Master
I don't know Magus. That stuff is best left to stick-jumping if you asked me. Otherwise you're making the timing super-hard for no reason.
It's not for no reason. If jumping works anything like in Melee you're slightly limiting the initial horizontal jump momentum you can input with the control stick as you leave the ground by using it to do the jump.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
agh, Double Dair is back?!

will it work if you hit the opponent's shield??? that's all that's really important to me. I know triple Bair is still very possible, I don't know if you can do it quick enough to cancel landing lag though.

Top Bottom