• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double F-airs

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Ok, make sure that you can Short Hop Fast Fall L-Cancel (SHFFL) a single F-air first.

Hold right/left and then short hop, keep holding the direction you are facing and press Z/A/C-Stick as soon as you leave the ground, then press Z/A/C-Stick to do the second F-air. Using Z for the first F-air is easier and using C-stick for the second F-air is also easy. That's how I usually do it. M2k uses A to do it. Most Marth's use Z or C-Stick for the first F-air though

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I myself shift my thumb over from Y to A, and just hit A as soon as possible.

A quick note, just in case you don't already know:
SHDF is mostly just good for comboing. If you want to space something against their shields or control the stage better or something, just a normal SHFFL'd aerial (preferrably nair or fair) will work much better. Once you land the first fair, however, then you break out the SHDFs.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, it is pretty bad.

There's no like... secret trick to it. Flip your controller upside down and tap on the bottom three times, that'll make you auto shdf whenever you call out "Marth!"

Seriously just... one rising, one falling. Practice, practice, practice.

$ick

Smash Lord
Short hop, then throw your thumb to the c stick as fast as you can, then wait a tiny bit, and push the c stick again. :)

elastickub

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it is pretty bad.

There's no like... secret trick to it. Flip your controller upside down and tap on the bottom three times, that'll make you auto shdf whenever you call out "Marth!"

Seriously just... one rising, one falling. Practice, practice, practice.
lol that had me rollin

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
this won't be stickied because its just too old. just find the way that works best for you; looks like Z in this case. i c-stick almost every aerial, including marth double fairs.

Brainjack

Smash Journeyman
just sh and slide your thumb down to a

other approaches are using z or c (although c stick could be a little harder since it's just physically a farther distance than a or z - which you're doing with your index finger)

and then the second fair should be easy as long as your first one came out fast enough, you can do the second one with any button (a, z, or cstick)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yeah what brainjack said...but with c stick you can also do retreateing shdf...just looks cool..but more usefull is definitely the fair --> uair...nails spacies...also dont just spam a...learn the timing...

Stratford

Smash Champion
I use A for first fair c-stick for second. It might be worth it to try to c-stick both though. This way you can do retreating shdf and such.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^When going to the left you can do both f-airs with the c-stick. I kind of want to learn to be able to do it in both directions with the c-stick, but it's tough doing it going right.

booshk

Smash Lord
I use A for first fair c-stick for second. It might be worth it to try to c-stick both though. This way you can do retreating shdf and such.
i do as well.. easy to shift over from x to a then u have time to c stick
but yah o_O

crypticism

Smash Rookie
remember to l-cancel it too or ur asking to get punished. i usualy slam my l button at the same time as the 2nd fair

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
so i know that you hate these threads and all but i can do the right consistently with two c-stick jerks, but the left gives me trouble...i'm trying to do the method where you do a, then cstick for the 2nd one, but i just cant get it, any advice on what is wrong with my timing? cuz it seems that you are able to get the first fair out there faster with the c-stick method than with pressing a

Zodiac

Smash Master
You just have fair quick enough from the initial short hop to be able to fair again coming down. Its quite simple really, using Z does help.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
you have to rotate the joystick and press "Z", "A", "B", "Z" in succession quickly while airborne and drifting backwards. it's hard, but it's doable. people forget that marth's shdfair is essentially a "zair" so they get confused when attempting it.

it's a common mistake though. with practice i'm sure you'll get it.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
which way do you have to rotate? dude KK you need to be more specific

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, it is pretty bad.

This didn't work... wth man :bee:

Can people stop being so obsessed with SHDF? Its really not that good of an option most of the time anyway.

Put your time into more valuable things... like pivot grabbing ;)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
which way do you have to rotate? dude KK you need to be more specific
left.

always left.

doesn't matter which way you're trying to do it, always left.

and teczero that's because elvenarrow is a gigantic noob. i mean, who are you going to trust? zair? or calling out marth?

i think the choice is obvious.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Pivot grabbing takes like three seconds to learn...

I forgot to mention that my method only works in version 1.0 of Melee. Sorry about that.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Pivot grabbing is easy to learn but hard to master, you need all the practice to build in that muscle memory.

Btw Double Fair also has a Rythm to it so if your just trying to fair too soo it wont come out learn the timing and the speed with come with practice.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
left.

always left.

doesn't matter which way you're trying to do it, always left.

and teczero that's because elvenarrow is a gigantic noob. i mean, who are you going to trust? zair? or calling out marth?

i think the choice is obvious.

wait how many times should you rotate? just once

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
if you can't do it practice if you can't do it after a month at most i wouldn't even bother because even if you start to do it practice it is alot different then in game and you won't be 100% focus on doing double fairs. it would benifit you more if you read your opponent to kick his ***.

KikoMePlease

Smash Journeyman
Don't even bother learning it, in reality, this technique is far from useful, there is always something better to do than a double fair; instead you should learn how to auto cancel your N-airs.

Top Bottom