• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double fair with right side of C-Stick

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to get this down and i can do it just fine when i go left with the c-stick because it feels like my thumb can naturally just glide from Y to the left c-stick in one single motion. However, when I do it on the right side i just cant get it quite as fast. Usually my first fair doesn't come out fast enough. Any tips in general for going c-stick right as quickly as possible out of a jump? How do you guys do your double fairs?

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
i dont like A because it feels like i dont have has much control of my movement. What do you use?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I used to use A. Its alright. Worth learning cause it will make you better in other ways.

Now I use control stick to jump (only on my double fairs) when facing right.

People will recommend claw, but I strongly advise against it. Your grabs will get worse.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I made the same exact thread back in 06.

You have to use A. Double Fair should only used be for comboing so it shouldn't matter.

Kramwood

Smash Cadet
i just use the palm of my hand near my thumb for the c stick while facing right.

&Low

Smash Rookie
I use z for the first fair, and c stick for the second. if you are JC grabbing you're going too fast. using z for early aerials works well with char like falcon too (early u-air).

Belgian Warrior

Smash Rookie
For me, it doesn't matter how you do it, if you're able to do it. The three ways are good to do it. However I know that some players prefer the A or the Z because they don't have to move. Some of them like the C-stick because they can't fastfall and they think they're faster and more precise with the right inch. According to me, it's better to use A because the Z seems to be a little imprecise and I prefer the A to the stick because if you fear to fastfall that means that you don't trust yourself or you're not technical, so it's a way of training your precision.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
you can do it with C stick, but it's gonna be harder.

most of the time you will be going forward when doing a double fair anyway so using A is viable

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
It really just takes practice. I used to use the control stick for all of my aerials then I switched to using the C-Stick for all of my aerials because retreating FAirs, approaching BAirs and easier UAirs. I also can't SHFFL without the C-Stick.

When I first switched it was a real pain in the ass trying to use C-Stick right because of how you have to move your thumb to the left side of the C-Stick first the go to the right. Now I'm able to do it about as consistently as I can with left but it's still my weaker side.

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
Practice until you can double fair with c-stick both times out of short hop. It helps because you have a lot more aerial movement control, you don't have to commit to going either left or right all the way.

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
I've actually found a really nice hybrid style for double fairs now. So I figured out that if you jump WITHOUT holding a direction and THEN push forward and A you don't actually push your momentum forward accidentally. The speed of using A makes sure I can get the first fair out fast enough every time, after that I use the c-stick for the second hit. The advantage of this is you can get out a quick fair from a neutral position and then do a retreating or leading fair with the c stick on the second hit. This system has made my fairs way faster and more precise than with just the c-stick alone.

I'm starting to think some sort of hybrid controls are best for aerials in this game in general. Sometimes you force yourself to use the c-stick in many situations where it would be easier and faster to just push A. Now I use A for stuff like, quick bairs off of the ledge while edge-guarding, quick up-airs with falcon and fox out of grabs and sometimes bairs as well. The bottom line though is you actually have way more control of your aerial momentum with just the stick and A then I previously thought, you don't always have to commit to the direction of the aerial fully. It takes some practice but I highly recommend trying it out.

DkDkDkDkDk

Smash Rookie
Just practice man. This definitely is not impossibe with the c-stick. It'll come with time. I find fair-uair easier to do so try to get that down to the right then go for shdf to the right next. It's all timing man. I know how it can feel weird to get the fluid motion from y or x to C-> but you'll get it eventually. Also it may not be the speed you're using to press it but the timing between pressing the first fair and the second aerial

swanized

Smash Cadet
I used to use A. Its alright. Worth learning cause it will make you better in other ways.

Now I use control stick to jump (only on my double fairs) when facing right.

People will recommend claw, but I strongly advise against it. Your grabs will get worse.
The way I claw I have my right thumb on c-stick, right index on jump and right middle finger on Z, my grabs actually got better. You just have to learn to do everything with L trigger

Kadano

Magical Express
I solved this problem by exchanging the C-stick for a control stick (more specifically, the stick used in Wii Classic Controllers). Now I can do a sort of “pressing” motion with my thenar.

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
lol i had to google thenar. Yea thats what i use for the c-stick on the left side. I dont understand how replacing the c-stick helps. It's still in the same position... is the control stick wider or something? Meaning less movement for your thumb? I don't get it.

Top Bottom