• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double flip kick off a wall????

bluesm0ke

Smash Rookie
NNID
sdlonghorns11
So I found something in training mode the other day that I think could have quite a few uses. If you flip kick into a wall, and you mash jump as soon as you get into contact with the wall, you can do a second boost kick. You can only do this if you haven't pressed b for the strong hit of boost kick. I don't have a capture card so I don't have any footage, but I find it fairly simple to pull off. I don't know if this is common knowledge already, but I believe it could be extremely useful when recovering or for edgeguarding. If anyone has a capture card please post some footage. Thanks!

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
It's pretty common knowledge already. I didnt know that you could do it with jump, but holding up on the joystick does the same thing.

Don't let this deter you from sharing any other future discoveries you think might be valuable, though!

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Whoa for a second there I thought you meant you could walljump during the actual kick :p
Yeah, the Flip walljump is (somewhat) common knowledge. I think it happened automatically in Brawl and now you press the jump button to do it. Since pretty much the only walls in this game are in the recovery zone, its main use is for recovery. If you can snap to the ledge right after the walljump then you're well off (this is most helpful on stages with inward-slanting walls like FD), otherwise you're only a little bit higher than where you started. You can recover from pretty much the bottom of FD and sometimes Battlefield using just Flipjump to jump up the wall; sometimes you can jump off the same wall twice in one FlipJump, although I'm still not sure how that makes sense.
As for any thought of offensive purpose, it's definitely not as good as Bouncing fish since it's slower and less safe, and that's if you manage to jump without accidentally snapping to the ledge beforehand.

tl;dr Walljumping with FlipJump is barely useful except for climbing back up FD or Battlefield, or slightly assisting recovery on stages with vertical walls (e.g. Duck Hunt)

Top Bottom