• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Jump attacks

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
So exactly how does an attack work when linked with a double jump? Is it a decent replacement for the old physics? Anything on combos or strategies involving his new double jump physics would be appreciated.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Um, its not so much DJC as his Down B forcing Yoshi to flip in the air and fall... But seriously, double jump attacks seem amazing for edgeguarding so far. Just neutral air them right after double jumping and you will hit them away while gaining all the jump distance to get back...

And imagine the sick edgeguards from double jump forward air? As in, jump off the stage toward them, wait until you are below them, then double jump and forward air at the same time so that the wind up time takes place as you are moving up toward them? Bam! Right as you reach them you should hit them down if you time it right... I cant wait to practice these things...

Chexr

Smash Ace
Does yoshi still have his super armor if you attack during the middle of his jump?

Chepe

Smash Lord
I doubt it, since yoshinator mentions that Double Jump Counter is still in this game (absorb an attack during the super armor frames then strike back immediately). Mind you, if he kept the frames through the whole jump no matter what then his second jump would be quite broken... :p

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hm...I wonder what would happen if you used his up-B in the middle of his double jump. Would it cancel the double jump? Would the upward momentum compound?

But yeah, Yoshi's double jump will always be a thing of envy.

Winnar

Smash Lord
When I first saw his up-B I always imagined that using it mid-jump would make you go up super high XD

It probably doesn't, but that would be so kick***! :yoshi:

Top Bottom