• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Sticking with Tap Jump

How do you do short hop auto-cancelled up airs?

• Double sticking w/ tap jump

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Double sticking w/o tap jump

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I don't use double sticking

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

_Wumbo_

Smash Rookie
I've recently been experimenting with double stick buffering to perform Fox's SH AC Uair more consistently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHnTF4GQQDA

This technique makes it extremely easy to pull of the otherwise difficult AC Uair. The only problem is that it require tap jump to be on. I, and I assume most of you, prefer to play with tap jump off, because while it makes buffering Uairs easy, I often find myself jumping when I don't mean to.

So, I was just wondering what other Fox mains have done about this problem. Any advice would be appreciated!

P.S. I am aware that it is possible to double stick with tap jump off, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to remap my jump button and found clawing my controller to be slow and uncomfortable.

seoh

Smash Cadet
I just claw my sh uair. its very easy after you practice. Its also very easy to get quick double jump uair.

_Wumbo_

Smash Rookie
Okay, I guess I'll just practice it more. Do you use double sticking for bair to or just the traditional method?

seoh

Smash Cadet
I use tilt stick so I double stick whenever I can to free up aerial momentum. Exceptions are nair cause I suck and sometimes RAR bair

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
I use L set to jump to do SHAC uairs (quick L tap + up on tilt-stick). I still mess up every now and then and get a full hop, but it's impossible to do an usmash this way. After some more practice it becomes easy.

Actually, L is slowly becoming my main jump button lol

Top Bottom