• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles With Team Attack Off

Unwavering_Canadian

Smash Apprentice
Recently, there was a local doubles tournament hosted by some non-smash-educated individuals. In the tournament ruleset, team attack was left off unless both teams agreed to turn it on. It wasn't a big deal, the teams who played competitively either won or gentlemaned to it in their matches.

Hypothetically, which characters and teams would be viable if team attack was off? Cast your opinions. I think Falco Peach might be really good, you can laser through a dsmash spamming peach and Falco can laser from inside peach without worrying about anything. Pretty much make a tank out of dsmash with a crouch cancelled falco inside ready to shine combo anyone who approaches from above :p.

Falco would be OP tier. Lasers would cover an x axis and would go through your ally. Opponents get hit and your ally doesn't. They'ed get interrupted with hit stun too often to do much of anything

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
Samus would be god tier. Camping on platforms and just missle spam so they can't move anywhere. Bascially all projectile characters that produce hitstun would be good.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Attacks with good range but bad wind-down, like Marth's fsmash are also really nice. Just spam them and have your partner cover attempts to punish ending lag.
I think that'd be even harder to deal with for 'normally playing teams', but they'd probably lose to double projectil spam. Samus / Samus or Samus / Falco sound completely bonkers.

Maybe Yoshi could be nice, since he has a projectile that can be placed anywhere on the field, regardless of his own position (i think he's unique in that regard).

Last edited:

Massive

Smash Champion
Imagine two foxes standing as close as possible to each other, alternating usmashes in a way that there is no time to punish the lag.

It would just be a spherical hitbox of death.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Um, I don't know. It may be a good idea, as i never understood why it was on(yeah i know some things would be stupid but..).

Last edited:
Top Bottom