• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubleteam trick against olimar

Yazman

Smash Rookie
i noticed this when i accidentally pressed bdown a good range from the olimar i was fighting. I had a pikmin biting on me (olimar's forward B)and my doubleteam went off. I tested this some more, and if a pikmin is biting at you, you can counter the individual bites. I used this to get several kills - just make sure you are near olimar when you do it.

Also, doubleteam usually knocks off whatever pikmin are biting at you, so its a good way to get rid of them

However, when the player realizes what you're doing, he either spams his shield after throwing or he stops using his forward B attack altogether.

Either way, its one more thing for him to worry about.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I saw this yesterday when I was fighting my friend's Olimar. We were both surprised, and it killed him. It's a pretty good way to discourage Pikmin spamming, as the Lucario would have an attack that'd make you disappear and attack basically on command.

Shariadarow

Smash Apprentice
It works on fire flower, super spicy curry, both hammers, and even bob-ombs. Not that those are really used in competitive play, but still. If you ever feel using those, Lucario can be rather nasty with them. Anyone know if it works on some of the final smahes, such as ROB's or Yoshi's when he's using his flamethrower?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
countering the seperate pikmin attacking you...you know, it seems so simple, and yet i never thought of that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's a neat trick, but you have to keep the range in mind when using it. ;)

Megaa

Smash Cadet
I once dodged Sonic's final smash by Double Teaming the entire time. If it damages you or knocks you back, you can double team it. Even environmental hazards.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I once dodged Sonic's final smash by Double Teaming the entire time. If it damages you or knocks you back, you can double team it. Even environmental hazards.
yea, i noticed that when i double teamed dedede's move where he sucks you in. right when i was being pulled in i was able to counter myself being pulled and it hit. Suprising when it wasnt doing any damage

Verdugo

Smash Rookie
Good find. would this work for other characters with counter moves, like marth, ike, or peach?

Milln

Smash Champion
how much damage does this do exactly?
does it matter which pikmin he uses?
Does approximately.... eleven or so.... at 70 some percent on Lucario.

No, it doesn't. Double Team counters the attack and gives the opponent an independent one of his own, no matter how strong or weak the attack countered was, so it's better than Ike or Marth's, in that it's static and not reliant on countering a strong attack to yield great results.

templar rage

Smash Cadet
Thats a nice find, and works both sides for me lol. I play Olimar mostly, so I'll watch out for that against a Lucario. And Lucario is my 2nd most used character, so I can exploit that. If only I got matches on WiFi where people other than me uses Olimar :(

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Very nice, cant wait to find an Olimar user now

Top Bottom