• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down South Jukin' - Melee's Revival - WABA-GAMES Duluth GA, Feb. 22!!!!

Laijin

Smash Hero
Saturday is brawlz @ waba
but you should bring those 4-5 others anyways:)
Melee should never be affected by brawl.
Ever.
People need to learn how to set their priorities straight in my opinion.
Meaning host a melee tournament directly over a brawl tournament anyways, and use majority of the tvs for melee. Or just cancel the brawl tourney.
Who thinks that plan is pro?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol laijin is the man
btw guys wish me and flaming roy good luck we are playing at a tourney at ucla on sunday in cali . We gotta show that east more importantly ga is very serious about melee. We gotta go up against people like lucky and zhu and mango might show. Anyway in honor of you guys were going in as team ga boys atlantic south or something pretaining towards representing you guys. Show your support homeis

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Lol laijin is the man
btw guys wish me and flaming roy good luck we are playing at a tourney at ucla on sunday in cali . We gotta show that east more importantly ga is very serious about melee. We gotta go up against people like lucky and zhu and mango might show. Anyway in honor of you guys were going in as team ga boys atlantic south or something pretaining towards representing you guys. Show your support homeis
GOOD LUCK SON! show those Cali boys what up. XD

S0FT

Smash Ace
I'm really not comfortable with you representing GA. I mean you never come to tournaments. Some of us didnt even know who you were. Be team South Carolina or something. No one cares about South Carolina.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol as far as i am concerned im like the only one out here and as far as that i learned everything about smash from the ga scene which is nothing compared to cali so many people lol not anyones fault but anyway this isnt some major tourney or a big east coast west coast thing anyway. It saddens me though your not showing support for your fellow ga smashers despite how often i go to tourneys. Trc imma show east coast don't play. And soft no hard feelings just saying my opinion
edit soft seriously i know just about every active melee in ga i have at least had some sort of conversation of friendly except chadd who we really only met once and never did our money match those who don't know me are brawl players
lol i didn't think getting someone to say good luck was so hard

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Just like nobody cares what you say about GA...
Get *****!!!

Lol as far as i am concerned im like the only one out here and as far as that i learned everything about smash from the ga scene which is nothing compared to cali so many people lol not anyones fault but anyway this isnt some major tourney or a big east coast west coast thing anyway. It saddens me though your not showing support for your fellow ga smashers despite how often i go to tourneys. Trc imma show east coast don't play. And soft no hard feelings just saying my opinion
edit soft seriously i know just about every active melee in ga i have at least had some sort of conversation of friendly except chadd who we really only met once and never did our money match those who don't know me are brawl players
lol i didn't think getting someone to say good luck was so hard

Ya got my support man. You and FR go show West Coast whats what :) I better see some vids of you guys recorded against SS and Tang and Mango with whoever he teams with.

Nebs

Smash Apprentice
If melee is moved to saturday i can guarantee multiple people. if not, none of us can show up on a sunday. Brawl taking precedence over Melee is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

tubes

Smash Ace
If melee is moved to saturday i can guarantee multiple people. if not, none of us can show up on a sunday. Brawl taking precedence over Melee is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.
On one hand it is absolutely ridiculous and on the other hand when the hell else would they do the Brawl tournament? The game takes so long that if they held the tournament on Sunday People would have to go to work and school and **** before they ever finished. I think our only option at this point is to show up on Sunday and convince Waba that they'd get a bigger turn out if Melee was scheduled for a different week than Brawl. And on a Saturday.

ss118

Smash Master
Move this date at all and I will find and kill everyone of your children. >=(

So in conclusion: DON'T PULL A SAVANNAH!

PolMex23

Smash Champion
i wanna go to this but i wish it was on saturday...

they got brawl only sat than melee sunday? it should be both on sat

either way ima go

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
like whatever I'm gonna go to it anyway, just some of the kids have school next day and won't be able to participate (namely Mazen, Yoshido)

I will probably just not go to classes the next door, or beast mode and go in there tired as hell...

*gets punched by a zeta gundam*

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Lol thanks guys also it looks like i wont be here i have to finish some things here but when i get back its game time. Tsunami **** there fools man you tubes and trc. And of course my boy mars. I will be watching

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My car can't stay for longer than Saturday; we have at least four people, if not five. Besides, only two would be willing to play tournament Melee, really.

Carter88

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Saturday would be better for me, also. Sunday is a ****ty day for tournaments in my opinion.

DogySamich, don't act like YOU show up to everything! Oh wait......

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
only two?
*thinks*
who are these two that would play Melee perhaps i can take them with me Sunday
It's myself and Calvin, and neither of us are particularly interested in Melee anymore. Since I'm driving everyone else, it's really on them.

I'm all for playing Melee friendlies on Saturday in the meantime, but...

GAwes

Hidden Boss
guys the reason these tournaments arent on saturday is honestly that saturday is a big day for business, min runs a business, and the last few times he's been nice enough to host melee tournaments for us, we havent shown up, i mean, the average attendance was probably 7 over the past 3 months. comon guys, do you really expect him to put effort into hosting something that will probably make him lose more money than gain lol, we cant waste his time like that, what we can do though is do our best to show up for this tournament, and if we pull some people there, maybe he'll be willing to give us a second chance.

SO

SHOW

UP

PRZ

DANKE. . .

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
MAYBE.

I kind of want to take up Doctor Mario again just to help out the Georgia Melee scene. I don't see how it got as deserted as it did.

I'll try to convince the people in my vehicle to not mind staying for Sunday. Hopefully nothing comes up on my side, either.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Well it's Min's fault for shafting Melee into the sunday timeslot.

I don't see how it's our fault that Min put Melee on sunday and hurt attendance like that. No **** attendance is gonna blow. I went to the first 3 or so before I realized that sunday tournaments were not happening. Georgia has highschoolers that gotta get to bed and what not. Plus any waba regular mildly interested in smash would be there on saturday moreso than sunday. Before brawl when Melee was on saturday we had plenty of 20-25+ tournaments. I know Brawl hurt Melee attendance overall, but it's not like Min kept on hosting saturday tournaments and no people showed up. He purposely put Melee on the slower day. I am not saying for Min to sacrifice business and take out brawl and put melee in just for us, but there is really no reason for him not to have both on saturday.

I have yet to see any of Min's Brawl tournaments turn out like TO4.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have yet to see any of Min's Brawl tournaments turn out like TO4.
You're certainly right about the Sunday timeslot being bad in general, but you can't compare monthlies to a regional/national tournament, either.

Perhaps it would be possible to throw monthly Melee in on another Saturday of the month? That would be a better comparison.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
You're certainly right about the Sunday timeslot being bad in general, but you can't compare monthlies to a regional/national tournament, either.

Perhaps it would be possible to throw monthly Melee in on another Saturday of the month? That would be a better comparison.
I was under the impression Min used the other weekends of the month for other events, but if that is not the case, then that makes too much sense. <_<

Top Bottom