• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Downloading high quality videos from youtube?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Is there anyway to do it without purchasing anything? Im working on a combo video, and my Mozilla downloader isn't cutting it qualitywise. Anyone know of a mircale program?

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Uh... I'd just watch stuff in HQ/HD and then dig through my temporary internet files to find it. There's a couple websites that can basically do that for you (just give them the URL and it gives you a direct download) but I'm not sure if they're up to date with YouTube's current highest-quality formats.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Uh... I'd just watch stuff in HQ/HD and then dig through my temporary internet files to find it. There's a couple websites that can basically do that for you (just give them the URL and it gives you a direct download) but I'm not sure if they're up to date with YouTube's current highest-quality formats.
Wow, how'd I forget about this. :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
DVDVideoSoft has a collection of free software which is simply amazing. In the bunch is a good amount of YouTube software that will help you get done what you need.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Thanks everyone, but I just recently realized that my regular youtube downloader is still working, and the quality is more than sufficient.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm actually using a Windows explorer app. The Firefox App I was using wasn't giving me as high quality or as quick downloads comparatively for some reason.

Vlade

Social Outcast
You could also just create a shortcut on your desktop to the 'cache' where all the temporary internet files are stored. The directory of the cache would depend on the browser you use.

This way if you watch a video you want to keep you can just drag it out from there

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
seriously, dvdvideosoft (+ avs video converter if u can get it, its part of it but costs money, everything else is free) has like saved my life in terms of converting video and such. iv never had such a convinient tool b4.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
load your vid.
paste this javascript code in the URL address and hit "Enter".

javascript:if(!document.getElementById('download-youtube-video')){var%20video_id=null;var%20video_hash=null;var%20video_player=document.getElementById('movie_player');if(video_player){var%20flash_variables=video_player.attributes.getNamedItem('flashvars');if(flash_variables){var%20flash_values=flash_variables.value;if(flash_values){var%20video_id_match=flash_values.match(/[^a-z]video_id=([^(\&|$)]*)/);if(video_id_match!=null)video_id=video_id_match[1];var%20video_hash_match=flash_values.match(/[^a-z]t=([^(\&|$)]*)/);if(video_hash_match!=null)video_hash=video_hash_match[1]}}}if(video_id==null||video_hash==null){var%20args=null;try{args=yt.getConfig('SWF_ARGS')}catch(e){}if(args){video_id=args['video_id'];video_hash=args['t']}}if(video_id!=null&&video_hash!=null){var%20div_embed=document.getElementById('watch-embed-div');if(div_embed){var%20div_download=document.createElement('div');var%20div_download_code='%3Cbr%20/%3E%3Cspan%20id=\'download-youtube-video\'%3E%3Ca%20href=\''+'http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt=18&video_id='+video_id+'&t='+video_hash+'\'%20onclick=\'blur(this);\'%3EDownload%20as%20MP4%3C/a%3E';try{if(yt.getConfig('IS_HD_AVAILABLE'))div_download_code=div_download_code+'%20|%20%3Ca%20href=\''+'http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt=22&video_id='+video_id+'&t='+video_hash+'\'%20onclick=\'blur(this);\'%3EDownload%20as%20MP4%20HD%3C/a%3E'}catch(e){}div_download.innerHTML=div_download_code+'%3C/span%3E';div_embed.appendChild(div_download)}}}void(0)
Hit More Info for more video description.
Look under the URL and Embed links, should be a "Download as MP4" and if possible, "Download as MP4 HD"

Using this to DL a whole Uncharted 2 Walkthrough by MahaloVideoGames, in HD then assembling them together and burning it onto a disc and watching it like a movie. Chloe (HD) + 42" LCD TV = :O + *drools*

Top Bottom