• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Downsmash DI (Possibly Extremely Noobish Question)

Izzhov

Smash Cadet
So apparently you can Smash DI out of Pika's dsmash. How do you, er, do that, exactly? Just press left or right on the control stick repeatedly?

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Usually, I DI up out of that attack, so that I don't get hit by that final hit that knocks you into Thunder death.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Yes smash up di with both sticks for the best results, though using one or even just holding up on the control stick can work, but not as effective for me. either way dsmash becomes so weak if the opponent knows how to DI.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
you have to hold up on the control stick, while mashing up on the c-stick, theoretically, each time you get hit with a part of the d-smash, that is when you need to mash the c-stick, while this is hard, practice in training in slower modes, but usually if you mash it as fast as you can when you get sucked in, you can get out pretty easily. Also, it's harder to escape, and sometimes impossible, the later you start mashing after getting sucked in

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Tip: If you think it's a noob question it is.

Just sayin. But yeah, smash the sticks, that's about it.

Top Bottom