• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario PSA [v0.7] Recolors + Melee F-Air + Stock Icons

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
xD Wow.
This character really picked up steam and ran with it.

Good work. This is all amazing stuff.
-DD

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
If you're going to change the standing animation you might want to edit every animation to start and end with it so that everything looks continuous and organic...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Well, I'll wait until I can import .obj models before I put that much effort into animating. See if it'll even work.

Also, how does anyone feel about the Shock Tornado going to Down Smash, and Down special becoming a Ground Pound? Another move from SM64. Someone at Meow Mix made a SMSS Mario and it has a ground pound. Whether its a good one or not I cannot say. I'm for it, personally. Is that k with everyone?

I also must apologize for not working much on him, I'm moving into 2 new appartments so I dont have much free time.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
[insert meleemaster500's rant about no real changes to make his moveset or stats like dr mario in melee]

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'll wait until I can import .obj models before I put that much effort into animating. See if it'll even work.

Also, how does anyone feel about the Shock Tornado going to Down Smash, and Down special becoming a Ground Pound? Another move from SM64. Someone at Meow Mix made a SMSS Mario and it has a ground pound. Whether its a good one or not I cannot say. I'm for it, personally. Is that k with everyone?

I also must apologize for not working much on him, I'm moving into 2 new appartments so I dont have much free time.
Dont add and change too many things. Or it won't feel like Dr. Mario anymore.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yeah I know, but there isnt much else to work on besides the d-air, an improved D-Air and a bit of balancing/adjustment of hitboxes + damage. Not very big changes besides the D-Air. I'll try to work with Luigi's again. I dunno, Doc seems kinda plain to me right now...

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Yeah I know, but there isnt much else to work on
well people have said that he should be slower but be a little more powerful, obviously model but because of stethoscope i guess thats till model importing, same with voice/pill noise, if the taunt had the pill in it it would look better, so as of right now theres the obvious d air and possibly slower and the taunt, great work so far btw though

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
well people have said that he should be slower but be a little more powerful, obviously model but because of stethoscope i guess thats till model importing, same with voice/pill noise, if the taunt had the pill in it it would look better, so as of right now theres the obvious d air and possibly slower and the taunt, great work so far btw though
yes, slower, but thats modifiable by a single attribute in psa, ie a minute fix :/ I already did this and its ready for next build...

yea wait for model importation, but I still should see what a vertex hack would look like... hmm...

cant do much with voice :p

pill noise needs to be added via sfx hacking, and im not going to bother because I wouldnt be able to even use it, I use the file patch code.

about the d-air... keep your eyes open for the next build ;)

maybe I can add frames to slow him down.

Yeah, Ill need an animator for the taunt.

Well, you guys ar right, lets stick to melee doc for now. I can have the next build out when I get to my dads house tomorrow.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I tried it. I like the new dair, but the hitboxes seem weird. It doesn't link like a drill would. And I found some electric hitboxes I think. You should look into perfecting the timing on the hitboxes.

The pills are awesome. They really act like in Melee.

I don't know how you removed the hat, but its really well done. Is it just me, or does it reappear at random times?

The new double jump animation is sweet.

Overall, its really good for a v. 0.6. Try making his Melee fair and nair, they were key moves. And maybe remove the coin element from the upb.

Good job, man.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
lol i guess not, i like the new version though how hard is it to make a hatless mario that effects only 1 texture and has his hair during shield
Yeah, I didnt make it, but I know that it must have been difficult. Just port all of your mario costumes' textures to the edited mario costume with no cap, it will look much better. Or you can port Doc over to another character, which, in all honesty, doesnt look that hard. But the sfx will be messed up, so I'll let people do it themselves, bc I personally want Doc to have Doc SFX. Once FPC 4.1 comes out we'll see what happens...

I tried it. I like the new dair, but the hitboxes seem weird. It doesn't link like a drill would. And I found some electric hitboxes I think. You should look into perfecting the timing on the hitboxes.

The pills are awesome. They really act like in Melee.

I don't know how you removed the hat, but its really well done. Is it just me, or does it reappear at random times?

The new double jump animation is sweet.

Overall, its really good for a v. 0.6. Try making his Melee fair and nair, they were key moves. And maybe remove the coin element from the upb.

Good job, man.
I'll see if I can get the hitboxes from Luigi, as well as the "wind" gfx. And yeah there were some electric hitboxes bc of Shock Tornado (Down Special) to make it a bit different... haha...

Yeah, I didnt remove it myself, someone here did it, and I'll add his (her? idk lol) name to the OP. And for me, it doesnt reappear, but rather... well, his hair dissapears some times, like shielding and ledge grabbing.

Thanks, I was thinking about putting it back, but I guess it good ^_^"

Thanks man, glad to hear it ^_^ Ok, that'll be the next priority, and PERFECTING the Dair. I suppose I could remove the coins, but I personally thought it was an error by the programmers that they forgot to implement it to Doc, much as they forgot to include Roy's sheathe in-game (notice it in his victories and trophies)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I can make those alternate Doc costumes by Paco look like the one you made, if you want. I can make some CSPs, too.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
What do you mean? Take the cap off? Its pretty easy to do, but if you want to, then sure. All you'd have to do is export the texture data of pako's costumes and import them over a capless mario model. The CSPs would be nice though, I wasn't sure what I should make the pose be.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
No, I mean recolor the Brawl-ified texture to the other colors from Melee, but keeping the style of the Brawl-ified one...(hard to explain :dizzy:)

I didn't know there was a hatless Mario model, is that in 0.6?

EDIT: Like this:

to this:

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Seeing the Doc Twister implemented makes me feel good all of a sudden...

Thank you, you're welcome, and I'm glad to have been of any form of assistance.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
No, I mean recolor the Brawl-ified texture to the other colors from Melee, but keeping the style of the Brawl-ified one...(hard to explain :dizzy:)

I didn't know there was a hatless Mario model, is that in 0.6?

EDIT: Like this:

to this:
Ohh ok. Um, well if you have the time, then sure! I like to make recolors too, but I dont have much free time anymore.

great work on the new doc ;) dair is really good and there's no hat. ONE THING THOUGH can u change the texture in the new download for the another doc texture or will that effect his hat? :/
It will affect his hat, but just export the texture data in brawlbox of the mario you want and import it over the hatless model.

Seeing the Doc Twister implemented makes me feel good all of a sudden...

Thank you, you're welcome, and I'm glad to have been of any form of assistance.
Much obliged sir :)

any way for dr marios tornado to work like luigis?
I'mmmm workin on it... :p at least its better than before tho, ammirite?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
No, but someone at KC:MM put a scouter on the TF2 Scout texture so maybe someone knows how to do this? Anyone??

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
you could probably vertex hack on of his buttons to be the thingy on top of his head and the other to be a stephiscope o.o

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
you could probably vertex hack on of his buttons to be the thingy on top of his head and the other to be a stephiscope o.o
O ya...
I didnt even think of that lol. I can't vertex hack tho, when i tried it my changes didnt show :U

Top Bottom