• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon Ball Movie

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
The movies going to be horrible. Being a huge dragonball fan, I know everthing about db btw. I can't see how they can't dissapoint fans. Though after seeing new scans, Bulma and chi chi are hot.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
There is a point where a movie can be so overhyped, so badly made, and so full to bursting with pretty graphics that it surpasses terrible and becomes a thing of legend.

This movie will be that legend.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
There is a point where a movie can be so overhyped, so badly made, and so full to bursting with pretty graphics that it surpasses terrible and becomes a thing of legend.

This movie will be that legend.
It will be like Dragon Wars.

But instead of Wars, Balls.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even going to look at that site, because do you have any idea how many times people have talked about this? I used to be a moderator on the DBZ card game's board, and I couldn't tell you how many threads came up claiming a movie was coming. I even saw one that I felt was real until I found the so-called movie posters it used were all photoshop. I've seen some obsessive people on these here internets, so until I see this actually previewed right in a movie theater or in mainstream media (TV/newspaper ads), I know anything less is just one more thing someone did trying to fantasize about a movie.
I swear, the thing's got 13 movies already. We do not need a live-action movie that couldn't possibly meet any fan's real expectations and we certainly do not need fantasies of some lame "Krillin goes Super Saiyan" Dragon Ball AF fanfiction. I'll admit games, since it's gotten some pretty golden things there, but even there, we should all be willing to accept this is just a part of our past.

Yeah, I've been overexposed to both sides of this issue. Sorry if I'm overly ranty.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I thought I was the only one to have seen that movie.

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
found these floating around, no idea about the validity of em but they fairly legit

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Those are real.. they are on the website in the first post I made >< Although the second one is a little bit photo shopped but its is really goku.

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
oh, indeed they are.. i figured they were a big deal cuz i searched for about 15 mins on google and the only posters i could find were of a single dragonball. well.

i love how in these movies it's always the old asian teacher and the young white guy.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
found these floating around, no idea about the validity of em but they fairly legit

Picture one: The dragonball is obviously drawn in. Even in early stages of movie making important props would be given more priority than that. It's fake.

Picture two: The colors don't blend in at all. And plus -- look at the ends of his hair. It looks cut off. It's fake.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's confirmed legit, by the way.

It's on the fox movies website. So yeah. 4/10/09 is the supposed release date.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Most likely the next highest grossing film in the world.
Thats cause i made a dirrrty hardcore thread with bios and all and it got locked, told me to go to the other DB thread.... would you mind putting my **** in there?

Aesir

Smash Master
The film is based off of dragon ball, not dragon ball Z..

The film is directed by Steven Chow, if anyones seen films like Kung Fu Hustle the fight scenes are very Dragonball ish.

I don't think this film will be as bad as everyone says, unless of course everyone is blinded by fanboyism and the even sligtest adaptation annoys them. It's a movie guys it's going to be adapted a bit..>_>

btw Piccolo is the bad guy.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
The film is based off of dragon ball, not dragon ball Z..

The film is directed by Steven Chow, if anyones seen films like Kung Fu Hustle the fight scenes are very Dragonball ish.

I don't think this film will be as bad as everyone says, unless of course everyone is blinded by fanboyism and the even sligtest adaptation annoys them. It's a movie guys it's going to be adapted a bit..>_>

btw Piccolo is the bad guy.
Steven Chow is awesome but he is not directing it, just producing. Its the going to be directed by the James Wong, from "The One"... so yeah its gonna be pretty bad.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That's the thing about the anime-style. It doesn't show anybody to be any specific nationality. Goku could be Russian for all I care.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
Theres no excuse for it aesir. Everyone knows how popular this is gonna be. It should have gotten lord of the rings and star wars treatment. They definately would have made thier money back.

Now they have 3 million fanboys cussing out the movie years in advance. Amagine what its going to be like once it's released.

Aesir

Smash Master
Why? because fans are completely unrealistic with their demands? I mean you're getting demands like, "why the **** is he white?" I mean seriously that kind of **** is dumb.

Lets face it we're not watching this movie for any kind of story at all, if we are then you clearly aren't a dragonball fan because the story was pretty much weak to begin with. People liked Dragonball because it hosted a diverse form of elements. Comedy, drama, suspense, action. There was no profound message to be take you really can do anything you want with this.

like I've said fans are unrealistic in their demands.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
Most people like dragonball because it's blonde guys that fight at unimaginable speeds firing giant blasts of energy at each other. Thats the average fan.

I understand you but aren't you the least bit dissapointed? I mean I grew up on the show since I was 7 and have watched and anylized it in every dorky way possible. You have to find something to nit pick. I wonder if anyone doing the movie are fans of the series. But hey you never know it might be a blockbuster and shut everyone up. But really It's impossible to please everyone.

They could have stayed to the story somewhat. In which time/saga fans would approve I don't know. Dragon Ball before it got the Z was the most enjoyable part. For me anyway. So I don't mind.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Transformers was a good movie, maybe this'll be good too.

I have a feeling it might suck dragon balls. But heck who knows, maybe it'll surprise us and be fantastic.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Know one is expecting this movie too good. But it's gonna gross like crazy, everyone grew up with dragonball/Z. What i thought if anything they should have done, was to make it like Beowolf where they seem real but are animated. I don't think i might like it though i mean i just saw Wanted, and Dark Knight is right around the corner...so.

Top Bottom