• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragons Den Melee Tourney II in Poughkeepsie Oct 25th

Rykard

Smash Ace
so i realize i cant go now :(

i didnt realize it was going to be such a long trip and i have a lady friend i need to see

maybe another time?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Yo rich come on you cant say 8 or sumthing cuz i can get u by 5 and we get there by 5 45

OTG u need to come and see the results of this too much sex training ive been going through (NO HOMO). Besides u got them set ups and we need those setups!!!

otg

Smash Master
I can't come now, I have Senior project/work johns saturday afternoon. Also, Trey I will **** you in my sleep all day, PC Jona ***** JS and he's like the worst member of our crew lol. No johns though, I love you all. Trey call me when you're in Westchester next time.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
otg hit me up with ya # cuz my old phone broke just call the same number or text me and the turneys on sunday not saturday so u can still come if ur project ends on saturday

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
I can't come now, I have Senior project/work johns saturday afternoon. Also, Trey I will **** you in my sleep all day, PC Jona ***** JS and he's like the worst member of our crew lol. No johns though, I love you all. Trey call me when you're in Westchester next time.
Eh bad day for me ***** him in every friendly though

Falcon is my worst Match up

PK Webb

Smash Champion
is any1 bringing tv's i got 2 wii's and a copy of smash but only 1 copy so i need some assistance ppl

PK Webb

Smash Champion
We aint playing on that monitor man. Phish t yes plz bring the tv and plz be on time for this tourney cuz it hard to wait on a dragon lol.......Justsexed u think u can get that other kids tv the one next door to u?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
turn out was bad but the get together was fun full of lol's and i got 1 one the double dragon challenge and the monk meat dragon challenge with my boy roy

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
you guys see the turnout in WNY? we had like 35 people in an apartment in rochester on pretty short notice. u just gotta get out there and find ppl! theres mad ppl on smashboards who havent found places right next to them, seriously, there are lots. use search and stuff for cities near u

PK Webb

Smash Champion
you guys see the turnout in WNY? we had like 35 people in an apartment in rochester on pretty short notice. u just gotta get out there and find ppl! theres mad ppl on smashboards who havent found places right next to them, seriously, there are lots. use search and stuff for cities near u
There arent alot of ppl out here to begin with. There were suppose to be more around 12 people more but the johns came rolling thru. People had to go back to skool, others were hung over, sum just didnt have a ride, others had church, others just said it was to far so i cant do nothing bout it. I tried but it aint work out maybe next time which will probably be next year it wil be different. Like it all comes down to how bad ppl want to play if they dont want to play its on them but next time if u no u cant make it dont tell me you will definitely be there thats signs of the disease known as *****-a$$ness... thats it im moving back to yonkers or mount vernon or bx where ppl want to smash. But whatever sum1 else can attempt to run a tourney but i could care less since i get paid tomorrow ........ $1600 so i dont need tourney money:laugh:(thats a evil laugh to be exact)

ps- did any1 but me even attempt to get any1 else to show cuz i tried to put work in and it was going well till the sunday morning johns came rolling thru. Like im only 1 person with a 7-4 which in times i work till 2 am and siblings to take care of so yea a lil help upstate would be appreciated:mad: (im not mad just diappointed :()

The Bino

Smash Lord
This was the 2nd tourney i've ever gone to on a sunday, it wasn't the greatest idea to do it on a sunday. That was a problem right off the bat, it's in poughkeepsie... AE had decent turnouts only due to how big AE was in general, on top of that, NYC smashers would come and some LI smashers too... it's all about who you know and if they're willing to come and have fun. They probably looked at the thread, saw your name and didn't recognize it as you being the host.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
This was the 2nd tourney i've ever gone to on a sunday, it wasn't the greatest idea to do it on a sunday. That was a problem right off the bat, it's in poughkeepsie... AE had decent turnouts only due to how big AE was in general, on top of that, NYC smashers would come and some LI smashers too... it's all about who you know and if they're willing to come and have fun. They probably looked at the thread, saw your name and didn't recognize it as you being the host.
Even so a lot of new school smashers don't recognize AE either and trust me nobody from LI is going to go to PK to play in a tourney. LI scene is mostly brawl now

The date as you said is the biggest problem and not enough advertising going around to attract more people.

WNY got 35 though huh?

All for meleetoo?

otg

Smash Master
k then AE can throw them and i'll stop trying
I think the problem is that you advertised this in the Tournament Listings thread instead of "The Atlantic North" regional zone where I feel you would've attracted more attention. Also, as for people not wanting to go out, can you blame them? Poughkeepsie is in ****ing bumble****, it's a good hour+ from me and I'm already way out of the way for most of the good tri-state scene. Trey, you def tried I know you were trying to hustle me to go out there last week, but I told you that a sunday tournament was just not convinient for me, and sure enough people follow suit.

Also count the fact that imo the melee scene is dying worse now then it has before (that or the the prospect of Genesis completely blinded everyone). Trey come play me if you move to Yonkers or Mt.Vernon. I guarantee that the otg trainning > Justsexed. I mean, that ***** lost to PC Jona.

phish-it

Smash Champion
T Webb the main reason I think the attendance was so low was probably because it was a Sunday, that and as otg said it would've probably gotten more attention in the Atlantic North section instead of tournament listings. But whatever, there is always next time.

We need some decent tournaments before ROM 2 and Pound 4 though, 8 man gatherings are not gonna cut it.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i agree with otg 110% like pk is mad far from the city. i will give 1last try so lets vote AE tourney what day and pre or post RoM2 OTG u vote 2 cuz i want 2 u show ................ justsexed i take that bet well least 4 me idk bout rykard

The Bino

Smash Lord
AE is only like 4 members active right now out of like the 10-12 it has in it. Many people gave up on melee when Brawl took over, the best tourney's we had was when Reject and I advertised a tourney in New Paltz together, so LI did come out for that JS, you just have to know the right people.... i have attended many tourney's and when i was actually hosting them it was a rather difficult thing to get people from the city to come up. One way was to provide rides to and from the tourney by picking them up from the train station. That did work a few times, as i have had DA come and i had almost the entire KF attend. Trust me i knew what i was doing, i know what i am talking about and i wouldn't go back to hosting tourney's for Melee. To me, there isn't that much of a point to busting your *** out there in PK no more to get people to attend, and im not talking about people who play the game occasionally, i don't go searching for those people to pretty much just steal their money. That ain't like me, when i was doing tourney's my entire focus was to make it a good one and almost all of them have been extremely good. I don't think PC Chris would've came to a tourney if he didn't feel he would make money off it, he came up and we all had mad fun with him at the tourney.

The new school smashers do recognize my name, and that's all.... one of the last tourney's i went to in the city i had people talking to me and they somehow knew me when i didn't and still don't know them, this happens to me alot at tourney's, i will meet people that somehow know me either by name or face or both... and i won't even know them. The new school smashers aren't playing melee as much as you would think, it's moreso Brawl. On top of that like i said earlier when Brawl came out everyone dropped what they were doing in Melee, played brawl for a few months and as we all witnessed it not going anywhere we all reverted back to the better game.

Another thing i had did to advertise it was go to tourney's and spread the word of my tourney to others. If you are a good enough player, and you're hosting one of your own tourney's people will attend it IF they respect you enough and you don't talk trash about other players behind their back thinking that you're better at something when you don't have to decency to say it to their face or even voice yourself on the boards.... i am a very open person and i have stated exactly how i have felt over the years in this community and that's something that the NYC smashers that i had met from 06-08 have really liked about me.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
Well it all comes down to ones definition of "new school" smasher and trust me disregard brawl or anything of the sort because that game is trash and nobody should speak of it.

At the prime years of the melee scene anybody could attract players(07) if a decent pot was in play or someone had a good venue.

Nowadays nobody plays and trust me when I say LI Melee is longggg dead I know I live there :p
But I can def see players back then going to pk for the tourneys.

I know your a great host Bino its just melee is a dead game now unless you live in like jersey :/

PK Webb

Smash Champion
what r u doing up at that time Justsexed go to bed dude. ok fine i could do the train transport thing since i got a big car and maybe lower the venue fee since im still not bino famous. but when should i do the next tourney? maybe bino can help me throw the next 1 since he got pull

The Bino

Smash Lord
I don't have anywhere near as much pull as i used to have. I used to travel alot and hit up tourney's alot, word of mouth is what works best, since i don't go to tourney's anymore and pretty much gave up on smash due to lack of support melee seems to have these days.

otg

Smash Master
The melee tournament scene is dead. We should just have big smashfests where everyone gets baked and have fun. Speaking of which, I need to play with you Avalanche guys again, let's meet up sometime.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Melee isn't dead, people are just lazy. Everyone wants to play but they don't because the claim the scene is dead and there is no point into going to tournies, but by doing this, you only promote what you are against (yes I am looking at you Bino). Come to ROM 2 Bino, it's only like an hour away from you and will show you why Melee isn't dead.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
thats a kool idea bout the smashfest cuz then i wont have to make my oh so technical brackets lmao!!! but i like the thought of tourney.....i dont think that melee is dead because if you look at the boards everyone is stil learning and still interested in the game. But i agree bout that the fact that brawl has put the biggest dent ever in melee. Good players made the cross over and alot of potentially good smashers 2. I say potentially because i feel every1 can get good with some guidance. But i am willingly to keep playing smash till no1 else wishes to play. When u think about it if its a good game people never stop playing look at super street fighter 2 and mario bros 3 i was getting down with that **** last night. My mom still plays legend of zelda for christ sakes and knows the game better than i

Top Bottom