• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power!! Currently going through a transition. HINT FOR WEEK 12!!

Zylar

Smash Ace
Hey now, I first thought of, and have been doing, that advertising idea. Although I've never made a thread on the respective character's boards (As I fear flamming) I did PM active members and asked them to advertise. But that only worked once... (._. )

But yeah, doing your main's art makes it feel better imo. I like to see other people drawing chars they love. It produces better results imo.

Social Group? Hmm... Even though it will take forever to go through all characters and/or extras + tie breakers when its finished what use will it be? Also, I don't really see how it's any different than this thread.

Just sayin. And if it is made, I'm SOOOOOO there.
EDIT : WOOT!!! I'M THERE!!!

Also NakeDedede, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Imma gonna change me sig now. :3
Edit : Done, I've fashioned it like Zook's

Ivy? Hmmm, at least I have ideas this week. I'm going to work on them today, as to not be behind again...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How about I do the export thread for when Ivysaur week rolls around?

Everyone loves me too much to yell. :bee:

IC3R

Smash Lord
My apologies; I jumped into the hot seat a little to hastily.

There will be a new contest pattern, too. Submissions will be accepted Monday to Friday, and voting will take place on weekends.
Now this is cool.

So Ivysaur's next, eh? Better get started......

Ange

Smash Lord
Who said something about a social group? O_O

Im so there.

/runs

Oh and next week is Ivysaur? This might be interesting. I dont know if I'll have time to work on something, need to work on some school stuff. <_<

Bomber7

Smash Hero
so how do we submit our pics? do we just post the link to where the pic has been uploaded to (ex: photo bucket?)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Based on IC3R's tally, these are the results: DON'T LET THIS FOOL YOU, YOU CAN STILL VOTE UNTIL 11:59 TONIGHT AND YOUR VOTE WILL BE COUNTED!

So for the Overall category, there's a three way tie.
Meno wins the Creative category...
Meno wins the Other category...
Matt4300 wins the Digital category...
And there is either a tie between Bitter Romantic and IC3R or IC3R wins. (Depending on whether LordoftheMorning actually voted for IC3R)

Good stuff. And sorry Zook. .__.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
big text is big.

Handrawn:
IC3R the black and white one. Really dynamic pose. Your picture lost something in the transistion from black and white to color though :/

Digital: It was really hard choosing between matt's and Dragonoise's first one but in the end...
Matt4300

Creative: Ange
It's a kangaroo-catXDD amzing job for paint. Wario face by Denzi is a close second

what is "other" for? I need an explantion so I can vote for that too. I don't want my vote to not count again! x_x

Btw great job to everyone on these amazing Lucas pieces! ^_^

Zylar

Smash Ace
Zook just doesn't want the votes tallied until midnight so everyone doesn't get confused and not vote since they might understandably think that voting has ended because the votes are tallied.

Edit : @ Super Sonic

Other is another category that no one has entered an entry until now. It includes but is not limited to photographs, macaroni art, marble statues, etc...
Basically things that are not hand_drawn or digital, hence "other."

Oh and pretty much you're vote automatically goes to MenoUnderwater, as he is the first/only one who has submitted a work in that catergory. He auto-wins. XD But you still have the option to vote that his work is the most creative or best overall piece. :3

Edit: edit:: Inb4Zook

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Creative: Ange
It's a kangaroo-catXDD amzing job for paint. Wario face by Denzi is a close second

what is "other" for? I need an explantion so I can vote for that too. I don't want my vote to not count again! x_x
How is the Wario face pictures 'creative' in any way? They are just recreated internet jokes.

Really, a lot of our super creative submissions get no love.

For other, read the OP.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Sorry Zook ._.
I must be quickly falling out of your favor; that's two f***-ups in 24 hours...

But anyway, the voting session is done, by Zook's clock. Here are the final tallies...

Hand-Drawn
  • IC3R - 4 (5, 6?)
  • Bitter Romantic - 4
  • Legretta the Quick - 4
  • Denzi - 1
  • Zook - 1
WINNER :: Undetermined; it's either a three-way tie, or IC3R wins, depending on if LordoftheMorning's post counts as a vote or if Super_Sonic8677's votes count.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Digital
  • Matt4300 - 9 (10?)
  • Dragonoise - 5
  • Ange - 2
WINNER :: Matt4300

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Other
  • MenoUnderwater - Only contestant in this category
WINNER :: MenoUnderwater
Fancy that >>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Most Creative
  • MenoUnderwater - 6
  • Zook - 6
  • Ange - 2 (3?)
  • Dragonoise - 1
  • IC3R - 0 (1?)
WINNER :: It's a TIE between MenoUnderwater and Zook

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

OVERALL
  • Dragonoise - 4
  • Ange - 3
  • MenoUnderwater - 3
  • Bitter Romantic - 2
  • IC3R - 1 (2?)
  • Matt4300 - 1
  • Legretta the Quick - 0
  • Denzi - 0
  • Zook - 0
WINNER :: Dragonoise

Well, there you have it. One certain tie between Zook and Meno in the Most Creative Category, and a possible tie between Bitter Romantic, Legretta the Quick, and myself. The tie breaker for the ladder depends on two different people's posts, so I'm hoping they count
cause that means I win! =D

I believe the numbers are correct, as I went through the last few pages--when voting started--and triple-checked the count, taking into account the pending value of some user's votes.

EDIT:: I'm deleting I have deleted my other post as to reduce confusion.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I believe LordoftheMorning's post does not count because it is obviously not in the correct format.

Zook needs to decide about SuperSonic's vote though...

Also, Bowser isn't the only week with ties. And at the discussion group we're talking about what to do with ties.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Technically, yes.

It is currently 3:07 am EST on a Monday. 12:00 am Monday - 11:59 pm Friday is the time allotment.

Post away, BitRom :)

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
FORGIVE ME ZOOK, I COULD NOT RESIST POSTING MY PIECES DX [though, it's technically legal o.o]

here's my pencil on paper piece for our toad+plant pokemon :D [or at least that's how I always viewed it if it were real :O]

my digital piece, again going into the, 'if pokemon were real, what would they be based off of' theme]

Ivysaurs + bulbasaur in their natural habitat [digital?]

my pieces were very.... toady o.o
toads are so fat :O

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just have to figure out what I want Ivysaur to be doing...

The one with Lucas was easy: Zook said best U-Smash wins; so naturally, I drew Lucas using his U-Smash >>

Regardless, I'll get something up before 11:59 EST on Friday.

matt4300

Smash Ace

As you can see Link is utterly displeased with the blatent lack of Heros of time,seasons or of the winds variety... There must be at least 2 Links in this contest, and atleast 1 blue Link, or you (Zook) will pay dearly.

You don't want a wolf on your ***, and I dont mean the gay space kind.

just remeber you won't look nearly as cool with a sword in your face http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/z...8-legend-of-zelda-windwaker-ganon-stabbed.jpg

Back on topic I don't know if I'll do anything for this, but I might >_>

Awsome Bsweet and Flying duchman... lol toads

:034:

Smash Hero
Thanks Romantic. :3 You better step up, your toads will be easily squished by my Ivysaur XD

I forgot to mention that my picture is of the DIGITAL kind, since inking and color was done in Photoshop.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]

Ideas ideas, blah blah blah
I always wanted to explore the symbiotic relationship between the two :3

think things for this character is a bit easier than I thought it'd be :O

digital, would have been hand drawn, except I had no big black sharpie to color it with ;-;

@Matt4300: each character will have their turn :p
just wait :3

@FlyingDutchman: you sure? toads are RATHER fat :O
you sure it won't be the toads squishing YOU? ;D
:3

Top Bottom