• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power!! Currently going through a transition. HINT FOR WEEK 12!!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
As cool as that is, I don't believe it would be allowed...

Anything from Microsoft Paint to ceramic animals dressed up in funny outfits. However, if you do a digital artwork, you CANNOT use any existing image of the character.
And Roy, eh? I sense more then 1 submission involving fire.

Ange

Smash Lord
Speaking of fire, I maybe can overuse some gradient tool in this!

Ill see if I will do something this week, school is kinda overtaking ftm.

Bah, its already Wednesday tomorrow. :/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I hate that slogan for that movie "there can only be one" god I hate it. I hear that enough from my friend Redson who is a member of these boards. He only likes to be the only Sheik in LA or fox or pit. He will get mad if you play the same character as you then beat oyu to a pulp and put you down until you quit that character, not to mention he like "calling" characters and if you play a character he called, you get flammed. n00bish if you ask me.

Gnarly Charlie

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm lookin' to join in on the fun here. (Thats the reason I made this account, actually) So I guess I'll join the Roy competition. My art's not quite up to snuff as some of you guys-- some of these pictures are amazing! But hey, just gettin' here's half the fun!

So I just post it here, right?

In my mind, Roy's always been a bit of a pyromaniac and deeply traumatized by not getting in Brawl...

I was originally gonna do it in Paint, but I couldn't get the kind of background I wanted with that so I ended up swithcing to GIMP... which is why Roy's all pixelly and what have you. But y'know, I think I like it this way... Why was I telling you guys this anyways? xD

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Hey, I'm lookin' to join in on the fun here. (Thats the reason I made this account, actually) So I guess I'll join the Roy competition. My art's not quite up to snuff as some of you guys-- some of these pictures are amazing! But hey, just gettin' here's half the fun!

So I just post it here, right?
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/Haku-Kolulu-Osaka/roysourboy6.png
In my mind, Roy's always been a bit of a pyromaniac and deeply traumatized by not getting in Brawl...

I was originally gonna do it in Paint, but I couldn't get the kind of background I wanted with that so I ended up swithcing to GIMP... which is why Roy's all pixelly and what have you. But y'know, I think I like it this way... Why was I telling you guys this anyways? xD
AMAZING!!

I love it. But could you wrap

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Is Roy more manly than Captain Falcon?
0______0 ...I don't know what to say.

And that is a awesome Roy, it reminds me of a kind of comic style. It's pretty cool.

neous

Smash Journeyman
i logged in just to say
Gnarly Charlie, i like your style. its really cool.
and, though ive visited this site way back in the melee days, i joined the forum just so i could participate in this, just as you, GC

also, thanks to everyone who voted for me during the metaknight week

Zylar

Smash Ace
Is Roy more manly than Captain Falcon?
It all depends on your perspective.

Like some people jiggs is cute, marth is gay, while others don't.

However, let me just say this : Captain Falcon was manly, before Roy was manly.

Also, WELCOME GC!
That Roy is scary o-0, but awesome at the same time! :D
Wish I could read what is written in the background though. :/

IC3R

Smash Lord
That Roy was totally epic...I wish I knew what the stuff in the background said, though...

I think that just won the "Most Creative" category...

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see some more people joining in. Your pic is ace! I like sketchy drawings lots, and Roy is such a maniac. That's why he's mah boy! :laugh:

I am still working on my pic. Hopefully, it'll be up soon.

Gnarly Charlie

Smash Rookie
i logged in just to say
Gnarly Charlie, i like your style. its really cool.
and, though ive visited this site way back in the melee days, i joined the forum just so i could participate in this, just as you, GC

also, thanks to everyone who voted for me during the metaknight week

Hey, thanks, neous. Y'know, you got a pretty crazy style, too! Those were some of the most intense drawings I've seen... ever!

And, wow, thanks for all the positivity from everyone. I look forward to competing against all of you! : )

EDIT: Oh, and Roy's thoughts in the background... They're basically just his ramblings. It doesn't mean a whole lot, but... here ya go!

"OHHHH. These flames, they are sooooo delicious! yes this is
truly what i've yearned for all these years. the flames
are all I really need! the pain... it is so delectable! why
suffer in that idiotic game that those fools call brawl
anyways? all i need is my warm, delicious fire... as long
as I have my fire i needn't be in any more silly games! no...
this is my liberty! it is what i've been fighting for! this
is my time to really shine through! none other could tame
the wicked flames like Roy can! No one! i am unsurpassed in
my field... a field of flames. ahhh, i can feel the fire. my fingers,
they burn with the love of 1000 suns! i've waited so long!!!"

The font I used was automatically capitalized, which is why the punctuation is bad. Heh...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
ASCII ROY -- Digital

The border is a bit wonky... but what can I say, it's GIMP.

EDIT: Yes, I did use a pre-existing image of this character and all you have to do is do a Google search of 'Roy fire emblem' to find it. But, it's ASCII and it's incredibly hard to create an entirely new image of a pre-existing character (especially one so detailed). I did all the work myself -- the 0s, the 1s, the background, the everything. I just used the picture as a reference.

Not sure if this will still be counted. But cut me some slack, please, Zook?

Ange

Smash Lord
Ohh, ASCII art! Interesting choice, I really like it. Awesome!

Man, theres so many great Roy entries so far, and its always nice to see some new people joining in. ;)

Top Bottom