• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power!! Currently going through a transition. HINT FOR WEEK 12!!

matt4300

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOO!!! WAIT i still have to draw one i have been sooo busy.... god... i need to do this now

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
Seems to be the case. I switched to Revolution and Smash Blue, and in both only my entry and Flash's were underlined. Smash Blue seems to have them all underlined.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Mine is still the cutest, btw.
Zook hadn't seen mine when he made that statement.

Hand-drawn, it's...beautiful. :)

Hmm...I think she should be a bit chubbier...oh well. Good thing I was able to scan the masterpiece before the deadline and get it on here...I thought I wouldn't of made it.

ndayday

BRoomer
Thanks Yagami. I decided to take a...different approach towards Zelda. =P

I can't wait for Dedede. Wait, if I were to take a picture and draw with the mouse/tablet et cetera, would that count as hand-drawn or digital? I just want to get it right if I ever happen to do something on PS or the like.

EDIT: Read the first post, it's digital apparently.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
^That's actualy waht I did for my enttry. I made an initial hand-drawn version and then imported it into inkscape adn used it as a reference while overlaying with bezier curves.

I'd presume digital...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I see the same OP as FireCrack posted.

This thread is clearly possessed.

Tennet

Smash Champion

Hmm...I think she should be a bit chubbier...oh well. Good thing I was able to scan the masterpiece before the deadline and get it on here...I thought I wouldn't of made it.
*fap fap fap*

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
^That's actualy waht I did for my enttry. I made an initial hand-drawn version and then imported it into inkscape adn used it as a reference while overlaying with bezier curves.

I'd presume digital...
zook says its digital but i think it should have its own category.
i mught not make the deadline, mainly because i havent started:ohwell: ill see what i can do tomorow

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Most awesome zelda ever :laugh:

-:bowser:Bowser King

ndayday

BRoomer
I hope not, less competition, ya know?

I just looked at all of the submissions, and I can say that I know who I'm voting for already. We start voting tomorrow, right? Good luck to y'all submitters!

And if we just did a human, we're going to do some kind of 'other' thing next. Maybe it'll be Pikachu...or maybe it'll be characters that aren't in Brawl, like Zook mentioned.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
For the entires, on my screen the one's I place the mouse over become underlined. And if I click on one,it stays underlined until I click on a different entry. :/

Can't wait until we get to Sonic XD

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
NakeDeDeDe, that is absolutely horrifying. And I love it.

I better win something this time, or I'll cancel the contest. :mad:

...Just kidding, of course. Anyone figure out the OP mystery? I use Classic, and nothing is underlined unless I move the mouse over it.

ndayday

BRoomer
Ha, thanks Zook.

I would imagine it is just a glitch with the skin. If you really wanted it fixed, you could ask in the Questions and Suggestions Thread in the PRoom. I myself, see everything normal. Maybe you have it underlined? Whatever, IMO it's not that big of a deal.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah, I didn't get to scan my Zelda in.

So I'll just have to compete with my "Not Zelda", then, I... guess.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you could just make all the entries underlined. Eliminate the problem by avoiding it altogether.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Here's my entry, sorry it's late!

Anyway guys, I'm so disappointed. Not only did my computer not cooperate when I was trying to upload my drawing to photobucket at 11:55pm, but it utterly froze. Typical, when you need something to work, it doesn't. So after tinkering a bit, restarting, and then revisiting photobucket I have for you my drawing.

Beyond the fact that I experienced computer related issues in trying to upload this, I'm more disappointed that I was unable to finish the picture by the deadline. I have a problem... I'm a perfectionist. With that said, in my opinion, this picture is putrid, in that it's far from done, and as the artist who drew it, I see every flaw and more. With that said, I work until I've nullified all of my flaws, and haven't yet had that opportunity. It's been a busy week to say the least. I'm quite happy with this one, it's coming along, and I'm going to continue to work on it until finished.

•Drawn by hand, on a WACOM Intuos tablet
•Drawn in PhotoShop CS4 Edition.
•Hours Taken: ? No Idea, I'd say 6-8+ hours or so. I worked on it as much as I could today, which was 4-5 hours straight.
•When done, this will be in color, when I draw I start off with black and white as it's the best way to get the greatest depth in tones. It helps loads with the coloring aspect. You can expect the finished version to be colored.
•My idea was... to depict Zelda in a more human (realistic) way that would show off her sexyness. With that said, I hunted for a model that I thought would make a good Zelda inspiration, and set to work. In the finished piece, she will be wearing a sexy dress, probably a lace lingerie of sorts. I want to work on her tattoo (the triforce) to make it a centerfold of her outfit. In addition, I want to work on the tattoo anyway, to make it look more real.

Anyway, despite the fact that I'm not finished, I'd like to hear what you guys think.

I hope this is okay for an entry... I hope it's accepted. Sorry it's not finished, I promise I'll upload the finished version asap! Who knows, it could be done by tomorrow or Saturday! :)

Thank's Zook for making this thread, you've given me reason to get back into drawing. It's something that I have to do more, and this thread showed me that!

Thanks every1 :)

-Orca

EDIT! Despite the fact that it's 6AM, I haven't gone to bed yet, and nearly no one has seen the first submission, I have a newer version of my Zelda WIP! Check out the changes!!! ;)

Here is my original drawing...

here is my latest version... tons more work on the face, some work on her bra, namely the right side, tons of work on her left arm. I've been busy. Oh yeah, and I did some work on her hair. Everything I've worked on will be further rendered as I see fit, nothing is complete... :) For the record this is probably around 13+ hours of work. I have literally worked on this from 12am to 6am. My God. 15hours? I am still soo far from done. I have to stop being a perfectionist. Oh well, this is good practice, as next time it will take less time to do something like this because of the experience I've gained going through this drawing. :)! (Don't believe the 12am-6am time frame? Check when this post was submitted and when it was edited. It shows at the bottom of the post 6:20am. lol! ahh

•Use this as my entry!

To make it easy for you guys to recognize the changes I've made between versions, I've made a before and after picture!! ;)

•BTW-- some of you may have noticed that I've dropped the triforce tat in the later version. That's because I'm going to finish all more of the picture, and then add that in later. I wanted to redraw it anyway. ;)

kupo15

Smash Hero
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This wins right here. My vote for this lovely beauty!!! :chuckle:

Dan_X

Smash Lord
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This wins right here. My vote for this lovely beauty!!! :chuckle:
Haha, thanks Kupo!

My vote for Digital: FireCracker
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6277771&postcount=216

Many people don't understand vector art, they almost pass it off, but I have respect for it. I like the way you did this picture. Good use of colors, unique style, and winner of my vote!

My vote for Hand Drawn: Flying Dutchman
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6256105&postcount=171
I like this drawing, largely due to it's detail-- and I'm all about the detail. The right hand could be tweaked slightly, but otherwise it's good. What this picture truly needs is shading, and coloring. It could go either black and white or color, but shading is ALWAYS a must. A background would be nice too. :) Even still, you have an eye for detail and I like that. Keep it up!

My vote for Overall Bestl: FireCracker

I'd have to say that this is the best out of the selection. For a few reasons. A) The artist made good use of his style. The picture has a background, which few pictures within the selection have. It's also finished, unlike most every other selection. It's just a solid picture, with a unique style. Keep up the good work! ;)

Did I do the voting process right? If not, I'll gladly edit this, thanks!

EDIT: I've made changes to my drawing--- I've updated it. Check out my submission post, post #276.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Haha, thanks Kupo!

My vote for Digital: FireCracker

Many people don't understand vector art, they almost pass it off, but I have respect for it. I like the way you did this picture. Good use of colors, unique style, and winner of my vote!

My vote for Hand Drawn: Flying Dutchman
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6256105&postcount=171
I like this drawing, largely due to it's detail-- and I'm all about the detail. The right hand could be tweaked slightly, but otherwise it's good. What this picture truly needs is shading, and coloring. It could go either black and white or color, but shading is ALWAYS a must. A background would be nice too. :) Even still, you have an eye for detail and I like that. Keep it up!

My vote for Overall Bestl: FireCracker

I'd have to say that this is the best out of the selection. For a few reasons. A) The artist made good use of his style. The picture has a background, which few pictures within the selection have. It's also finished, unlike most every other selection. It's just a solid picture, with a unique style. Keep up the good work! ;)

Did I do the voting process right? If not, I'll gladly edit this, thanks!

EDIT: I've made changes to my drawing--- I've updated it. Check out my submission post, post #276.
You forgot 'creativity.'

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It was tough but here's my vote:

Handrawn: Super_Sonic8677

Digital: Spire III

My comments: It was a close call between Super_Sonic's Zelda and Flying Dutchman's Yoko Zelda, I must sy that Yoko Zelda wasn't bad looking at all, and seeing her hair tied up made her even sexier looking. :)

As for the Digital, I liked what FireCracker did using his Zelda, unique, cartoonish look with a good blend of colors, but in the end Spire III's 'gothic sorcerer' took the victory at hand.

This is my vote, I can't wait for the next character face-off's :)

EDIT - Orca's Zelda is SEXY!
;)

Top Bottom