• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drewstar And Bum Getting Ready To Open Up A Venue Soon.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Wassup People. This Is Bum Here To Inform Ya About Upcoming Plans To Bring Nyc Gaming Back And Stronger Than Ever. Me And My Boy Been In Talks For Quite Sometime And Most Likely We Are Going To Build A Venue From The Ground Up.

We Are Planning To Host All Types Of Games And Even Have Arcades Within The Venue. The Place Can Hold Up To 60-70 Unless We Can Make It More Spacious. We Plan To Host Games Such As Brawl, Melee, Tatsunko Vs Capcom, Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter 2 Hd And Much More. Birthday Parties We Are Also Doing PARTIES And Other Events.

Right Now We Are Trying To Come Up With A Title. We Are Going To Put Alot Of Work Into This And Want To Be On Point With Everything We Doing. WE ARE LOOKING AT MULTIPLE VENUES AND Will Talk To Each Community And Find Out How Would They Want Tournaments To Be. WE ARE Getting Really Serious With This. We Will Be Recording Matches Live Stream, Have Up To 8 Tvs Or More, Plan To Have Setups Ourselves So No One Really Has To Bring A Wii And Have Them Modded So There Will Be No Tripping.... With Component Wires If We Get Hd Tvs.

WE Plan To Get Arcades Such As Blazblue And Tekken 6.... Sf4 I Wanted To, But The Console Version Is Coming Out Soon With More Content Than The Arcade Version. I Also Plan To Do Training Grounds At The Venue And People Can Come And Just Play Of Course For A Price. We Will Have All Systems For Sure And Items To Sell. We Plan To Have Our Own Site And Rankings For Sure On Each Community. Crew Battles Will Happen For Sure Each Month. Pricing And Dates Will Come Up As Soon As We Purchase The Venue. Please Be Aware This Won't Be No Regular Around The Way Tournaments. We Plan To Go Big With This And Have Oos People Come To Nyc Finally.

Here's a quick walkthrough of the venue on camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz7DTjASsu8

If You Have Any Questions, My Aol Name Is Oni163.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
bum building a venue? too good, i cant wait to see it. this could be huge for the ny community.

lol 33st

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I already knew about this,

When do you think it'll be completed bum?

BUM163

Smash Lord
i'm going to check out the place right now. i check it out, but in a view that my other friend already owns a store upstairs. now i will check out how the place looks that we are going to purchased.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
This can only be described as way tooooooooooooo good. Mad easy to get to from Brooklyn or LI, or wherever. And with people who understand the communities in charge. I think I literally dreamed about this once.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea right now we are looking for the best biggest spot. that spot might be to small so lets see what happens, but this is for sure something we are going to do.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
New York Citaaaaay... soon becoming the epicenter for Smash! Coming back on the map!

Good ****, Bum. Wishin' you the best of luck with this.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Lets Fawkin Gooo!

ill help with the brawl stuff if you guys do need help

Beta9001

Smash Apprentice
Bad economy= sad face.

I really hope you do open a venue. Maybe I'll travel on up to see the famous BUM

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
The writeup could use some work but sounds like a good idea. Goodluck, hopefully it's not someone's basement you're "building" this venue in.

BUM163

Smash Lord
well most likely fellas. gaming will be taken in awhole new level. even though the pics are huge. that is the place. it's pretty big and the amount of equipment will be good.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
this will be great when this finally comes to fruition. NYC needs something to fill the gap since W2Zone closed and this looks like this will be exactly what we need to get the smash scene back in NY.

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
Bum u should REALLY advertised this on shoryuken.com! If if u want put a training grounds on multiple 2d fighters. That u would get alot of ppl. Especially if want to do other tournaments. Like I'm serious when I say alot of ppl considering if ur doing a venue fee.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea of course i will do venue fee..... rent is alot of money. i won't say specifically but its in the gpot. it won't be no bullcrap tournaments. we will most have every tv set up with consoles and the only thing is bringin a copy of the game. we are doing offical tournaments. recording and interviewing the top and casual players. doing a website and all. yea i'm going to put it on that site today. i hope to get nyc popping real big. we are putting a crapload of money and work.

BUM163

Smash Lord
this is not a for sure thing. remember we have to obtain this place first. if so then i will put it up as the title venue obtained. right now we going though the process and see if they certified us. i show pics to show ya what place we trying to get and what we going though. so remember this venue is not for sure yet and if not, we are going to look for other places.

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
Dam sounds like a lot of work. Good job getting this far though bum. :) Hopefully everything comes out good. I like the idea of having live streams on the internet during the weekly's. Sounds badass. >=)

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol. yea if me and my boy get this venue. lots of work and i will be asking people questions on how to do things such as streaming live tournaments. i already have a list of games i want to do and it's going to be crazy.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
yo i do live streams on wifi all the time lol i would of done it at the BX Venue but its not worth it lmao one day im going to message you on aim and show you how i live stream matches on sexy quality.

Guilty7

Smash Apprentice
Anti I saw your live streams on wifi before. xD I remember watching clouderz playing some other meta player the other day.

richie137

Smash Cadet
looks good, I hope this gets through, I will be down for this, and this will be HUGE in the NYC smash community.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Tell me how to get there from Edison and I'll be there once a month atleast with the DBH crew. Or I hope so

I got to play a good DK against mine.

Top Bottom