• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DrillShineSpike Edge Gaurd

WTFJ?

Smash Rookie
New Edge Guard for Fox?

As I played brawl I was thinking whats a better way the shine can spike better because id shine someone and they always return cause its not so effective in spiking like in melee and the ledge is so easy to sweet spot so I thought of this and it works check this out, it worked when i tried it:

when there recovering, jump out to the opponent and down drill (d-air) oh yeah and dont fast fall , into a shine (Down -B)
(Note:This only works if there level with the stage and below because if there to high in the stage obviously they still can recover due to shines not so spiky as in melee , so its only used when there below the stage trying to recover.)

it works because of the drill that hits them consistently and it interrupts there recovery if timed right or if you drill (D-air)while they used there double jump and then you shine and it spikes them, by that time you will be low together and since your shine will stop instantly you can double jump if you havnt used it then you do firefox and return to grab the edge

possible drillshinespike as a name? I wondered if this was possible in melee? i never thought of it? I dunno probably not since fox falls to fast and in here hes floaty haha watevers as long as it works

GimpyFish was surprised when I did it and so was I when I tried it haha too bad we didnt get a video of that it was awsome and my friend was like WTFJ?:mad: the J is my name:chuckle:

Theroy: :confused: But that makes me wonder also could you try to follow them when there high from the stage and trying to recover by just drill shining and then repeat like when try to recover?

example: you f-smash and they float back trying to recover.
you (Fox) - go and jump and D-air (drill) to shine, then follow where the shine hits and slowly descend above there head and D-air (drill) to shine again and repeat until they are spiked completely? Would that work? Ill test it... hopefully make a video if it works . Does it make sense?
:confused:
Or you can D-Air (Drill) to a shine and look towards the stage so that when your floating down above them and if the shine hits the opponent behind you, and your falling to them you can B-air to K.O. from there recovery, and still then be able to FireFox or that Forward B back to the stage

Sorry if its long I hope you all understand it :)

The Don

Smash Cadet
With brawl's flotier gameplay engine this could work but i know in melee even on a high stage drilling in the air off the edge was suicide if this is true it would be a definite offense booster for Fox

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
one possible thing i see is using the last hit of the drill to interrupt someone's recovery and then drop to shinespike
that thing was pretty gay in ssb64 it like killed off Fox's recovery
then again I'm no expert on this, since I usually go for star kos as fox

feod

Smash Cadet
god ohh god tell me this guy did not make a thread about this "event"......lame, i know he go know video

Top Bottom