• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

driving for your first time..

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
i on my way to football practice,till my mom allowed me to drive down a quiet road,turning was kinda hard(since im used to short button pressing physics on need for speed),you had to position the wheel,so i practice doing a "8" turn,for a while,then i went down a straight road(i forget to use a signal accidently) it was hard to keep the from dirfting..so i stopped nead a parking lot,anyone else had a time they drove?

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm only 15, and havn't ever been behind the weel.
But neat that you got to. Still, if my mum let me drive, it would end all our lives.. :p

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
yeah, usually in parking lots or back roads to our highways for me. im trying to get my learners.

always scare my sister and mom for going too fast. <<

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I failed my license test the first two times, so my Mom took me to a place that she heard where it was easier to get it. The test was in a little place surrounded by trees, and the guy who was administering the test wasn't really paying attention. I passed it 100%. I hope you guys have nice test-givers.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most people are just nervous the first time they drive. Try drinking one of your dad's beers from the refrigerator before you go next time. It'll calm you down.

I hope your sarcasm detector is working

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I never had a hard time driving.

In fact, I'm sure that I'm a worse driver now than I was 3 years ago.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Most people are just nervous the first time they drive. Try drinking one of your dad's beers from the refrigerator before you go next time. It'll calm you down.

I hope your sarcasm detector is working
I hope your not saying that just to get us killed. XD

Im taking my learners on 8/21, i hope it won't be as bad as I think it'll be.

Driving isnt hard, its the other people in your way I think, like terrible drivers that go reaalll slooowww...

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
When I first started driving, it was different from what I'd expected, so it took a little getting used to.
But now I'd say I'm one of the best drivers on the road.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
A serious piece of advice though:

Most people driving don't know what they're doing. It's not good enough to follow all the rules, you also have to make sure everyone else is following them too. Even if you drive strictly according to the book, you can still be t-boned by someone who isn't paying attention. Keep an eye out for everyone on the road as if they're plotting against you.

Oh, and another thing:

One of the major causes of accidents is indecision. Be decisive. For example, if the road is about to fork and you don't know right away which way to go: pick a side and stick with it. If it's the right way, great. If it's the wrong way, you can turn around. But what is dangerous is the people that can't decide, change their minds at the last second and swerve into other lanes.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I spent about an hour in a parking lot learning the basics; it really helps to familiarize yourself with what everything does.

AltF4 makes a really good point. People don't know which choice to make, and by the time they come to terms with themselves and finally do decide on one, it's too late.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
im a little nervous about going to go drive but, i think i'll get the hang of it. *though im scared to death that one of my friends is getting his liscense on mischif night.*

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
After having played video games my entire childhood, learning to drive in real life was a cinch. I was like "Lol, this is easy! No homing turtle shells coming for me? No hairpin turns? How do so many people suck at this?"

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It took me less than an hour to get familiar with driving. (my dad let me on the high way after three hours) The only problem is parking. I hate that and going in reverse.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
After having played video games my entire childhood, learning to drive in real life was a cinch. I was like "Lol, this is easy! No homing turtle shells coming for me? No hairpin turns? How do so many people suck at this?"
Haha, definitely. I also attribute much of my driving skill to many years of racing games.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
My first driving experience was my dad telling me we were going to the video store. Pulling to the side the road on the highway and saying, drive to the stop sign. The road was a 55 with a ton of traffic. I learned pretty fast...

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
Merging is a b. Oh, and parallel parking. Other than that, I'd say driving is really easy.

smidge

Smash Apprentice
i prefered to use the X button to brake rather than the B button. . . oh and when it comes to parralel parking the analog stick is sooo mush easlier to use than the D pad

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I always wondered if there are still people in the US who use manual cars instead of automatic. I'm not allowed to drive yet(you have to be 18 here), but my granddad owns a car dealership where I work, so I have to drive the cars around sometimes. It helps with learning to park a car.

Also, if you pick manual in Sega Rally(you know, the arcade racing game) , you'll go a lot faster than an automatic car :p.

McShine

Smash Rookie
Just bought my first car today... 2005 Black Altima, its a nice car considering only has 25k miles on it.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Riciardos: Yes, you can get just about any car in automatic or manual. I prefer manuals in fact, because they are superior in every way except ease of use. Once you learn how to use a manual though, you're set. And trust me, playing smash is way harder than driving a manual.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I drove a bit in my dads 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and my bros 07 Altima.

I'm REALLY scared when I drive and I don't enjoy it all that much.. Haven't driven in a while because I'm scared.. yet to go on the highway though.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
the only time i was frightened when I was driving was the first time I drove alone, but that was because I hadn't driven in two months and then had to drive myself to the PSAT. After that, however, I've been fine.

There is a law that the first time you drive by yourself you shout profanities at everyone.

Spot

Smash Cadet
It is funny that I should come across this thread now because I just got my pink slip today. Driver's Education was very easy and I think driving won't be too hard either.

Top Bottom