• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drop Kicking--SPIKE FOUND! Vid Soon

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay so I PM'd this to Scat but he wasn't on. So, I found an interesting little thing with Yoshi this morning. I've been testing it for about an hour now. But I've only tried it on Ganon so far. It's a fast fall nair, which happened to angle spike...three times.

At the peak of Yoshi's first jump you Nair and hold down on the control stick, it bring Yoshi down very quickly with a nair. At the percentage 176% it angle spiked. But at low percentage on the ground it makes a lengthy push back.

So here's what you want to do:

Jump over your opponent Nair, and hold down on the control stick, you want you body to land on them though...not the Foot.

I repeat the BODY not the foot.

So I'm going to test this more but I though I'd share my progress.

And BTW sorry Scatty, the other way led me to this.

Chaco

Never Logs In
If it catches on as a tech I'm think either YDK or FFN. Yoshi Drop Kick or Fast fall nair, the practical name..XD

Chaco

Never Logs In
Does 6% damage and the higher their percentage the more knockback slide it causes.

bigman40

Smash Master
heh, it's okay. I wasn;t around to check anything (was at work). I'll mess around with this while I mess with DR some more.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah I kinda mislead you, so I'm sorry about that...but moving on.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'll be testing this, too. Sounds nasty. :D

The question is if this can reliably semi-spike at reasonable damages and if the knockback is at least somewhat dangerous for the victim of this technique.

If we name it, it should just be called a drop kick. LOL, what's more threatening than getting hit by a technique called "THE DROP KICK", ROFLLLL!

Yoshi is going Steven Seagall on this hoes!

Chaco

Never Logs In
XD Shiri.

The knockback sliding only works until 96% on smaller characters.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Works for me. Time to test and start looking for applications. ^_^

Chaco

Never Logs In
XD That's a little conceited.

Update: Works on all chars until 96%. The knock back slide atleast.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
How about the Pile Smile Driver?
Because Yoshi is a happy character who would rather give a hug...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well I'm getting a lot of name options...I'm waiting to see what Shiri says about it first...and Scatty.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm all for whatever sounds awesome.

Drop kicking, smile driving (LOL), etc. is all pretty good.

Just nothing dumb. We're on a roll as one of the few characters with non-******** technique names. ^__^

Chaco

Never Logs In
We can't make it sound bad *** though, people complained about DR's name.

I'm with YDK, or whatever revolves around Drop Kicking since that's what it is. Drop kicking is exxentially it, so i'm guessing Drop Kicking.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Name updated and Drop Kicking it is.

I think there might be already an applicatio I found...well another app. A sort of chain like thing, that starts at 0% and goes to like 30%. No human testing yet though. XD I like saying that.

EDIt: The above doesn't work, I thought it might but you can DI out. But anyway the swet spot for the spike is near impossible to find, it's a tiny spot, I believe it does 13% instead of 6% and is located like at the tip end of the heel. But I'm still trying to pin point it.

bigman40

Smash Master
So, let me see if I have this straight. When you FF a SH Nair, a tiny spot in his body or foot pushes the opponent downwards?

Chaco

Never Logs In
So, let me see if I have this straight. When you FF a SH Nair, a tiny spot in his body or foot pushes the opponent downwards?
Yeah, they're is one spot that sends them at a sharp downward angle. It's not really fast...but it's enough to fill. I've already gimped a Pit today with it.

And as far as a vid, if I record it will look awful.

Chaco

Never Logs In
DP but I'm worth it. [/shiri Excuse]

Honestly I'm not sure if that many uses will come from this, yeah it can space you and your opponent. But the spike, it was at 178%, and I'm not sure it will spike any lower since it's normal damage ranges from 6-9%. I'm really not even sure it should be considered a tech. If it is right now or not.

I was wrong on the location of the spike, I actually think you have to move across the top of them with it. Like you cover the top of them and swipe some. It gets the most downward push but it is still at like a 30 degree declining angle. It is not sharp at all.

Defender

Smash Rookie
:yoshi: I'm all for whatever sounds awesome.

Drop kicking, smile driving (LOL), etc. is all pretty good.

Just nothing dumb. We're on a roll as one of the few characters with non-******** technique names. ^__^
What!? Shiri doesn't want to call it the CBRSK (the chicken bacon ranch sub kick), lol? :) On a more serious note, just plain ol' drop kick sounds good, but we could maybe give it a little more flavor and call it the Guillotine Kick.

Regardless of what we call it, I'll have to experiment with this, so thanks for finding it, Chaco.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Welcome i found one useful app though...ledge shaving. DK into that ledge and not risk SDing with dair.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I FOUND THE SPIKE FINALLY! It's a ledge spike. I'll explain soon, but I'mma try to get Scat to make a vid first. =DD

Chaco

Never Logs In
I am now testing the stages, so far it works at FD. This trick works so good. It's like an auto gone stock. It *****. Yoshi is now broken. XD JK

Gindler

Smash Champion
Hmmm, after reading this I think it's happened to me before but I probably just shrugged it off (don't quote me on that). So good job on paying attention Chaco

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi now has three spikes. Is it just me, or does Yoshi have rediculous amount of ATs? Like more than most other characters.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Haha, funny sig pride. Don't all Yoshi's have white @**es though?

Anyways, I'm gonna try this when school starts. A fine addition to Yoshi's spike collection. Now how to incorporate it...

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
When did, huh? Spikes are meteor smashes. They can be refered to as both.
I thought spike= your dead cant recover from. and only 5 (i think) characters have them

Meteor smash= can be meteor canceled with a third jump.
and brawl has no spikes everything can be meteor canceled.

so shouldnt this be titled meteor smash found?

Top Bottom