• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dropzone?

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
How do you do the thing that SS does when he dthrows near the edge and then knees off the stage? I can get the knee but i can't recover. Whats the trick to this? Thanks.

Hax

Smash Champion
you have to knee early.. that's it. if you knee after you've already began your descent for too long, your up-b will not make it to the ledge.

Velox

Smash Ace
So SS dubbed it "The Drop Zone"? Heh, I like that, it describes it perfectly.

I call it "The Rayzorium", seeing I first saw him do it at a tourney more than a year ago.

You just run off the stage and immediatly knee, practice makes perfect (temporary status).

You can do any aerial after it BTW, with d-air being the funniest.

And if you're dieing a lot, do it from platforms so that you don't have to keep respawning.

If they DI away from you this will not work with the knee, although u-air might still work, I dunno (but I doubt it).

All and all, this is like Marth's f-throw f-tilt off the ledge but much more risky, seeing you fall below the stage and if they DI away you're as good as dead.

I find this move hilarious BTW, and never miss a chance to do it :p

emerican

Smash Ace
helps if you jump forward, instead of backwards after your knee is done... seems to get more height so you dont even have to grab the ledge afterwards

jmic

Smash Ace
If I'm mistaken, someone correct me, but I think this only works on space animals. Can anyone verify this?

Hax

Smash Champion
If I'm mistaken, someone correct me, but I think this only works on space animals. Can anyone verify this?
i think you're right but i recall doing it in a cf ditto.

audreyh

Smash Ace
it works on a lot of characters... at different percentages and only when they miss the DI.

love it vs sheik.

CAPTAIN_KruncH

Smash Cadet
Maybe Hax., I think I read this off of the G-reg amazing thread, that if you down-throw spacies, they fast fall, and they have nothing to land on so its easy to knee them on the spot, something like that, correct me if im wrong xD

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It works on a whole bunch of the cast, pretty much anyone who'd need to tech the dthrow if it were onstage, but the %s vary, and they have to miss the DI. It's awesome against n00b sheiks to dthrow chaingrab, and drop zone.

Hax

Smash Champion
It works on a whole bunch of the cast, pretty much anyone who'd need to tech the dthrow if it were onstage, but the %s vary, and they have to miss the DI. It's awesome against n00b sheiks to dthrow chaingrab, and drop zone.
hmm that makes sense. i've never actually tried it on anyone other than fox, falco and falcon so yeah. lol =p

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
oh i see. cuz i was practicing this with my friend, i guess he kept DIing away from me.

btw. i don't t hink this is what SS calls it. i just saw someone else call it this.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I've been hearing this temr a lot lately, and finally i know hwat it is :p anyways, i better train it, but my quiestion is: Does it work on Marth and Roy? If so, how good?

jmic

Smash Ace
More so with Roy, because he falls faster.

Marth, probably at like 0 or low low percentages. I don't recommend doing it against Marth because if you miss, it's a stock.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
something similar to this also works, you can knee a fast faller at low % right by the edge, and if they fall off, you can run off and do another one just like a drop zone, they must be at real low % though. it combos

jmic

Smash Ace
I don't wanna burst your bubbles, and I don't have anything against G-reg, but SS had the Knee to dropzone featured in "Silence". And the combo following it was Knee > Knee > Dthrow > Dropzone.

And we don't need to name EVERYTHING.

I still love G-reg though.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I don't wanna burst your bubbles, and I don't have anything against G-reg, but SS had the Knee to dropzone featured in "Silence". And the combo following it was Knee > Knee > Dthrow > Dropzone.

And we don't need to name EVERYTHING.

I still love G-reg though.
Sure we do that's why there's a list of names for the moves in the manual.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I think it's much better to do it with the control stick since you're already holding the direction off the ledge.

Dthrow- Run right- hold right - press A

but everyone has different preferences i guess

Top Bottom