• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

+++dsx's Queens (ny) Smash Tournament 2--pushed To March 29th!!!+++

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
For those of you interested, the venue location is also a yugioh card shop.

Just in case anyone's interested:laugh:

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Actually i take that comment back idc when doubles or singles start,but please make doubles double elimination
Do you mean make doubles best 2 out of 3? If I do that, I might not be able to schedule in all 4 tournaments. What I might do is run the singles tournaments first and then decide afterwards if there is enough time to have doubles best 2 out of 3:dizzy:

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
If this is still happening, im bring to other people with me. Ah I love how close this is :-)
It's definitely happening...it's featured on 'allisbrawl.com' right now.

*Reminder*--Venue discounts for those who bring Wii's, Gamecubes, Brawl, Melee, etc...just holla at me beforehand:chuckle:

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Do you mean make doubles best 2 out of 3? If I do that, I might not be able to schedule in all 4 tournaments. What I might do is run the singles tournaments first and then decide afterwards if there is enough time to have doubles best 2 out of 3:dizzy:
i also mean double elimination,like u have to lose twice

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I might be able to bring a copy of Brawl and Melee. No Wii though, I've seen to many Wii's jacked at tourneys to trust it yet.

But yea definitely shootin out to this =]

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol. Yeah also too many wiis have been mistook too as well >.>.

im def coming to this. Hoping for some MMs if i do have some cash and if any peeps would go any rounds. Bah, looks like ill have to wait for melee to get done >.>. lol just wished the doubles wasn't 10$ each >.<

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Is there any chance of late signups if your not participating in the Melee portion?
Yes, but you have to come about a half hour (the latest) before the Brawl tournaments start.

It would be naive to say that the tournament venue is completely safe, but the game room is secured within the pharmacy. Trust me, the game systems will be protected in that area. Having said that, I really encourage some of you to bring your game systems (I am particularly short on gamecubes).

Actually, we can use Wii's to run the Melee tournaments.

Nonetheless, I am short on game systems, but I do have around 4+ tv's. Besides, extra game systems can be used for friendlies during the tournaments. This way, you guys can get the most for your venue fee.

skyace89

Smash Journeyman
dude i came home so late(or early) last night i didn't have any energy today....

btw who went today and how was it?

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
oh man, if I would've known about this earlier, I probably would've gone.

Are you really gonna start holding these on a weekly basis?

Also, how many people went today?

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
oh man, if I would've known about this earlier, I probably would've gone.

Are you really gonna start holding these on a weekly basis?

Also, how many people went today?
There were about 20+ people yesteday.

Friendlies went on for about 3-4 hours, and then I held the Brawl Singles tournament (which took up the rest of the time because there were only two tv's and one of them was discolored).

But I can optimistically say that the next weekly will be much better. I'll make sure that there are at least 4 'working' tv sets, and I'll make Brawl Doubles first, followed by Brawl Singles, and then if there's sufficient time we'll do Melee...

...and I'll use tio next time:laugh:

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
There were about 20+ people yesteday.

Friendlies went on for about 3-4 hours, and then I held the Brawl Singles tournament (which took up the rest of the time because there were only two tv's and one of them was discolored).

But I can optimistically say that the next weekly will be much better. I'll make sure that there are at least 4 'working' tv sets, and I'll make Brawl Doubles first, followed by Brawl Singles, and then if there's sufficient time we'll do Melee...

...and I'll use tio next time:laugh:
Did u post up results?can u?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Weeklies in Queens again? Yay! Maybe with this being on swf, it'll attract better competition so that I get legit. Dunno if I'll make this one, but I shall try.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
NOTE THE DATE CHANGE FROM MARCH 15TH TO MARCH 29TH.

Check back for more updates!

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
why it got changed? x.x kinda bad/good idea putting it 29th cause Wes's tourney is on 27th or 28th i believe. so iunno lol.
Well, Ed and I settled on the 29th. I personally would have chosen the 22nd, but then again, the pharmacy is holding another event on that date. I have to respect the store's calendar schedule.

Btw I need moar tv's...just in case anyone's considering bringing one in it gets them free venue. Send me a message or email me with your smashboards username included if you plan on bringing a tv or any other setup, so that I can keep tabs on who's bringing what.

Also, because the attendance and scheduling for this tournament can get pretty hectic, I will eventually post a link on the top of this thread where entrants can pre-register.

Always check back for more updates!!:bee:

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Hmm, dunno if I can make it the 29th. Also too bad it's very brawl based, since I really only like playing melee.

DSNPX

Smash Cadet
Hmm, dunno if I can make it the 29th. Also too bad it's very brawl based, since I really only like playing melee.
I'm def going to consider prioritizing Melee Singles over Brawl Doubles...however, quite a few Melee advocates did not show up to the first tournament. To be honest, it really depends on the attendance in terms of which flavor of Smash is more preferable. I prefer the air.:) jk:laugh: that was so random, but anyway, yeah, that's the way it's going to be.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Lol its too small to really hold Melee sadly =\ But yea ima try to head out to this, im not doing anything this weekend.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I'm def going to consider prioritizing Melee Singles over Brawl Doubles...however, quite a few Melee advocates did not show up to the first tournament. To be honest, it really depends on the attendance in terms of which flavor of Smash is more preferable. I prefer the air.:) jk:laugh: that was so random, but anyway, yeah, that's the way it's going to be.
I might actually come tomorrow, since I may have some free time now.

Edit: crap double post, sorry.

Edit2: 9:45??? That is early as hell, lol

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
What time is this starting? is it seriously 9:45 the start for this? when does registration end?

Edit: nevermind i saw the times. Why didn't i see that last night? >_> Lawd my gf is good at distracting.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I might actually come tomorrow, since I may have some free time now.

Edit: crap double post, sorry.

Edit2: 9:45??? That is early as hell, lol
lol it's cause its on a sunday. And it closes around 6pm ish? It took forever with two TVs and barely finished brawl singles >_>.

Did this thing still happened? The TO didn't even post on updates or anything if it was happening or not... meh oh wellies...

Top Bottom