• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dtilt and Nair

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Ive been messing around in training mode against snake, and I noticed how well dtilt set you up for edgeguarding other characters (mainly snake). It is really hard to DI considering the knockback is poor so it sends them pretty much straight horizontally and as well all know, snake has poor horizontal speed and start up for his vertical recovery. The main way he doesnt get gimped is he just DI's up and avoids any damage because it's hard for characters to get up that high.

But Dtilt and the soft nair hit him in just the right spot, low enough for you to get him with a dair, footstool, or a fair spike. You could go for another nair or egg toss if you feel like it. Only the last hitbox of the nair offers this, so you have to Nair then DI towards the snake. What I did I training mode to set this up is Ftilt > nair. There are many other ways to get the soft nair to hit snake off stage, but that's what I did.

Just something I'd like to share with you guys.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmm, best optionm sounds like Dtilt-Soft Nair-Dair-Nair-****. Good stuff YD.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Also is the Dair to footstool an inescapable combo? Usually my opponents always try to "meteor cancel" the dair with a jump right after it and then I press jump to footstool them. If it is what I think it is, then Dair to footstool would seem very effective against terrible vertically recoveries since if they don't get footstooled they won't reach the edge because they didn't jump in time.

Edit: seems like a dead day for the yoshi boards...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Ive been messing around in training mode against snake, and I noticed how well dtilt set you up for edgeguarding other characters (mainly snake). It is really hard to DI considering the knockback is poor so it sends them pretty much straight horizontally and as well all know, snake has poor horizontal speed and start up for his vertical recovery. The main way he doesnt get gimped is he just DI's up and avoids any damage because it's hard for characters to get up that high.

But Dtilt and the soft nair hit him in just the right spot, low enough for you to get him with a dair, footstool, or a fair spike. You could go for another nair or egg toss if you feel like it. Only the last hitbox of the nair offers this, so you have to Nair then DI towards the snake. What I did I training mode to set this up is Ftilt > nair. There are many other ways to get the soft nair to hit snake off stage, but that's what I did.

Just something I'd like to share with you guys.
This is pretty much spot on. Dtilt at the edge can screw with some character's recoveries, much in the same way Marth's dtilt from Melee worked. I too follow the dtilt with a nair but I run off the stage and hit em (only if I know they used their second jump). Then the rest is history, well most of the time.

StarYoshi14

Smash Rookie
Eh, one time when fighting a Lucario, I did a A combo to get him off the edge, he tried jumping and I did a dash attack because of its long lasting hit box. He is all out of jumps and he tries doing Up B to get back to the ledge. During the start up time and jumped and spiked him, twas cool.

But I mainly use down tilt for its high speed and range.

Top Bottom