• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dtilt

Vlade

Social Outcast
Maybe this move has potential?

I was messing around in training mode and I found that dtilt -> gattling combo is a true combo at ~20% on MK and ~25% on snake with the strong hit of it. (Didn't test EXACT percents)

Situational, but a 33% combo that doesn't involve grabbing isn't too shabby.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dtilt is slower than grab by 1 frame and stays out 2 frames less. Overall, about as safe on spotdodge as grab and less safe on shield than grab.

It's our only fully disjointed attack though, it consistently beats Wario's Bite :3

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
It has some potential. But like you said, landing it is the problem.

There's not many legit 'combos' in Brawl (especially for Falco) but the ones that are usually situational...

Some ideas:
sweetspot dair > dtilt
dtilt > dair [offstage] (works way too much)

erick gm14

Smash Ace
im too lazy to check, how much damage it does when its non staled? is it good for sheild poking? like after u d gattling combo and ur opponent shields it, if u manage to get dtilt while their shield is low would it hit? i remember it does have some shield pokes but idk how well it does since i never practiced with it

D1

Banned via Administration
Dtilt can kill as well, I forgot around which percents...but the thought of killing a Wario @ high percent going for a bite makes me happy XD.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
About the same as utilt.

Overall, charged fsmash into a bite and mash out asap. You deal like 20% and get like 7 lol.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
been using dtilt since 08 days lol

mad easy to use

jab 1 dtilt
jab1 jab2 dtilt

read any spotdodges/rolls, just dtilt them obv

my favorite one is jab 1 foxtrot past them and dtilt them XD (all situational obv, just mostly alternatives)

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
been using dtilt since 08 days lol

mad easy to use

jab 1 dtilt
jab1 jab2 dtilt

read any spotdodges/rolls, just dtilt them obv

my favorite one is jab 1 foxtrot past them and dtilt them XD (all situational obv, just mostly alternatives)

Why would you dtilt when there are a lot more effectives options?

I think the only legit way to mix dtilt into our game is through the jab cancels. I rememember once when we would tell everyone that Ftilt is better in all respects, however, I feel that was probably pretty dumb to do.

I find the angle that we send people up with Dtilt to be far better an angle than Ftilt at certain percents. As I have said many times as of late, Bair is probably our best kill move once we get to those higher percents merely because it is easier and safer to land against an aerial opponent than any of falco's other kill moves. The problem with that was trying to find a way to force people into the air apart from grabs. Jab cancel -> Dtilt seems like an idea way to do so since Dtilt has much larger range than grabs do.

Apart from this, I still see Ftilt being a better move than Dtilt in all respects.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dtilt is slower than grab by 1 frame and stays out 2 frames less. Overall, about as safe on spotdodge as grab and less safe on shield than grab.

It's our only fully disjointed attack though, it consistently beats Wario's Bite :3
F-smash is more disjointed.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Dtilt kills earlier than Uptilt iirc.

(Single) Jab Cancel to Dtilt is legit, since you're pulling your opponent in with the Jab making the stronger point of Dtilt hit. I sometimes use that as a killing option.

I use it to punish Snake's landing at mid-percent (80-100 range).

It overall puts your opponent in a pretty bad situation (especially ROB).

But like mentioned earlier, landing it is too situational. Not much application tbh.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
dtilts sweetspot iirc is the closer to falco, and not the tip though, which makes me not like it as much
correct me if im wrong though

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Dtilt is alright but I dunno I just don't see it meriting staple move status or anything.

It's still got its unique perks though so just use it appropriately, just like by now everyone who's still alive on this board knows how to use moves.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Proper Brawl Falco is a really boring character to play so I just try to play him Melee style! >=D

I originally tried to pseudo combo with D-Tilt but its so slow. U-Tilt is much better. Its bad at killing too. U-Tilt does basically the same thing as D-Tilt except its better. For example you can follow up a D-Air (when you time it so that both characters fall at the same time) with D-Tilt but you can follow up with U-Tilt as well.

:/

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Dtilt is alright but I dunno I just don't see it meriting staple move status or anything.

It's still got its unique perks though so just use it appropriately, just like by now everyone who's still alive on this board knows how to use moves.
Pretty much. Up-tilt is almost always better, barring any extremely situational... situations.

Top Bottom