• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DtJ Presents: Return of the Mack

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
[yt]uB1D9wWxd2w[/yt]

IS PROUD TO PRESENT

Return of the Mack
A House Tournament

Good evening ladies and gentlemen!
It's been awhile since we've been able to talk like this :3
But I am back in the saddle again and I hope you guys are ready for another fresh tournament.

So check it. I live in this apartment, right? It's pretty modestly sized, but with our ability to maximize space I don't think we have anything to worry about fitting the usual number of attendees in haha.
Here's the catch--THIS TOURNAMENT IS ON A SUNDAY
Also it's Metaknight legal.

SIGN-IN/REGISTRATION: 11:00am - NOON
I mean it's gonna be a pretty casual event probably, and we are most definitely inviting anyone who wants to come Saturday and chill/smash/do whatever and get housing for Sunday. But since it's a Sunday and people have stuff to do on Monday I don't want to run super behind, feel me?

Relevant Prices
$10 vBrawl Singles
$10 vBrawl Doubles (Per teammate--$20 per team)
$5 Brawl- Singles
$5 Brawl- Doubles (Per teammate--$10 per team)
$5 Ultimate Marvel Singles
Check it, this is our house, so as of right now there is no venue fee. However, if we decide to charge a venue fee it'll just be for like... pizza and drinks I dunno.

BRING TVs. Four pools on four TVs is lame and it sucks and it takes forever. Be a super cool guy and bring a TV for a waived venue and my everlasting gratitude!

RULES AND JUNK
[collapse="vBrawl"]3 Stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack: On
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Double Elimination for doubles & singles
Life-Stealing is Legal (Doy)
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Losers and Winners Bracket Finals are best 3 of 5 matches)
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied, then a 1 stock replay will occur on the same stage, same characters.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the game ends in a suicide attack, honor the results screen. Should the game go into Sudden Death, there will be a one stock, 3 minute rematch on the same stage with the same characters.
-You are responsible for your own controllers, so be sure to bring an extra controller in case something happens to the one you are using. If your controller malfunctions mid-match, you may request a restart, but both parties must agree on it.
-Each player/team is allowed one stage ban—the chosen stage cannot be chosen by either player for the entire series. You can either choose to ban a stage before the first round, or before your opponent’s counterpick.
-No chaingrab can last past 300%. Any chaingrabbing that exceeds 300% is considered stalling and will result in a forfeit of the match.

LoZ's Stupid Boner Rule - In the event that you should find yourself excessively enjoying a match or it's surroundings, you are required a 5 minute break to walk it off. This is not optional.

PAYOUT
Doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Singles
Under 24
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

24 or Over
1st - 45%
2nd - 23%
3rd - 15%
4th - 9%
5th - 4%/4%

STAGES
The neutral stage will be picked by stage strike method—each player/team takes turns striking one stage at a time, until there are only two neutrals left. The team who striked second then gets to choose between the two remaining neutrals. If there is a problem deciding who strikes first then a simple game of RPS will determine who picks second.
Note: No Player/team can choose a stage they’ve already won on. You can, however, choose a stage you have already lost on.

Neutrals
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium [Melee]
Smashville
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium [Brawl]
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Brinstar
Final Destination
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Anyone can suggest moving a banned stage to the CP list up until the week of the tourney, but the TOs have the right to deny movement of certain stages (I.E. 75m)

Any player is allowed to play on a nonlegal stage, as long as both players agree to play on that stage. No johns if you lose on a stage you agreed to play on.[/collapse]

Address
1150 S. Clarizz Boulevard
Apartment P162
Bloomington, IN 47401​

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
ITT: 13 hour registration.

With the amount of time it normally takes Louisville to arrive, they might need that whole window. #shotsfired

Also, I dunno if I'll be able to make it out to this. It's kind of a long trip for me. Also, Jake, if you see this before work, there was a frog in my bathroom this morning. I don't know what they want, but they're planning something. Also be careful because there's a frog in the apartment. I didn't have time to try to get him out.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Right now I know Steep/Steep's roommate Ross/Ducky/Myself are coming. I believe at least Steep, Ducky, and I were going to be in Steep's car, but I could be wrong.

However, just from Huntington/Fort Wayne I know that I, Ducky, Mellow, R3dman, Trip, and Braxton might want to come, so I'm seeing if it is possible that R3dman or Trip will want to drive a second car.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Me, Juu, and Carls want to go to the tournament. We would need a place to stay for Saturday night. Can anyone pleeeeeeeeeeease help us out-u?

:phone:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Me, Juu, and Carls want to go to the tournament. We would need a place to stay for Saturday night. Can anyone pleeeeeeeeeeease help us out-u?

:phone:
I could offer up housing. Although you'd probably be better off just asking Jake for housing since you're like 4 hours away from him and you'd still have to drive like an hour and a half if you housed with me.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I could offer up housing. Although you'd probably be better off just asking Jake for housing since you're like 4 hours away from him and you'd still have to drive like an hour and a half if you housed with me.
i was hoping he'd respond to my post, but it would be awesome if he can hosue us.

Spock

Smash Rookie
First of all, I'd like to say hey to everyone because I've never introduced myself. I've been working on my brawl game for about a year now and I'd like to finally play in a tournament. I grew up in Fort Wayne, and just graduated from IU. However I'm about to move to Chicago to start work.

Anyway I'd like to play in the brawl singles and maybe doubles, but I start work Monday in Chicago the next day. How long do these tournaments usually take? Will I have a reasonable amount of time to drive back to Chicago if I only play in the Brawl singles?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
You would be pushing it imo, Spock.
Rly depends on # of ppl and how on schedule they remain. Let the TO be the judge. Hope you can make it! Wish I could.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
These tournaments in Bloomington generally don't run too late, but it's entirely dependent on the number of entrants and setups. I'd say though that the latest it will go on will be until 9 P.M, which is 8 P.M. in Chicago time obviously.

And Brandon your "may" better be a "will". I will find you.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I know where he lives here so finding him would be easy!

Also yeah Spock, it definitely depends on entrants/set-ups but I wouldn't expect the tournament to end after 9.

Speaking of that Please bring TV's/Wii's!
We always have a minor set-up problem, and especially now that we're at our own house we're gonna need set-ups more than ever. Please and thank you!

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
Jake, can you provide Columbus Housing? If we bring 3 ppl, we can bring a TV (maybe 2) and at least 2 setups.
We are able to stay at your playce Sat of that tournament, right?
[4:21:43 PM] Jake Jacobson: More than likely yes
[4:21:56 PM] Jake Jacobson: theoretically there's such a thing as "too many people staying" but I don't think we'll break it
[4:22:06 PM] DRB | Juushichi: ok.
[4:22:14 PM] Jake Jacobson: I was gonna tell him to read the OP but
[4:22:16 PM] Jake Jacobson: then I forgot
[4:22:19 PM] Jake Jacobson: and made a pizza

/shrug

Top Bottom