• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt Moveset & Gameplay Discussion

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So what do you think of his moveset? The dog summons Wild Gunmen who shoot at opponents... and he drops tin cans from Hogan's Alley and then the hunter from the fourth wall shoots at them... and he throws clay pigeons from Duck Hunt where the hunter also shoots them from the fourth wall... and of course the duck carries the dog as they fly away together (obviously Up+B).

I noticed that the dog can be both quadruped and biped. He stood on two legs when he picked up the Super Scope.

The dog and the duck are also channelling Banjo-Kazooie which is even more awesome!

EDIT: it's come to my attention that his default specials are...

B - DHD kicks a tin can from Hogan's Alley and the hunter shoots it from the fourth wall

Side+B - DHD throws a clay pigeon from Duck Hunt and the hunter shoots it from the fourth wall

Up+B - the duck carries DHD and they fly away together

Down+B - DHD summons a random Wild Gunman and he shoots at the direction DHD was facing

Final Smash - DHD summons a flock of 8-bit ducks to swoop the opponent then DHD makes his 8-bit laugh before a firing squad of Wild Gunmen and they start shooting at the opponent

EDIT 2: I just found this informative video on DHD's moveset!

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I'm really interested in how the gunman works. From what I saw, it could take damage. This could prove really useful for anti-approach/projectle strats. Possibly even edge guarding.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
-The can can hit Hunt, which sucks.
-The can can be controlled though, as the CPUs showed; I'm assuming sideB depending on which side is how you move it. Doesn't blow up on contact I believe but eh, it's still a technical "zoning and spacing tool".
-Disjoints. Lots, and lots, of disjoints.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
He's extremely creative. The references to old NES classics in particular has me smiling so hard whenever I watch his moveset. That Hogan's Alley Can attack is perfect.

I love this fighter!

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
His Final Smash is epic! Apparently DHD laughs at the cowboys from Wild Gunman... they get mad and try to shoot at the dog... the dog avoids all the bullets... the bullets hit the tin cans and the cardboard targets from Hogan's Alley and the opponents. I got goosebumps watching this!!!!

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
The final smash is amazing. A duck army drags you in front of gunmen, then the dog laughs at you before you get shot.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
His Final Smash is epic! Apparently DHD laughs at the cowboys from Wild Gunman... they get mad and try to shoot at the dog... the dog avoids all the bullets... the bullets hit the tin cans and the cardboard targets from Hogan's Alley and the opponents. I got goosebumps watching this!!!!

AMAZING SH**

you can tell Sakurai put alot of thought and effort into his moveset.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Frigging Monokuma-level stuff here. DHD makes Palutena look like a saint. *Shot*

*Shot again*

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
He even has a laugh for a taunt! I won't be surprised if for the North American version, the laugh taunt includes the 8-bit laugh sound. Perhaps the laugh sound is not as relevant to Japanese players as it is to American players, which is why it was not included in the Japanese version.

Since the dog is a master of dodging bullets, he can play danmaku games like this:

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I am actually really hyped for him, holy ****. I would have never guessed it. Much better than R.O.B and G&W

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
When gema_yue was streaming he went to the custom moves menu and his standard move set was shown.

Standard special: a bomb looked like a barrel
Up special: duck grabs him by the tail and Flys.
Down special: an nes gunner appears and shoots one bullet (maybe multiple)
Side special: the dog throws a Frisbee

Ps. If oct 3rd don't hurry up I'll die lol. the hype intensifies

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was wondering if they would reference other Zapper games with his moveset....this is more then I could have ever hoped for, though.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
double post

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I love Duck Hunt Dog so much.

I LOVE HIM

AND I DIDN'T EVEN SUPPORT HIM

I'M SO SORRY BASED @ Arcadenik Arcadenik

---

Onto a more serious note, other than me being super hype for Duck Hunt Dog, his moveset is so cooooool! I want to see Duck Hunt Dog at tournaments destroying people and then laughing at them.

ALSO I NEED TO SEE DUCK HUNT DOGS ALTS PLS

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im so happy his move set looks incredible

And his banjo @ kazooie alt makes him my most favorite inclusion in the whole game.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Can we all agree to call the Banjo-Kazooie alt, Banjo-Kaduckhuntie? Even if it's only in passing. Also whose maining that alt exclusively? I know I am. B)

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
I'm really interested in the can. In a couple vids, the can goes a very short distance. In others, it flies in a huge arc. Then I've seen instances where the hunter from the 4th wall shoots the can and blows it up or nothing happens untill a character physically attacks the can.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm really interested in the can. In a couple vids, the can goes a very short distance. In others, it flies in a huge arc. Then I've seen instances where the hunter from the 4th wall shoots the can and blows it up or nothing happens untill a character physically attacks the can.
Same here. I wonder if we need to hold down the B button to have the hunter shoot the tin can continuously... and if we press the B button again, DHD kicks another tin can but the first tin can explodes. Can't wait to play DHD and learn his moveset, his strengths and his limits!!!

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Wasn't the biggest fan of characters like gnw n rob, but duckdog looks really fun to use.

Won't be surprised if he's a top tier character competitively.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really want to know how the clay pigeon works... from what I saw so far, DHD only throws it straight... but I'd like to know if DHD can throw it diagonally like Link's boomerang... and whether the hunter shooting the disc is automatic by collision or it's timed or it's triggered by pressing the B button again or releasing the B button.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I really want to know how the clay pigeon works... from what I saw so far, DHD only throws it straight... but I'd like to know if DHD can throw it diagonally like Link's boomerang... and whether the hunter shooting the disc is automatic by collision or it's timed or it's triggered by pressing the B button again or releasing the B button.
You can't control the angle the clay pigeon is thrown. You control the hunter's shots by pressing B, so you can choose when to shoot (you don't have to). Same with the can, you can control the can by shooting it with B until it's destroyed or it hits someone. in both cases it will explode.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Interesting to note is that you can throw the can and it will stay put INDEFINATELY, until you die at least I think. If you shoot it enough times (5-6?) that is needed before it explodes you can combo with it later in the game, kind of like Snake and his old C4. Duck Hunt is very interesting, playing him like crazy atm....

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh... that's a little disappointing... I wanted more control over my projectiles... I mean, if the Wild Gunmen only shoot straight ahead... then maybe the clay pigeons could be hitting opponents above and below, you know? Ahh, I'll figure out how his moveset works... I'll main him no matter what.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Oh... that's a little disappointing... I wanted more control over my projectiles... I mean, if the Wild Gunmen only shoot straight ahead... then maybe the clay pigeons could be hitting opponents above and below, you know? Ahh, I'll figure out how his moveset works... I'll main him no matter what.
well, while the gunmen do only shoot straight you can drop them in the air. they sink slowly until they shoot. and the can is pretty versatile imo, except for that it will only move in the direction you were facing when you kicked it (unless you hit it the other way with Duck Hunt)

Top Bottom