• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ducking... a switch?

Tera253

Smash Ace
it's a theory: has ducking been made into something you can do on and off?
ie: you duck, and then press left ro right to crawl.
the reson this was brought up was because we all saw Link crouching with hiw bow out right? exactly. 'nuff said.
so: true or false?
or stupid.

~Tera253~

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
It looks like there will be something like that to me. I saw wario and pikachu kinda crawling too in the videos if my memory strikes me right

Takalth

Smash Ace
thirded. Crawling is a ******** idea.
Uh...Was there a retraction of the second trailer that I never heard about?

Fact: Crawling is in Brawl. The only questions are "How do you do it?" and "What good is it?"

The original post theorized on an answer to the first which is perfectly likely and would be easier to control than angling your control stick or most of the others ideas which were suggested right after the release of the second trailer.

I don't get why people are calling this stupid, unless they've never seen the second brawl trailer.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Pay attention guys! Wario, Snake, Link, and Pikachu were shown crawling in the second trailer.

Another question is "Can all characters do it, like Wall Jump in Melee?:

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
kirby's crawl would be broken lol, talk about finally getting a way around falco's lasers lol

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
idd, by saying it would be broken was meant to imply i hope they dont put it in lol

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
kirby's crawl would be broken lol, talk about finally getting a way around falco's lasers lol
Wrong. Falco's SHFF lasers can hit Kirby when he's ducking. It ain't easy for me, but it can be done. Reference any Falco vids in his thread.

Maybe Sakurai wanted to include crawling exactly for that purpose- to avoid fox blaster spammers, samus super missile spammers, OR FALCO PLAYERS WHO CAN'T SHFF LASERS SO THEY HAVE TO REMAIN GROUNDED AND SHOOT SPAMMERS.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Ya know what could be more broken? Samus' crawl: morph ball.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Although I could be wrong, I think crawling will just be for a n00b thing. I really can't see us advanced players crawling around.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
im sure someone like ken would find a pretty efficent way to use crawling lol. Prolly a safer edgegarding tactic or something...

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
So it's basically already prooven that crawling is used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
A use for it will definately be found, as some of you said: maybe for avoiding spammed projectile moves.

Or an even more useful reason:
Just for the hell of it.

Takalth

Smash Ace
I wonder if when crawling you will be DIing downward. I suspect crawling will be like mobile CCing.
It would explain why Pika was crawling through the cars in the second trailer instead of using a quicker way of getting through.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I think it will be one of those gimicky things that players use to toy around with. It can be useful against projectile users, unless their projectiles allow them to move freely like some of the items do. But it will be like when I am schooling my friends with Pichu and I crouch to take a nap since he falls asleep heh.

MastaWeeji

Smash Cadet
They could have certain areas only reachable if you crawl through a space... but i'd think that would only be true in a one player adventure mode. As to uses in battle, the only think i could see is getting close to a projectile spamming enemy. Also, if they are introducing this feature maybe they are going to change the height of the gunshots so that all characters would be able to crawl underneath the shots. I don't see how that would work for bowser though...lol. As to how to do a crouch, it makes sense to make it Down and slightly forward on the stick. It shouldn't crawl for tilting too much forward, or that will take away from the f-tilt downward mod attacks.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
thirded. Crawling is a ******** idea.
*COUGHquote belowCOUGH*

I don't get why people are calling this stupid, unless they've never seen the second brawl trailer.
Where we see solid snake and wario crawling back-to-back

Pay attention guys! Wario, Snake, Link, and Pikachu were shown crawling in the second trailer.
quite. . .

and snake-in-a-box never was a 'standing' thing either

schep

Smash Cadet
I would love to see a new strategy involving crawling implemented into SSBB... it probably is in the game anyways (we've all seen the trailers)... don't be afraid of change

-Ypeace-Y-

Arc2012

Smash Cadet
This has probably already been discussed in another thread, but whenever I am wavedashing (or attempting to) I hold the control stick down and at a slight angle. If that is how you crawl, would you just go into a crawl instead of sliding when you hit the ground? It seems like a switch of some kind would stop that and the problem with forward down tilts.

I'm a noob so this post is probably stupid.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Depends on how it's done. What it's uses are and if anything can be done out of it.

Top Bottom