• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dude, I`m sorry you don`t understand

Studstill

Smash Ace
http://smashboards.com/threads/collections-of-cognitive-dissonance.357292/page-5#post-17014501
The "first example" talks about two hitboxes not touching hurtboxes and thus resulting in no hit. Which is my point.
"when a hitbox touches a hurtbox" doesnt happen, so no hit. No ****ing clue what you don`t get about this.

On the "second example" i`m not sure what is happening, indeed, variable framerate, the screenshot beign offsync with the game (things don`t flash in and out of existence every 17ms for one 1ms, they exist constantly after they do, of course), but regardless:
What you are calling a "clank bubble" is not a "clank bubble" at all, it`s your second frame snapshot of (what I call) the contact point of [imo] Falcon`s hitbox connecting with Fox`s hurtbox, evidenced by only by the larger contact point that comes with the increased knockback of that hitbox.
We run into trouble here, and I said '[imo]' because (also backing up my point about your screenshots inaccuracy) there is a large gap in the action between picture 3 and 4. Fox`s jab appears to not exist, and he is within range of a move, i.e. a "HITBOX TOUCHES A HURTBOX."

I really don`t get why you insist on talking about this game and strategy in a movement independent way, i.e. what your suggesting altogether is at best a special case, especially online, of simultaneous ground move impact within 10 points of a damage difference between the two moves.
The most special part of this case is it demands that both characters have no movement control during the move for this analysis to occur. Ridiculous. It lowers this heaping pile of **** you call a 'meta' :
"Run away on Hyrule and not understand how different moves can be linked together, unless there is a combo vid"
I`m only posting this in public because @Fireblaster requested it.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
fox's jab appears to not exist because it was out prioritized by falcon's usmash

i'm sorry you don't understand, dude

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
indeed, variable framerate, the screenshot beign offsync with the game (things don`t flash in and out of existence every 17ms for one 1ms, they exist constantly after they do, of course),
You should learn how emulators work:
Actually, let me tell you. Frame N is displayed. A timer starts. Frame N+1 is displayed. The timer stops. The frame rate is [Elapsed Time] * 60 frames per second. All frames are displayed.

ALL FRAMES ARE DISPLAYED
ESPECIALLY when you do FRAME ADVANCE, i.e. display one frame at a time.

We run into trouble here, and I said '[imo]' because (also backing up my point about your screenshots inaccuracy) there is a large gap in the action between picture 3 and 4.
What action are you talking about? Humans interact with the game 1 frame at a time because the Nintendo 64 only receives controller input 1 frame at a time, and gamestate is displayed 1 frame at a time. The psudo-code is literally:

Code:
match_loop:
get_input();
//Process Inputs
display_game();
goto match_loop;
It seems like you are just saying "I dont believe in priority because even though there is evidence of priority I am going to dismiss it by saying there is other stuff going on in the background that isnt priority but it makes it appear that the game has priority"

Dude, Remember how I showed you that the PROGRAMMERS of the game used PRIORITY to describe move interactions. That "background action" is literally the part of the code that calculates priority, which is why we see priority in the game

fox's jab appears to not exist because it was out prioritized by falcon's usmash

i'm sorry you don't understand, dude

gonna edit in the rest of the stuff just posting now b4 sangoku locks

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
What action are you talking about? Humans interact with the game 1 frame at a time because the Nintendo 64 only receives controller input 1 frame at a time, and gamestate is displayed 1 frame at a time. s
The 'action' being what happens with the move to support his point, in that case, then Falcon simply hits Fox, the jab never comes out, because the move strikes Fox before that happens. It can strike him first EVEN IF YOU RIG IT TO THE SAME FRAME, because the goddamn hitbox touches his hurtbox.
Pwned.
Don`t ever bring this up again. I`m sorry you don`t fully understand a game that you recently started playing, but honestly I`m tired of trying to help you understand.

Top Bottom