• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies:Smashin' with Passion: Round 6

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
okay....now after re-reading this last page, I think we are all confused about dates. I misinterpreted Killa to think he meant "this weekend" as the weekend listed on the page (which is next weekend) but now I'm pretty sure his initial question was wondering if this weekend I would host a MvC fest for those who can't go to pound. Would like to but I'm not going to be in town. So no, nothing is going on this weekend. But next weekend, instead of running low tiers (or maybe running low tiers at the same time) I might be willing to do a side tourney for the MvC crowd, but only if they want it. I personally don't see that a tourney this early would facilitate much in the advancement of the game considering most people are still just learning the basics. It would probably turn into a who can do the most specials. But I dunno. I'm willing to do whatever there is interest for. Personally I would like to eventually do Project M or Brawl+ but there seems to be little to no interest for either.

V1CE

Smash Champion
okay....now after re-reading this last page, I think we are all confused about dates. I misinterpreted Killa to think he meant "this weekend" as the weekend listed on the page (which is next weekend) but now I'm pretty sure his initial question was wondering if this weekend I would host a MvC fest for those who can't go to pound. Would like to but I'm not going to be in town. So no, nothing is going on this weekend. But next weekend, instead of running low tiers (or maybe running low tiers at the same time) I might be willing to do a side tourney for the MvC crowd, but only if they want it. I personally don't see that a tourney this early would facilitate much in the advancement of the game considering most people are still just learning the basics. It would probably turn into a who can do the most specials. But I dunno. I'm willing to do whatever there is interest for. Personally I would like to eventually do Project M or Brawl+ but there seems to be little to no interest for either.
You would think that yes about mvc 3 but there is already a large skill gap between some players... and basics have already been learned by some... Shady is kinda broken in the game... mekos is good too so idk

stingers

Smash Obsessed
nice lol. i think imma be worst out of all y'all. i ****ing blow at mvc2 lol. but I think I might get it tom.

hopefully lol

Killanator90

Smash Journeyman
well shady beat me and kadaj like 22 games in a row... with out losing... i only played like 8 games with mekos or something... I won 1 of them but he was apparently testing something... his traps were good as **** tho... idk shady has a very hi IQ of the the game and is ******
WHo does shady use?

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Is this a small or big turnout crowd? I'm thinking of coming. I'm in Burlington, NC so it's only 45 mins from me. Stockfield you in Burlington, NC too? Maybe we can hook up?

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Is this a small or big turnout crowd? I'm thinking of coming. I'm in Burlington, NC so it's only 45 mins from me. Stockfield you in Burlington, NC too? Maybe we can hook up?
Yeah dude definitely, I am usually free after 5 during the week.

Just pm me.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
I'm here all weekend! I have don't have my Wii, but have my own controller. I have my own place, but tiny TV if you want me to host. Whatever, I'll PM you my number. I'm free after 5ish too, weekdays.

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet
Finally got my own car again, After getting into a wreck leaving MLG >_< so definitely gonna try to do at least one tourny a month!

Note I can bring a full setup if needed
I can actually bring two full setups (1 wii has nothing unlocked though if someone can give me a save file)

anyone want to crash me? little over 2 and a half hour drive for me and don't want to leave saturday morning at like 8am >_<

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet
Allright, I'll probably do that then.

anyone for saturday night?

oh anyone want to partner for dubz?

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
i should be coming again. idk what to do about rides yet so everyone let me know what your planning right now. especially jd steve craig and nima. it would be nice if timmy drove again but i think he hates smash now.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
i should be coming again. idk what to do about rides yet so everyone let me know what your planning right now. especially jd steve craig and nima. it would be nice if timmy drove again but i think he hates smash now.
If it's just me, you, JD, Steve, and Craig then one car will do. I'm thinking Tyler and Taheem will want to come too, though.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
my cousin is coming to. so we have to find a way to bring 2 cars

tac also already told me he wants to come.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
shady ur more than welcome to run the side tourney. Just make sure its run at a different time than singles and doubles (either during lt singles or doubles) because I need as many setups as possible during that time period.

and I hope all of u unc-c can come :) (with cleg and steve)

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I'm providing 4 for brawl. I would like to have at least 3 more from other people (would like to have a total of 10 here but that's just a pipe dream).

To run MvC3, I don't think Danny would need more than 2 setups.

Top Bottom