• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dumb things you used to believe...

Wal-Marth

Smash Cadet
... about smash.

I used to believe:
Samus roll was too cheap because her morphball is very small.
Goldeen could evolve to seaking under certain hidden conditions and would ohko every body.
Mew had a secret attack.
Ness was invented to be in smash.
You could get inside Great Fox.
There was a way to choose Pink Yoshi.
Yoshi's down b was an invincible attack.
To win with link all you had to do was spam up b.

Ash was in the game. (j/k)

I will probably remember more later.
What did you believe?

killa k

Smash Ace
That you could get mewtwo in a pokeball and you could go into the Great Fox, but would fall out the bottom and die lol.

Wal-Marth

Smash Cadet
Ness was Ash due to the "pika" attacks.. Wow the old days xD
Really? Seriously? LOL
But it isnt that far... I believe Earthbound's programmers disbanded and went into game freak to work in pokemon. Pokemon trainer and ness both have a hat, a backpack, beady eyes and a bad game....
You know what this means? Pokebound 64

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
- Snorlax was rigged
- Mew attacks
- One of the secret characters was James McCloud(turned out to be Ness who I knew nothin about)

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
I used to think Fox's dash attack wash broken and so would always choose him.

Dash attack -> opponent doesn't tech -> dash attack again -> opponent doesn't tech -> dash attack....

So on and so on. Sector Z gave me the most space to do this "OMG IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO ESCAEEEPP"

UWOcho

Smash Apprentice
grabs were the way to go

luigi and dk were tied for worst in the game

ness was the cheapest character

kirby was op because he could fly

jigglypuff sucked because she has no up-b, rest was impossible to hit with, dies at low %s

items!

rpotts

Smash Lord
exactly what Daedetheus said, except with kirby's fsmash.

that kirby was the best character

when I was really young, that samus' charge shot was the best attack in the game.

luigi was better than mario because of his upb

that mushroom kingdom is a good stage to play a tourney match on

that ness' dair x10 uair was a combo

The Star King

Smash Hero
Um...

Ness was good?

I never really thought anything REALLY dumb, that I can remember at least.

Except that Ness was a random Chinese immigrant that lived in Britain, that was invented for smash (which is what a friend told me)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I used to think that you could unlock metal mario, giant dk and master hand if you played enough matches. That ws only a rumour spread by some idiots though

Wal-Marth

Smash Cadet
I used to believe that Samy's stage was effin' huge. But when I see it today it looks pretty small... I still like it.

Earthbound is awesome
I tried to play it but I just couldn't stand it after fighting the talking office chair that attacks with exploding soda cans. That game is worse than /b/. The worse part was when

jk asdfsf asf sdfsdfsadfsggrer 10jks

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
i remember getting into heated arguments with my lame friends over what falcon was saying. I knew it was "falcon punch" but i remember one of my friends was 100% convinced he was saying "falcon bomb"

smakis

Smash Ace
I used to think that you could unlock metal mario, giant dk and master hand if you played enough matches. That ws only a rumour spread by some idiots though

you totally can nixxon, just keep spinning that control stick

also, "wat, why does jiggs down b put her to sleep? why have two sleep moves, does it have any actual use?" didnt know what rest was until i saw a vid of it on youtube right as i discovered ssb online =P

Glitchy

Smash Cadet
Me and my friends spent countless of hours trying to get inside Great Fox.
And me and my friends argued about Samus. I said she was a girl they said a boy.

kit

Smash Apprentice
I used to think that you could get the vertical boost from yoshi's down b while in the air... and tried countless times to recover with it... I must have dreamed it...

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's stone was pro (who didn't think that?)
Kirby's stone vs. Pikachu's thunder was epic
If Pikachu (my sister) decided to run away, there was nothing I could do about it. The invincibility stars meant nothing.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I used to think that I was amazing that I could recover with Ness at the age of 5.

That Fox was the best and most annoying character in the game.

That you could unlock metal mario.

that smash attacks rule over all!!!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I used to think beating three lvl 9 cpus, team attack off, all the same character, on their home stage, items on, etc. was an amazing feat (back when I was like 10 ish). lol cpus are the best at making you think you're good when you aren't :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol good thread. I had a lot of these (ness recovery, kirby stone, beating the cpus, etc) when I started. I barely remember, because there's an 8 year gap between me first playing and me playing again (I've never really owned an N64) but I do recall thinking that I was the **** for figuring out how to do tilts, and thinking that Samus was the best character in the game and that I was probably the best smash player ever because I could beat my friend's Kirby. Also, I always played Sector Z no items, which I thought was about the fairest thing ever. Oh, and I thought Ness' and fox's down-b's were broken, and that Kirby's swallow attack was possibly the best in the game.

Wal-Marth

Smash Cadet
This isnt something I believed but maybe it is dumb.

I for some reason "decided" to "train" a friend.
The process was: I threw yoshi eggs at him and he had to crack them over.

It somehow worked after he just spammed link up b and beat me ever since.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
i used to believe i was supposed to feel guilty for usin kirby because he was too cheap, then i started playin bair-spam pikachus and felt less guilty

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'd say kirbys bair has just as much priority as pikachus bair, since it has just as much range. However pikas uair has even more range than that.

rom2014

Smash Rookie
I used to think that you could unlock Raichu if you beat the game on Very Hard with Pikachu using 1 stock... Then I realised it was all a lie :urg:

Also, I used to think that I was the best using DK chain grab and mega punch. Well I beat all my friends using that method so...

Top Bottom