• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Durango CO / Farmington NM Area - Monthly Smash Tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
hey guys I found out why I was unable to get ahold of Martin(plays Zelda)....little A** lost his cell and then says he didn't have time for wow during the last week....right (sarcasm). Anyways he says he can't believe he missed MM's Tourny....and gave me his home number.

Want me to let him know about the Saturday tourny? Then see if I can get Brandon (shiek player)?

Let me know...and let me know if you want to have it at my place so I can stock up on Code Red and any other drinks that are needed (can't think of anything better but who knows)!

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I found out why I was unable to get ahold of Martin(plays Zelda)....little A** lost his cell and then says he didn't have time for wow during the last week....right (sarcasm). Anyways he says he can't believe he missed MM's Tourny....and gave me his home number.

Want me to let him know about the Saturday tourny? Then see if I can get Brandon (shiek player)?

Let me know...and let me know if you want to have it at my place so I can stock up on Code Red and any other drinks that are needed (can't think of anything better but who knows)!
Gwen! get many ppl! and yes your place is perfect! tell them to bring $2. $1 for the tourny and $1 for you (for offering code red and your place). so you think martin and brandon will come for sure? ask them to find the dude who plays the space animals. i think it was chris?

ben i wont let you play the wii or watch tv if you play WoW.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
Yeah I am pretty sure they will come if I get ahold of them today.... Chris I don't know how to get ahold of....I will talk to Jordan on how I might find him.

As for parking...I am going to go double check with the college police to make sure everyone can park on the campus and not get a ticket.

and yeah pay me

Edit: We have a small problem...as of this past Monday anyone without an FLC parking permit cannot park on the campus and risks getting ticketed if they do so. There are no parking lots for visitors to the campus either. So how do we get people to the party? One thought I have is that the Hillcrest apartments have visitor spots and we could do a shuttle system....but if anyone else has an idea this is a problem.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I am pretty sure they will come if I get ahold of them today.... Chris I don't know how to get ahold of....I will talk to Jordan on how I might find him.

As for parking...I am going to go double check with the college police to make sure everyone can park on the campus and not get a ticket.

and yeah pay me

Edit: We have a small problem...as of this past Monday anyone without an FLC parking permit cannot park on the campus and risks getting ticketed if they do so. There are no parking lots for visitors to the campus either. So how do we get people to the party? One thought I have is that the Hillcrest apartments have visitor spots and we could do a shuttle system....but if anyone else has an idea this is a problem.
tell em we will shuttle from hillcrest

Duha

Smash Journeyman
after 5 on weekdays and weekends are free parking anywhere unless that changed gwen cause i do it all the time

and ben the greens are better then the epics in the first game so maybe there is better then greens in the expansion but even the greens are better then everything else in the original game.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
Duha I think you are lucky....for I did just go check in with the police office....they said you can't park on campus at any time without a parking permit. Just letting you know what I found out.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Well they stop giving tickets after 5pm on weekdays that is when the ticket giving place stops giving tickets and no one works on the weekend. The police say that but can't give tickets if no one is working. I know there work times.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
lol ok....I was just wanting to be safe. Anyways I got Martin to join us....so he will be there. I am currently talking to Brandon on him coming. Not sure on the Chris and co yet.

Edit: Looks like this could be big...."hopes not too big"....Elliot is coming and he is the one that knows Chris. We will need atleast one more TV, a gamecube, and extra controllers. Too many more ppl and we will need to consider having the party somewhere else....my arpartment is not that big lol.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
wow burning crusades must be real good you hardly posted a real word textbook

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Mini Tourney/ Smashfest January 20

2 til whenever.
Gwens place (1000 Rim Drive Durango , CO 81301. then call for parking)
$2 ($1 for tourney, $1 for what gwen provides for us)

im assuming all this will be okay. am i right gwen?

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
I was thinking we start a little later....but sure noon will work lol :)

Can't wait to have some fun!!

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Mini Tourney/Smashfest January 20

2 til whenever.
Gwens place (1000 Rim Drive Durango, CO 81301. then call for parking)
$2 ($1 for tourney, $1 for what gwen provides for us)

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
Sounds AWESOME!! THANKS 9

Edit : 9 you are bringing your TV and gamecube YES?

make sure to bring all your controllers.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
ok I may pick up one or two more controllers tomorrow...but we may be short on controllers..

Head count so far ...

Martin
Nin9
Brandon
Duha
Buz
Zen

Chris is still an unsure (Elliot will see what he can do tomorrow).
Jordan is coming (if we can get money for plane tickets and there is a flight in the next two days from texas to Durango.) lol in our dreams hehe =P

Did you guys find any more ppl to come?

Benthos

Smash Cadet
I want to come and so far I have nothing that is going to be in the way of coming. I could bring a wavebird controller or two as well. I also might bring along one or two others along depending on if they are busy or not, like a younger brother or some friends.

Benthos

Smash Cadet
I'll call you tomorrow when I have a chance to ask the others to see if they want to come along as well. Sounds like it will be lots of fun.

Benthos

Smash Cadet
I had the coolest thing happen with G & W today. I was playing him in a 4 player match, and I shouted "judgement hammer" as I used his hammer move. The move pulled off a 9 and killed two people. It was pretty awesome.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
wow cool more people. Please do bring a controller if you have one, and more if you got them. I think we have 2 cubes and 2 tvs for sure. We probably could use one more TV and one more cube if anyone has them atleast.

See everyone then :)

Edit : Pikachu FTW!!

Benthos

Smash Cadet
I tried calling but it doesn't seem to be working. So far it looks like I'll be bringing one of my younger brothers. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
IT would be long distance so if you are calling from a house number you have to dial a 1, someone called from a michigan number was that you?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Nine get the Victor's tourney losers finals up I want to see it. Also you never answered:

What was the song used in the first 20 seconds of the Get well Ferdi crew matches?

Benthos

Smash Cadet
No that shouldn't have been me, I have a NM number. It looks like I'll just be coming alone as well, since my younger brother decided to stay and do things with friends instead of coming. I also printed a map off of google earth of the nearby streets and such, so it should be easy enough to find. I pretty much just follow 550 and then make a few turns.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
1000 rim drive
Durango, CO 81301

Meers(sp?) apartments gwen post your room number so he can find it. Also everyone should post there cell so if he does get lost he can call someone. or benthos let us get your cell so we can call u

Duha

Smash Journeyman
so you are going to drive out here and what happens if you get lost? drive back? Just take my number 3035969128 so if you do get lost you can ask someone for their phone or use like walmats or something

Benthos

Smash Cadet
If I do get lost I could use a pay phone, so I will be writing your numbers down just in case. I'll have maps and such, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Also, I should only have to take 5 or so total turns during the whole trip there, so there isn't much chance of missing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom