• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Durango CO / Farmington NM Area - Monthly Smash Tourneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
ok yeah I just got up lol and walked outside for a few mins and almost killed myself lol

as a warning to anyone who is coming....watch out....the what looks like a pile of snow in front of my room is actually a thin layer of snow hiding a lot of ICE....very slick.

ok my room number is 5104 (ignore the signs on the door lol) and my cell is 303-503-2820

knock when you get here :)

Edit: hmm how to explain which apartments are mine....when you get up to the campus they are the very dark ones...only two buildings....one is 4000 block and other is 5000 block. They don't say mears on them...I don't think. (not good explanation I know)

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
basically once you get onto 8th ave in downtown durango you follow it north itll start going uphill with sharp turns then once you get to the top youre at fort lewis. go straight thru the light and the only things you should be concerned about are the big brown buildings up to the right. once you get there and are facing them she lives almost farthest left and is on the first floor.

THE PRICE OF THE TOURNEY HAS BEEN RAISED TO $5. SORRY FOR THE SHORT NOTICE BUT AFTER SOME DISCUSSION THIS WOULD GIVE 2ND AND 3RD PLACE A CHANCE FOR SOME CASH INSTEAD OF HAVING THE WHOLE POT GO TO 1ST.

I BELIEVE THAT I AS WELL AS OTHERS WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THIS A BIWEEKLY EVENT BUT WE WILL DISCUSS THIS AT THE TOURNEY.

Benthos

Smash Cadet
okay, I should be leaving soon. The entry fee raise is fine with me. I'll have my map, your directions, and your numbers, so I should be fine.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
hey we need to start thinkin about the new mexico tourny... get in some prac a couple of times a week. i calculated how much it would cost everyone for gas if we took my expedition.
5 ppl = $20/person
4 ppl = $25/person
3 ppl = $33/person
along with that tho i can fit you guys comfortably WITH the TV goin so yall can play smash/watch a movie the whole way there. i think it would be good times. the only only thing to worry about is ice or a whole lotta snow. we also need to find some housing.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
yeah totally count me in 9

I hope everyone enjoyed the fun last night....i know I did. Thanks for coming guys.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
no matter what its a lot of money. mike gets only 2 more mpg than me so the price difference would be like $2-$3 and his is a lot smaller than mine. but whatever.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
humm...

the ride for two people from denver to durango is 20$ per person.

how long is the ride going to be?

EDIT#2 in responce to Gwen:
what do you mean play smash alll the way down? is someone planning on buying a mini t.v. and power adapter or something?
because that would be plucken sweet.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
noob HAHAHAH!!! j/k

lol...I don't mind the cost...but I really would love to play smash bros all the way down :) would be fun.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
That does seem expensive nin9 unless you are talking about more then gas it is 40 dollar trip from denver to durango one way albeqerci is less then half that distance and no mountain driving which soaks up more gas. I could make it to albeqerci and and back 70 dollars in gas that would be
24$/3people
18$/4people
15$/5people.

also i need to start thinking about school more so count me out for practice during the week i need to focus on school not smash. i can play weekends but not during the week till i get re focused.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
It is better just to get all the gas and keep the recipt and at the end of the trip split it. If you drive you would have to have a full tank of gas when we leave. Then at every gas station we fill up at get the recipt and save it then fill up one last time in durango and then use a calculator and split it. that is the best way in my opinion.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
What are your thought on a Feb. 17th tourney Durango players?

1756 S Yampa Way
Aurora Colorado

So you can try to get gas estimates and such.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
so much traveling lol would we have a place to stay? i am down i am not sure about the others

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya if you could make it the week after that spirit that would be a lot more nice on our traveling.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
lol, I agree with the 1 week after NM thing. I'll just post this on the other thread as well. Anyways, if you guys are going to X-Topia, just play me then.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
will play you there spirit one of the colorado smashers will proabally win cause i think TBNJ got4th last time down there.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah i think itll be victor or ferdi... easily. ill put money on that. i need a teams partner! me and mike suck together!

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
so where are we at with the NM tourny? I want to go :)

Also, I believe we are having another smashfest this weekend. We wanting to do it at my place again. I believe it is ok with my roomate, so we should be ok.

another note. Two weekends after the NM tourny (feb 10th) is my Birthday weekend (feb 23rd), and as such my sister is coming into town for part of the weekend. So, I won't probably be making any tournys that weekend :(.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
[post deleted]
matt edit. You're banned. You aren't aloud to post.
Edit: So are you guys coming? Just wondering if you can bring a tv and a gcn (or more if possible)

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I wont be there got to teach from 8-3 or 4 o'clock the bi weekly that is. i can come afterwards

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
Duha come when you are done if possible :) Definitely want you there.

yeah my place at 2pm on Saturday...bring money for food and tourny. I will get the drinks.

UPDATE: Benthos you coming this Saturday? Martin has had something come up that he will not be able to come. Pugboy and Brandon are unsure atm. Will update again as we get closer to Saturday.

Benthos

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure whether I'll be coming or not. It would be a lot of fun, but hopefully it won't end up as late as the last one. I'll try to come up with an answer sometime tomorrow.

Benthos

Smash Cadet
I don't think I'll be making it. One of the cars my family just had its transmission go out, so my parents will probably need the other two.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
Biweekly 2 had massive amounts of ppl show up!

1. Zenjamin
2. NIN9
3. Buz

durango dudes we need to practice
last decent smash get together we had was friday...
throw out some suggestions!
NM is in 3 days!

Duha

Smash Journeyman
only day i have is friday.i have to be to bed by 8-9 monday- thursday.

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
MAN WHAT A ****ING AWESOME DAY!!!! WOOOOT...

anyways....just curious....duha are we taking your truck to the NM tourny? When are we leaving if so?

ok back to killing stuff in HALO 2 =)

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
yeah they banned 3 of my characters and he counterpicks flatzone...
sorry ben and gwen it must be said.
you coming to NM still ferdi?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom