• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dustbowl 4! MK Banned! RC+Brinstar added!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
There will be a streamer there most definitely. However, I have NO idea how much stream time smash will get. I dont even know if the streamer will have the tech necessary to stream off a wii and crts.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Get Skype on an iPhone and point the camera at the screen. Conference call for anyone who wants to watch. :awesome:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Id rather everyone bring as much as they can and have too much, than people not bring stuff and find out at the venue that we do need it.

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Hey I was just wondering if were allowed to bring our own set up. (Just read above post) ( Tv,wii and all that) Hopefully I could bring 2 tvs.

I would like to have a have a set up for melee and project m where we could just play friendlies and what not. Would that be alright?

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
Hadn't been able to commit till now due to school work, but at this point I should definitely be coming to this.

-Stack

Edit: will bring my Wii and copy of Brawl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You are most definitely allowed and encouraged to bring set ups. However, i may have to commandeer your set up for a short time to expidite the running of the tournament. But yes bring everything you can please

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
because melee is stupid and no game should be striving to be like it. at least more like it than brawl already is from a mechanics perspective.

that and they dropped the ball in a number of aspects. character balance is trash tier and the games not even out yet.

PLUS, NO KIRBY? FOH WITH THAT NONSENSE.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
character balance is trash tier and the games not even out yet.
A better statement is that character balance is not even understood. This is shown by different regions having wildly different opinions. Eu Thinks lucario is god tier and ike is trash while us thinks Ike is amazing and lucario is decent. I think that the fact that the games not even out as you say crushes these qualms. Also im the opposite of a proj. M apologist cause I have some problems with it but these criticisms werent that good.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
A better statement is that character balance is not even understood. This is shown by different regions having wildly different opinions. Eu Thinks lucario is god tier and ike is trash while us thinks Ike is amazing and lucario is decent. I think that the fact that the games not even out as you crushes these qualms. Also im the opposite of a proj. M apologist cause I have some problems with it but these criticisms werent that good.
Really? As far as Im concerned Ike and lucario are both broken. and Ive never seen anybody say otherwise for either character.

Mango and Hungrybox playing Melee Fox and Jiggs with pretty much 0 changes. Both of those characters are essentially unchanged and they both got rocked by some random dudes ike at big house. Jury might still be out on lucario, but cant nobody tell me nothing about ike not being OP.

So wait can we bring some Project M just for friendlies?
From just my own personal stand point, I would rather you didnt, but as a TO, Ill say that after the tournament is done and there are open set ups, you guys can play what ever you want.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
What time do i have to be at the venue? This says 9am but SRK says 2pm

Xubble

Smash Ace
Mango and HBox have had YEARS of Melee experience. Years without Ike. Do you expect them to know all of the little details and workings of a new character in the short time they've had around high level Ikes? It's the same reason why JCaesar can break out his ROB (literally his, he did most of the ROB stuff I believe) and go to town on Melee veterans. I'm not saying that Ike isn't amazing, but if P:M had tier lists, he'd be the one who's hyped up for a while and then slowly drops after people have sufficient time (read: maybe years) to adjust.

Not exactly the thread to talk about it, but yeah.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Question, if mango played p m seriously and he decided that he was going to main ike instead of fox, would you be more scared of him or less scared of him?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
My phone isnt on at the moment. But Ill give you Damus' number. Hes the actual event organizer and if you talk to him, he'll relay all the info to me.
315-472-4263

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
The reason why M stands a chance is because there's more characters beyond the veterans that are applicable in the metagame. I'd never play Marth or Fox in M because I might as well just play Melee. The game has too much to offer, and I have all these new characters I can troll with. :p

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Thax shovel

I'm transferring now, will be in syracuse p soon ;)

Top Bottom