• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dynasty Events Smash Battle Bash! 09-20-09 NYC Up to $2000 Cash !!

DYNASTY EVENTS

Smash Cadet
Dynasty Events Weekend Battle Bash! Which will be held at the #1 tournament
center in Brooklyn "Kings Games!

Voted one of the top 3 game centers in N.Y.C by the Examiner.com !!!

Our local players have shown they have what it takes but now its time to see if
the Dynasty crew can compete with you !!!

-SEPT-19-2009-Saturday

-Marvel vs. Capcom 2- Beginning - 4:00 P.M

- Soul Calibur 4-Beginning-4:00 P.M

-SEPT-20-2009-Sunday

-Street Fighter IV-Beginning-2:00 P.M

-Super Smash Brothers Brawl-Beginning-2:00 P.M

-Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles-Beginning-5:00 P.M

-BlazBlue-Beginning-5:00 P.M

Bi-Weekly event so you can expect to have a blast at our bash and you're free to come every 2 weeks!!!

FEES: $10.00 tournament entry fee/ $10.00 house fee

Tournament cash payout is as such:

CASH PRIZES FOR 30-70 PLAYERS:

1st place will receive 60% of all tournament entry fees

2nd place will receive 25% of all tournament entry fees

3rd place will receive 10% of all tournament entry fees

4th place will receve 5% of all tournament entry fees

70 + PLAYERS:

1st place will receive 50% of all tournament entry fees

2nd place will receive 25% of all tournament entry fees

3rd place will receive 15% of all tournament entry fees

4th place will receive 5% of all tournament entry fees

5th place will receive 2.5% of all tournament entry fees

6th place will receive 2.5% of all tournament entry fees

30-OR LESS PLAYERS

1st place will receive 70% of all tournament entry fees

2nd place will receive 20% of all tournament entry fees

3rd place will receive 10% of all tournament entry fees

Special prize:
IF MORE THAN 40 PLAYERS ENTER A FREE XBOX 360 OR NINTENDO D.S.I WILL BE HAND OUT IN A FREE 20 PERSON TOURNAMENT RANDOMLY SELECTED BY THE PLAYERS BY HAT DRAWING OF PLAYERS NAMES!!!

We did so well with our locals alone in our previous events that we are expecting in the least 40 players and at most a full 200 player smash brawl party!!! lol I need you guys to get hype because this is the largest smash event ive ever done!!!!!

-Kings Games is the largest venue for local tournaments in the NYC region. our max capacity of 200 people allows more competitors to play so let's pack the place and pack the winner's wallet!

This event is hosted by Dynasty events at Kings Games.

For further information contact us at:

Phone: 718-336-1955

Brooklyn, NY 11229

Map quest and live stream: www.heartofbattle.com

Transportation: Simply take the b or q train to KingsHighway and turn the corner on your left.

This is one of our many Bi-weekly events (proudly after seeing the success of our first event) so we simply wish the keep the ball rolling as Dynasty Events and Kings Games continues to support the gaming community so come out, compete and showcase your gaming skill...
finals will be streamed for viewing online and played on 72 inch large monitors!!!

Igotdembombs

Smash Rookie
Yeah top 6 pay out and then first place can get a nice new twenty dollar bill and if he's lucky a golden dollar.

Even evo payed top 3(which I think is stupid a tourny that massive should be top 6), and plus the venue isn't 50$
You should be in it TO WIN IT

So Fatal

Smash Master
soo the past nj/ny tournies have had 90 entrys and you think first @ 50% is $20? ....... its $450 its still alot of money, if u wanted alot of people to enter you would be smart and extend the payout, just saying, ur **** tournament

DYNASTY EVENTS

Smash Cadet
soo the past nj/ny tournies have had 90 entrys and you think first @ 50% is $20? ....... its $450 its still alot of money, if u wanted alot of people to enter you would be smart and extend the payout, just saying, ur **** tournament
I do see both sides here and im going to go about it like this since i want a large event where every one is happy. the most unique post we get voting for either one of these to options is how the prizes will be devided.

1st : 50%
2nd : 20%
3rd : 20%
4th : 10%

or standard

70,20,10%

place your votes people because its your prize :)

D1

Banned via Administration
Also this venue is in a relatively safe part of Bklyn, so don't fret kids.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
Also this venue is in a relatively safe part of Bklyn, so don't fret kids.
Dont go scaring them off now. >_> Also. Make the payouts vary like if so and so show up make it 70 20 10 if more show up extend payouts.

Tec0+9

Smash Apprentice
Last word of advice. Take the special prize down lol. The best players in the world are ADHD, Ally, Mew2king, Tyrant, Dojo, Larry Lur, SK92, and fiction. Hopefully once Bum and Teh Spammerer come back and actually travel they will be on the list lol.

BUM163

Smash Lord
well i finally moved and actually been training. my skills is coming back with new tactics. i apperciate that tec0 and spammer is amazing... he should of been traveling lol. i will be traveling once i get an offical stable job. then ya will see a new bum for sure.

DYNASTY EVENTS

Smash Cadet
Dont go scaring them off now. >_> Also. Make the payouts vary like if so and so show up make it 70 20 10 if more show up extend payouts.
Im liking this feed back and im going to tally the vote but if we do fill up the entire 200 player space with a $2000 prize split or even just 100 entrys with a $1000 spit i say 50,20,20,10 is the way to go and if its (which is very unlikey) less than 30 players then 70,20,10 seems good but still this decision is up to you guys.

ALSO- IF more than 40 players enter their is a free tournament for an xbox 360 added in to this event where of course we will put everyones name who entered in a bag and than randomly select 20 players to compete.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Less than 30: 70-20-10 or refund if that few.
30-64: 60-25-10-5
65+: 50-25-15-5-2.5/2.5

Just IMO.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
The 65+ should probably actually be 55-22.5-12.5-5-2.5/2.5. Approximately.

Soukon

Smash Rookie
I'm going to try and show up to this. But first, noob *** question inc as I've only been to one tourney and don't know many standards yet:

Will we be allowed to use game cube controllers, or must we use wii controllers?

This sounds silly but at a game stop hosted local tourney I was all excited until (I was in the first elimination game of the event) I was told I could not use my controller, I had to use the provided wii stick and nun chuck.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm going to try and show up to this. But first, noob *** question inc as I've only been to one tourney and don't know many standards yet:

Will we be allowed to use game cube controllers, or must we use wii controllers?

This sounds silly but at a game stop hosted local tourney I was all excited until (I was in the first elimination game of the event) I was told I could not use my controller, I had to use the provided wii stick and nun chuck.
You can definitely use GC controllers.

Also, is there doubles? Should be.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
fatal, you're going to this?

is there going to be brawl doubles?
i didn't see any mention of it in the OP, unless i missed it.
could you explain the DSI and xbox360 give away? didn't really understand what you meant exactly.
me, my brother, and ksizzle are going ^_^.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ill go if the pot changes and I can get a good team mate
As a tip you should not put the cash payout if it is not guaranteed. It will lead a misconception that 2000 is guaranteed though it is clearly not.

Also doubles should be invovled as most tournaments, if not all recently, have both singles and doubles as a part of the event.

Since this is on a Sunday, and most people have either school or work, how many setups will be provided? Also is there a discount for setups brought? More setups = less waiting and faster organization.

It is also best to organize the thread a little better it is a little bit copy/paste like.

Also who is running the smash event? If it is someone known it helps if they post that way people know who is running it. If it is someone not known its still fine but I was curious.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Yea, get some more info up, including some estimated attendance.

DYNASTY EVENTS

Smash Cadet

you are allowed to use any controller you please and if your controller has damaged itself you are welcome to use one of the stores many wii or gamecube controllers:)

DYNASTY EVENTS

Smash Cadet
fatal, you're going to this?

is there going to be brawl doubles?
i didn't see any mention of it in the OP, unless i missed it.
could you explain the DSI and xbox360 give away? didn't really understand what you meant exactly.
me, my brother, and ksizzle are going ^_^.
I want to let you guys have doubles and it seems so many people are interested...
Is doubles something the community would prefer over singles or would you guys like it in addition to the reg. tournament with its own prize and all?

basically we received about 40 smash players our first event so if we get at least 40 for this one we are going to put all our contestants name in a hat and after the event let players pull 20 random slips out and hold a free entry tournament for a dsi or 360 just because Im trying to build some good rep. here:)

DYNASTY EVENTS

Smash Cadet
As a tip you should not put the cash payout if it is not guaranteed. It will lead a misconception that 2000 is guaranteed though it is clearly not.

Also doubles should be invovled as most tournaments, if not all recently, have both singles and doubles as a part of the event.

Since this is on a Sunday, and most people have either school or work, how many setups will be provided? Also is there a discount for setups brought? More setups = less waiting and faster organization.

It is also best to organize the thread a little better it is a little bit copy/paste like.

Also who is running the smash event? If it is someone known it helps if they post that way people know who is running it. If it is someone not known its still fine but I was curious.
Well we are not really known but my freind D1 is helping me set everything up...of course there is a $10.00 discount for anyone who brings a copy of the system and game that we use.

We could use an additional 3 backup systems in case something spoofs with ours but we have a few systems so im only giving this discount to the 1st 3 people who post that they are bringing systems.

And its settled we are doing singles and doubles!!!!!!!!:chuckle:

DYNASTY EVENTS

Smash Cadet
Are there enough people coming? I'll ask ok frinds if they wanna go
Thanks alot and thanks to everyone else showing their support and comming...I want to bring Smash to the level it deserves to be and start streams for all my events

As for people we could always use more people and players so come through because so far im certain we will have about 55 players but if we can hit 100 or the whole 200 it would be an epic event!!!:psycho:

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Okay this all sounds good, I need a partner. Good people that I know, please. MK/Snake/ICs.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
There are doubles every week, and it's always different people, go read the tournament results forum and look for stuff in the NY/NJ area. Anyway, I assume doubles is in addition to singles, because that shouldn't even be a question <_<.

DYNASTY EVENTS

Smash Cadet
There are doubles every week, and it's always different people, go read the tournament results forum and look for stuff in the NY/NJ area. Anyway, I assume doubles is in addition to singles, because that shouldn't even be a question <_<.
its def. doubles and singles and was already changed on the tourny description:)

Top Bottom